I have read the sticky posts several times, but am still confused on one point- sorry!

1. Need to purchase a three day adult parkhopper ticket
  2. Best rate is with parksavers- for $371
  3. Understand I will get a code to link to mydisneyexperience within 24 hours of purchase
  4. Forced to select "will call" or "mail" for delivery option
  5. Will I need to pick up the physical ticket on property- or is the code good enough if the guest will be staying on property with magicband?
Hope this makes sense. Undercover Tourist is the only site marketing a three-day park-hopper e-ticket, and even they require a will-call name- making me think that this step is potentially optional for all tickets if they are linked to an onsite resort stay with magic band.

Thank you for all of your work @Robo this thread is very informative.

I have read the sticky posts several times, but am still confused on one point- sorry!

1. Need to purchase a three day adult parkhopper ticket
  2. Best rate is with parksavers- for $371
  3. Understand I will get a code to link to mydisneyexperience within 24 hours of purchase
  4. Forced to select "will call" or "mail" for delivery option
  5. Will I need to pick up the physical ticket on property- or is the code good enough if the guest will be staying on property with magicband?
6. Hope this makes sense.
7. Undercover Tourist is the only site marketing a three-day park-hopper e-ticket, and even they require a will-call name- making me think that this step is potentially optional for all tickets if they are linked to an onsite resort stay with magic band.
8. Thank you for all of your work @Robo this thread is very informative.

1-4. OK.
5. No need to pick up a physical ticket, but you can, if you'd like.
6. Sure. One of the most-asked ticket questions, actually.
7. Again, if you will be using a MB, you don't ever need to pick up (or order) a physical ticket.
(It can be used as a back-up for your MB, just in case, or a small souvenir.)
8. You're welcome!

Last edited:
Slightly different question that might just be so obvious I can't find a definite answer. I bought the tickets online (2 - 4 Day hoppers at the Canadian Special Rate). Now I have an email saying they are linked to my MDE account and I can see them on my account. We're not staying on property. Is showing the app to them at the gate enough to pick up the tickets?

Slightly different question that might just be so obvious I can't find a definite answer. I bought the tickets online (2 - 4 Day hoppers at the Canadian Special Rate). Now I have an email saying they are linked to my MDE account and I can see them on my account. We're not staying on property.
Is showing the app to them at the gate enough to pick up the tickets?

Yes, along with a legal photo ID.

Slightly different question that might just be so obvious I can't find a definite answer. I bought the tickets online (2 - 4 Day hoppers at the Canadian Special Rate). Now I have an email saying they are linked to my MDE account and I can see them on my account. We're not staying on property. Is showing the app to them at the gate enough to pick up the tickets?

In order to expedite things, bring the credit card you paid with, if you can, along with your ID.

I was wondering if anyone here had successfully upgraded their agency exclusive PH tickets to an annual pass? I had read quite a bit of the thread and people have asked, but I hadn't seen if anyone had actually done this and if bridging worked.
(I have 8 day PH with 1 fun option to either mini-golf or a water park.) TIA!

I was wondering if anyone here had successfully upgraded their agency exclusive PH tickets to an annual pass? I had read quite a bit of the thread and people have asked, but I hadn't seen if anyone had actually done this and if bridging worked.
(I have 8 day PH with 1 fun option to either mini-golf or a water park.) TIA!

What are "agency exclusive tickets?"
Are those "travel agent" tickets?

In order to expedite things, bring the credit card you paid with, if you can, along with your ID.

After years of ticket questions about this, I don't even bother telling questioners about this.
It puts so many posters into some kind of teeth-knashing, all-out PANIC because they...
"Don't HAVE that credit card anymore!!!!"
Forgot to pack it.
Left it in the room.
Left it in the car.
Left it in my other pants.
Left it in my other purse.
Left it with the house sitter.
Left it with the pet sitter.
Had my identity stolen.
Filled it up.
Had to cancel it.
Cut it up.
Lost It.
Changed card companies.
Changed banks.
Got married.
Got a divorce.

Will I not get my tickets???
What will we DO???"

So, I know that it can certainly be helpful,
but for golly gosh sakes...
Just remember, guests, that it is not absolutely REQUIRED to have that credit card to get your tickets.

:scared:

After years of ticket questions about this, I don't even bother telling questioners about this.
It puts so many posters into some kind of teeth-knashing, all-out PANIC because they...
"Don't HAVE that credit card anymore!!!!"
(...)
So, I know that it can certainly be helpful,
but for golly gosh sakes...
Just remember, guests, that it is not absolutely REQUIRED to have that credit card to get your tickets.

It's not absolutely required, but Disney did start making ticketing CMs verify credit cards about a year ago, and we have to put a fraud-prevention note in if a guest doesn't have the credit card for a direct-from-Disney order. (The credit card is 100% useless in the case of third-party orders.)

That said, if someone doesn't have their confirmation number (which is not in the MDX app, for some stupid reason, and I can gripe about that for days because literally everyone anymore walks up to my window and shoves their app in my face) AND doesn't have the credit card they paid with, finding their order is significantly more difficult and they may or may not get a CM who even knows how to look any other way. This is extra-true if the guest has a very common name, because searching a big database by name is the main other way to go. MDX is pretty useless unless a guest has had RFID media assigned to their account in the past, because then "Visual IDs" from the old media can be used to look the tickets up one by one, but again - you may or may not get a CM who knows MDX that well.

So basically, bring everything relevant that you've got for the easiest possible experience at the ticket windows.

It's not absolutely required, but Disney did start making ticketing CMs verify credit cards about a year ago, and we have to put a fraud-prevention note in if a guest doesn't have the credit card for a direct-from-Disney order. (The credit card is 100% useless in the case of third-party orders.)

That said, if someone doesn't have their confirmation number (which is not in the MDX app, for some stupid reason, and I can gripe about that for days because literally everyone anymore walks up to my window and shoves their app in my face) AND doesn't have the credit card they paid with, finding their order is significantly more difficult and they may or may not get a CM who even knows how to look any other way. This is extra-true if the guest has a very common name, because searching a big database by name is the main other way to go. MDX is pretty useless unless a guest has had RFID media assigned to their account in the past, because then "Visual IDs" from the old media can be used to look the tickets up one by one, but again - you may or may not get a CM who knows MDX that well.

So basically, bring everything relevant that you've got for the easiest possible experience at the ticket windows.

And, another thing...
Now that they claim you don 't need to go a ticket booth or guest relations to pick up pre-purchased "will call" tickets anymore,
but just "show up at the gate" and a CM will issue the guest a hard ticket as the guest enters through the touch-point.
I see PANDEMONIUM taking place...
if it takes so much effort and time to find someone in the computer.
It can easily stop a whole party (and a whole long entry line filled with guests) at the gate while the CM has to locate
the guests' info and issue a plastic card.
What am I missing, here?

And, another thing...
Now that they claim you don 't need to go a ticket booth or guest relations to pick up pre-purchased "will call" tickets anymore,
but just "show up at the gate" and a CM will issue the guest a hard ticket as the guest enters through the touch-point.
I see PANDEMONIUM taking place...
if it takes so much effort and time to find someone in the computer.
It can easily stop a whole party (and a whole long entry line filled with guests) at the gate while the CM has to locate
the guests' info and issue a plastic card.
What am I missing, here?

"Direct To Gate" applies in specific circumstances - the guest needs their confirmation email with a blue-background barcode (not a yellow background, those have to come to a ticket window) AND their photo ID that matches the name on the order AND the credit card used to place the order, or the touchpoint CM will bounce them back to the ticket window anyway for further verification. Nothing is optional in Direct To Gate. Touchpoints CMs have NO leeway and NO other way to look up orders besides that barcode email. They're operating off a handheld device with minimal functionality that only lets them proceed if certain conditions are met.

Touchpoints CMs hate Direct To Gate because it backs up their lines. Ticketing CMs hate it because we don't get the opportunity to do our job, which is to give guests useful advice regarding their tickets and their trip plans. Touchpoints CMs aren't trained in nearly as much ticket-related information as we are, and most of them don't want to be.

When buying a pass online do they mail you something to redeem your pass when you get there or is it something you print off first time buying online

When buying a pass online do they mail you something to redeem your pass when you get there or is it something you print off first time buying online

If you are asking about regular tickets:
You CAN order the tickets to be SENT to you, if you like.
Otherwise, you can pick up tickets when you get to WDW.

If you do not order the physical tickets, you don't need to print anything if you will have a smartphone with you to
show the information in your MDX. You should have a legal photo ID with you.
It can also help (but not required) if you have the credit card (that you used to buy the tickets) with you to show at WDW if you are picking up tickets, there.

If you are asking about ANNUAL PASSES:
You need to go to a ticket booth or Guest Relations and have the AP activated
before you go to a park gate.
You should have a legal photo ID with you.
All adult guests getting APs will need a legal photo ID.
It can also help (but not required) if you have the credit card (that you used to buy the APs) with you to show at WDW if you are picking up tickets, there.

So, I read through the Upgrades section and saw that you CANNOT combine two tickets to convert it to an annual pass. Has this always been the case?? I know that I have read that others have done it before, but it may have been a while back. I have a 2-day 1-park ticket and a 2-day Park Hopper ticket that I was hoping to combine to upgrade to an annual pass. Is this really not allowed??

So, I read through the Upgrades section and saw that
1. you CANNOT combine two tickets to convert it to an annual pass.
2. Has this always been the case?? I know that I have read that others have done it before, but it may have been a while back.
3. I have a 2-day 1-park ticket and a 2-day Park Hopper ticket that I was hoping to combine to upgrade to an annual pass. Is this really not allowed??
1. In general, yes.
2. Yes. ("Always" is not exactly precise, but in general, that has been the case.)
3. Correct. Not allowed.
So, upgrade one ticket now, and save the other for future use or upgrade.

Can someone please answer this....

My family bought APs last year (May 2017) and renewed this year. Except my youngest. He didn't need an AP last year, but will this year, but we haven't bought his AP yet. Last year we booked a free dining bounce back for Sept 2018 ( we weren't sure if we would be renewing our APs or not). It includes 2 day PH tix, which we no longer need. Except my youngest. Can I apply only his ticket to an AP, and save the remainder tix for May 2019 (when our APs expire)? Or can I apply the price of all the tix to one AP(this is preferred)? If I can, where would I do this? And how would I make sure the "extra" tix don't get used while we still have the APs valid. Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter