Disney won't talk to us about the cost of the ticket portion of the package. And our agent can't see a break down either. Is there anyway to figure this out?

The actual PRICE that YOU pay for a WDW resort package ticket does not affect the cost
of upgrading those tickets.

The equation used for upgrading WDW package tickets is shown in the "Cost to Upgrade" (post #6) at the top of this thread. (HERE.)

Last edited:
OK, I feel like I have thoroughly searched this thread and haven't found the answer to my specific question(s), so here we go...

1. We bought UT tickets for three of us going in late December (4 days, non-hopper). My Mom plans to go to WDW again in June, and so after looking at the prices (and factoring in the free parking with an AP since we stay off property), we decided upgrading to an Annual Pass was a good idea. After reading about price bridging and buying from an authorized third seller, I feel like I have a decent understanding of the process. But since I'm already here asking other questions, I'll just confirm - when we arrive in Orlando, we can either go to Disney Springs and upgrade the first night we're there (December 28), or go to Guest Services at a park on our first park day (December 29 - Epcot) and ask to upgrade to an annual pass, correct? (And they will deduct parking costs if we bring our parking receipt.)
2. It's my understanding that you get a Magic Band when you get an AP. I was thinking I might like to get her one as a birthday present (she will be celebrating her birthday there - January 2), but is it pointless for me to buy a slightly fancier MB? In other words, will her "free" MB that comes with the AP be useless? Or can she transfer it to me, for example?
3. Another MB question - I read that it links to your MDE, which she technically has an account for, but I do all of our trip planning (Fastpass booking, dining, etc). Would I still be able to manage her AP through my MDE, or will she have to learn to do that herself?

Thank you!

OK, I feel like I have thoroughly searched this thread and haven't found the answer to my specific question(s), so here we go...

1a. We bought UT tickets for three of us going in late December (4 days, non-hopper). My Mom plans to go to WDW again in June, and so after looking at the prices (and factoring in the free parking with an AP since we stay off property), we decided upgrading to an Annual Pass was a good idea. After reading about price bridging and buying from an authorized third seller, I feel like I have a decent understanding of the process. But since I'm already here asking other questions, I'll just confirm - when we arrive in Orlando, we can either go to Disney Springs and upgrade the first night we're there (December 28), or go to Guest Services at a park on our first park day (December 29 - Epcot) and ask to upgrade to an annual pass, correct?
1b. (And they will deduct parking costs if we bring our parking receipt.)
2a. It's my understanding that you get a Magic Band when you get an AP.
I was thinking I might like to get her one as a birthday present (she will be celebrating her birthday there - January 2),
2b. but is it pointless for me to buy a slightly fancier MB? In other words,
2c. will her "free" MB that comes with the AP be useless? Or can she transfer it to me, for example?
3a. Another MB question - I read that it links to your MDE, which she technically has an account for, but I do all of our trip planning (Fastpass booking, dining, etc).
3b. Would I still be able to manage her AP through my MDE, or will she have to learn to do that herself?

Thank you!
1a. Yes
1b. (Yes.)
2a. Yes. (BUT... NOT at the same time as you get the AP.)
It is a separate step you must do...
Either by going to the MK's Ticket Office
in Liberty Square and asking for a MB
-OR-
The AP MB will be mailed to you sometime after you RETURN HOME AFTER the trip
during which you activate the new AP.)
2b. Totally up to you. All MBs work the same way.
2c. She can use them both, interchangeably.
3a. Yup.
3b. AP or regular ticket... all works the same way. Whomever books FPs now, can continue.

Last edited:

We are thinking of one of us getting an annual pass to get the discounts. We are planning to stay a few days at the Swan and then move to off property. Will the annual give free parking at the Swan like it offers at the park?

We are thinking of one of us getting an annual pass to get the discounts. We are planning to stay a few days at the Swan and then move to off property.

Will the annual give free parking at the Swan like it offers at the park?

Sorry, but no.

Sorry I'm referencing this question: Can anyone verify that I am understanding this correctly? I renewed annual passes over the phone because it was prior to the online renewal window (to be able to book our fastpasses). This means I now received vouchers. Since this was on the phone and not online, I do have to activate the renewal pass at guest services now. Correct?!

Sorry I'm referencing this question: Can anyone verify that I am understanding this correctly? I renewed annual passes over the phone because it was prior to the online renewal window (to be able to book our fastpasses). This means I now received vouchers. Since this was on the phone and not online, I do have to activate the renewal pass at guest services now. Correct?!
I don't think the "difference" in this case was "phone vs web."
The difference (if there actually IS a difference) is the early renewal and/or that the CM may have "done something"
to allow the early renewal. I really don't know if you need to go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth before going to the first
park gate on your trip, but I recommend that you DO that, just to check if your ticket is "ready to go."
You may not need to "do anything" before going to the park gate, but it can't hurt to check.

The difference (if there actually IS a difference) is the early renewal and/or that the CM may have "done something"
to allow the early renewal. I really don't know if you need to go to a Guest Relations or ticket booth before going to the first
park gate on your trip, but I recommend that you DO that, just to check if your ticket is "ready to go."
You may not need to "do anything" before going to the park gate, but it can't hurt to check.
Great! Thanks, Robo!

I’ll add that whenever we’ve renewed APs (DVC Gold, so had to be renewed over the phone), we’ve always had to activate them before using them. I’ve believed it was to check our IDs and confirm DVC membership, so can’t say it’s the same for non-DVC. However, it’s also to pick up the RFID card that serves as ticket (if we don’t have our MB) and is required for AP discounts.

I’ll add that whenever we’ve renewed APs (DVC Gold, so had to be renewed over the phone), we’ve always had to activate them before using them. I’ve believed it was to check our IDs and confirm DVC membership, so can’t say it’s the same for non-DVC. However, it’s also to pick up the RFID card that serves as ticket (if we don’t have our MB) and is required for AP discounts.
Thanks, CarolynFH!

Read through the upgrade post and would like to confirm our upgrade options to an annual pass....we are scheduled to visit May 4th-May 10th 2019 with 7 Day Park Hopper+ tickets. We are thinking of upgrading to Disney Platinum Plus Passes. Reading though the post, I could upgrade our tickets on May 3rd to annual passes at a ticket booth (Disney Springs) and activate it on May 4th when we go to the parks to start the clock. Is that correct? I want to avoid the hassle of upgrading while in the park. Also, I assume the upgrade will have zero impact on already scheduled FastPasses. Lastly, how do you "activate" your pass? Is it linked automatically to your magicbands? Thank you for any info you can provide.
1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Yes.

Sorry for the follow up....I would love to upgrade to Annual passes before out trip. Is it possible to upgrade now and go directly to the gate to activate when we arrive in May? I would like to pay now and avoid time spent waiting in line at guest relations during our trip. Thank you for any additional info.

Sorry for the follow up....I would love to upgrade to Annual passes before out trip. Is it possible to upgrade now and go directly to the gate to activate when we arrive in May? I would like to pay now and avoid time spent waiting in line at guest relations during our trip. Thank you for any additional info.

In general, the answer has been no.
But, things in this regard can be in flux.
It can't hurt to call and "ask nicely."
Let us know what happens.

Did you create 3 fake accounts on MDE or did you create 3 fake names on your MDE account?

I have several old tickets purchased for different reasons(not any as a package though) and I have placed them under fake names in my MDE account and have been able to use them when needed.

Just fake names in my MDE account, same as you. That's why when one was there and I reassigned it to myself, I was just sure calling would resolve the other two that had ghosted, assuming it was due to my daughter's package ticket that were assigned to the fake names.

SURPRISE!

There are so many "odd" things about that entire ordeal that I have not attempted to speculate exactly what (multiple factors)
may have contributed to the major SNAFU for @DemonLlama.
CM errors and misunderstandings look to have caused much of the mess.
Sometimes just one or two "little things" can cause a snowball effect that can take herculean efforts to correct.

The very FIRST thing that stands out is that tickets purchased/booked prior to Feb. 12, 2017 and never used do not expire.
Anything after that looks too convoluted to try to unravel.

The most important thing is that it got resolved to the satisfaction of @DemonLlama.

AGREED!

Just thought I'd throw my experience out there in case anyone googles a similar bizarre answer from WDW and think they just have to accept they "misunderstood" what they were buying.

I have four 3 day child's PH WP&M tickets that expired in 2018. I'm taking my son in February over the school break to meet up with his cousins and I'm going to visit Disney Springs on arrival day to hopefully sort out the trade in for useable tickets. :crazy2:

Just to confirm, I have to pay the difference from the original value (whatever that was, I got them from UCT so have no idea) and the current cost on the days we are visiting? I would like to upgrade one to an adult ticket and use it myself if possible, I just want to get them used at this point. :faint:

No one else going has park hoppers, are we allowed to exchange for 4 day tickets if that is an equal or greater cost or they have to still be PH WP&M?

Has anyone dealt with exchanging expired tickets in Disney Springs, was it pretty straightforward? :scared:

I'll still have 2 left but I don't think I can do anything with them at this point, we won't be back again after this visit till February 2020. :confused3

I have four 3 day child's PH WP&M tickets that expired in 2018. I'm taking my son in February over the school break to meet up with his cousins and I'm going to visit Disney Springs on arrival day to hopefully sort out the trade in for useable tickets. :crazy2:

Just to confirm,
1. I have to pay the difference from the original value (whatever that was,
2. I got them from UCT so have no idea) and the current cost on the days we are visiting?
3. I would like to upgrade one to an adult ticket and use it myself if possible, I just want to get them used at this point.
4. No one else going has park hoppers, are we allowed to exchange for 4 day tickets if that is an equal or greater cost or they have to still be PH WP&M?
5. Has anyone dealt with exchanging expired tickets in Disney Springs, was it pretty straightforward? :scared:
6. I'll still have 2 left but I don't think I can do anything with them at this point, we won't be back again after this visit till February 2020.
1. Yes.
2. That info (the values to use in the "upgrade" transaction) is in post #6 (HERE) of the thread on which we are now posting.
3. That should work fine.
4. Yes.
5. Disney Springs Guest Relations ("Welcome Center") is a very busy location. Many types of transactions done daily.
6. Just hold on to them for future upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!