With the well-being of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend departures through Monday, August 31, 2020. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/travel-advisory/

The punches keep coming.. :headache:

(I think this is the right choice, but it is still sad)

Yes, I was scheduled for one in August....sad but not unexpected. Though, this time it’s a little different in that Disney has also cancelled the River Cruises (my cancelled adventure) while in checking the AMA website it appears they have not yet done the same.

ETA -I see on the AbD website that Disney says Disney and AMA have cancelled all River Cruises thru August

Last edited:
Umm. As of 9:54 EST tonight, the AMA Waterways website is still selling river cruises commencing as early as August 3, 2020...and their announcement still posted on their site suspends river cruises through July 31, 2020 only. I think this was a disney cancel, not an AMA waterways cancel.

I heard Ama is doing some river cruising in July with passengers from Germany only to test it out. We have a river cruise for September and hope it goes. If international travel is allowed for U.S. by then. Otherwise we can't get to Europe if they are not allowing us in.

I
Umm. As of 9:54 EST tonight, the AMA Waterways website is still selling river cruises commencing as early as August 3, 2020...and their announcement still posted on their site suspends river cruises through July 31, 2020 only. I think this was a disney cancel, not an AMA waterways cancel.

I think because Germany said they are not allowing guests from outside the EU through end of August. Doesn't mean others can't travel then. Just a guess on why Ama's site still shows through end of July.

I

I think because Germany said they are not allowing guests from outside the EU through end of August. Doesn't mean others can't travel then. Just a guess on why Ama's site still shows through end of July.
Thanks - this helps explain why AMA website still shows August sailings. But, I’m thinking they may be sailing empty ships to reposition the ships for their sailings due to the cancelled Disney sailings

Posted today on the AbD website- cancellations are now through mid-September —

With the well-being of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend departures through Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. At this time, the September 15 Paris Escape is excluded from these cancellations and will depart as scheduled.

Adventures by Disney and AmaWaterways River Cruise Update
In our continuing effort to ensure the well-being of our Guests and team members, Adventures by Disney along with AmaWaterways, our partner in river cruise sailings, have decided to suspend all Rhine, Rhône, Seine and Danube river cruise sailings and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris through September 14, 2020.

With the well-being of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend departures through Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. At this time, the September 15 Paris Escape is excluded from these cancellations and will depart as scheduled.

In our continuing effort to ensure the well-being of our Guests and team members, Adventures by Disney along with AmaWaterways, our partner in river cruise sailings, have decided to suspend all Rhine, Rhône, Seine and Danube river cruise sailings and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris through September 14, 2020.
In addition, those that have ABD trips scheduled for the last half of September are eligible to move their trip to a later date without penalty.

They've been able to do that since the initial August cancellation last week. I'm hoping October gets the same treatment before my PIF date.

The only thing I'm surprised by is how soon it came after the last annoucement... and that this time it is only two weeks. Might be a sign that they are hoping they're getting to the end..? Or maybe its just getting lumped in with DCL's cancelling through September 15th? Where is my magic 8 ball...
Or they had word that the EU would be blocking US travelers from entering.

I looked again this morning and AMA's website, updated last night, only suspends their river cruises through August 31, 2020....but maybe they didn't have any ABD trips Sept. 1-15.

I looked again this morning and AMA's website, updated last night, only suspends their river cruises through August 31, 2020....but maybe they didn't have any ABD trips Sept. 1-15.
Thanks - I’ve been checking their site every few days, haven’t seen them cancel into August yet,

Thanks - I’ve been checking their site every few days, haven’t seen them cancel into August yet,

From the AMA waterways website:

Updated: June 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM PST
AmaWaterways-Free-Air

APPLICABLE FOR UPCOMING SAILINGS THROUGH AUGUST 31, 2020
We are continuously monitoring the updates from global health authorities and local governments in the U.S. and around the world with regards to the ongoing situation. At this time, we have extended suspensions for river cruise sailings embarking through August 31, 2020. European regulations regarding sailings in August are currently under review and we will inform you as soon as possible should sailings after August 31, 2020 also be impacted.

I am losing faith that other countries will let US citizens visit this fall. I'm not sure I blame them at this point. Really thinking about packing up, retiring early and moving since all we've done the last 3 years is work, but neither Canada or Australia will take us. I'm still flying the Virginia state flag, at least for now.

Maybe the character Thanos in the Avenger's Endgame movie was right...why can't people be reasonable and do the right thing?

I am losing faith that other countries will let US citizens visit this fall. I'm not sure I blame them at this point. Really thinking about packing up, retiring early and moving since all we've done the last 3 years is work, but neither Canada or Australia will take us. I'm still flying the Virginia state flag, at least for now.

Maybe the character Thanos in the Avenger's Endgame movie was right...why can't people be reasonable and do the right thing?

My county in California and the county next to mine have had massive spikes, when we once had things fairly under control. The county next to mine is actually one of the CA hotspots for COVID-19. I'm super upset at all the fools right now. I think the US is facing another, more severe shutdown, honestly.

All that to say... yeah, I don't see US visitors being allowed anywhere internationally till next year, minimum. Heck, even states are closing boarders to visitors from other states. The morons are ruining it. I'm starting to doubt travel will even possible next summer, tbh.

Another hot spot is just a couple counties away from me. Makes me crazy to see people flaunting their "freedom" while colleagues of mine are scrambling to find ICU beds for patients.

NPR had an article on international travel this am. The reporter from Thailand said in his discussions with government officials it will be late fall to next year before Americans are allowed into the country, and probably the general region as well.

NPR had an article on international travel this am. The reporter from Thailand said in his discussions with government officials it will be late fall to next year before Americans are allowed into the country, and probably the general region as well.

I am REALLY hoping our October Italy Adult Exclusive is cancelled. I could never wear a mask the entire time I was in public in Europe. Breathing would be a mess, and the darn glasses fogging up. That's why I limit my venturing out in public right now. I DO wear a mask when I am interacting with others, but after 5 ABDs, I know some of the walking tour parts are LONG and intense. I just couldn't physically do it with a mask over my face. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!