ABD hasn't yet cancelled our mid September Rhone cruise....
Say Hello and DW and I were originally on the inaugural May 2020 Rhone cruise - you now are the inaugural cruise - and yours doesn't leave until 9/17/20 so it's not within the 9/1--15 cancellation by AMA. If it goes, I hope you will write a detailed trip report. We were really looking forward to that trip. In the meantime, stay safe.

ABD hasn't yet cancelled our mid September Rhone cruise....
Say Hello and DW and I were originally on the inaugural May 2020 Rhone cruise - you now are the inaugural cruise - and yours doesn't leave until 9/17/20 so it's not within the 9/1--15 cancellation by AMA. If it goes, I hope you will write a detailed trip report. We were really looking forward to that trip. In the meantime, stay safe.
Ditto! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Have to say my gut clenches every time an email arrives from "Disney Destinations" ..... each time I'm afraid its the cancellation.
I booked right after our Portugal self-driving trip was shut down in March...almost booked your May trip date but held out for September instead...REALLY hope it happens

Promise to do my very best in all reports back...

Best
Anita

If you are from USA you would be better of staying at Home.

There is great opposition to any USA people entering Europe at this time .

The next 2 weeks will be interesting to see how All Europe Views the Covid 19 situation in USA.

Is there something special happening in the next 2 weeks?

It will be decided to BAN all USA people entering Europe .

This Monday coming Irish people or other Europeans using Irish airports will NOT

be allowed to Travel to USA

So...all the adventures through the end of September have been canceled now. All except two that is: Southwest Splendors and Iceland. Wouldn't you know it, we are on the Southwest one. So we sit and wait longer.... :bored:

So...all the adventures through the end of September have been canceled now. All except two that is: Southwest Splendors and Iceland. Wouldn't you know it, we are on the Southwest one. So we sit and wait longer.... :bored:
Just responding to my own post - found out last week that my ABD has also been canceled. I opted for the refund rather than moving the $$ to a placeholder. Anybody know how long it will take for the refund to show up on my credit card?

Just responding to my own post - found out last week that my ABD has also been canceled. I opted for the refund rather than moving the $$ to a placeholder. Anybody know how long it will take for the refund to show up on my credit card?
Oh how I wish October Italy would be announced as cancelled!~ I hate the uncertainty. We will opt for refund also - I'm not sure I want to go to Europe until 2022...

Oh how I wish October Italy would be announced as cancelled!~ I hate the uncertainty. We will opt for refund also - I'm not sure I want to go to Europe until 2022...
I understand. We don't know when we will next do Europe either. It may not be an ABD trip when we do. We've now been to Europe enough that we are comfortable doing things on our own. We've been to Italy ~4-5 times now. Love it.

When I cancelled mine in June, while the rep said refunds were taking up to 30 days, I had mine in 5 days. They will refund each payment separately so I had three refunds.

When I cancelled mine in June, while the rep said refunds were taking up to 30 days, I had mine in 5 days. They will refund each payment separately so I had three refunds.
Good to know! :thanks:

Anyone else get the email today from ABD (I have an October trip booked) offering a credit for a future trip? That credit would be nonrefundable. I wish they would just go ahead and cancel so that we can actually get a refund. I have no confidence that we will be comfortable taking a trip next year, and don't want to be locked in. I don't like the way this is being handled, dragging things out when they know the won't be able to do an Egypt trip in early October.

Anyone else get the email today from ABD (I have an October trip booked) offering a credit for a future trip? That credit would be nonrefundable. I wish they would just go ahead and cancel so that we can actually get a refund. I have no confidence that we will be comfortable taking a trip next year, and don't want to be locked in. I don't like the way this is being handled, dragging things out when they know the won't be able to do an Egypt trip in early October.
We did as well. Then I went to check on status of things for our October 20 departure, with air booked through ABD. Flights are gone. Air France they will look to reschedule...and their schedule takes a 24 hour trip and turns it into a 48 hour trip, including a 17 hour layover in Atlanta we didn't have before. Not too happy with finding this out on my own, but still no air rescheduled!

The flights are the reason I didn't go ahead and ask for a placeholder before PIF. Luckily, we booked through ABD also. I spoke with them a few weeks ago, and we also had a big change on the return flight, which would not have been acceptable to me if I had booked on my own. The agent advised that they hadn't accepted the changes (possibly why they didn't notify me, I just saw it when I checked the airline's web site). She said by them not accepting it would make it easier for them to get flights refunded in the event that was necessary (I assume in the event ABD cancels the trip).

i got this future credit email from them a few days before they cancelled my Adventure. So hang in there...

i got this future credit email from them a few days before they cancelled my Adventure. So hang in there...
Oh I hope so!!! I want a full refund, not a placeholder. I can not tour Italy with a mask on - I really need to wait until we have a vaccine. I don't want to travel to Europe next year either. I want to wait at LEAST until 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter