Out of curiosity, are these emails encouraging you to cancel October trips and reschedule with a credit?

I can't really say they are encouraging it, they are offering it as an option. I think if they wanted to encourage it they would offer an incentive, such as an additional credit based on the amount of money you paid for the trip. The email is matter-of-fact, and they do not mention that you could get a full refund when/if they cancel the trip.

Out of curiosity, are these emails encouraging you to cancel October trips and reschedule with a credit?
Here is the email ABD sent out this morning - note there is no mention of a refund. So I do believe they are wanting folks to commit to a future trip. I will wait for this to be cancelled and get a full refund.

07/28/2020

Dear XXX,

All of us at Adventures by Disney hope you are staying well. While COVID-19 continues to impact all our lives, we are inspired daily by the stories of care, compassion and resilience around the globe.

Our records indicate you are booked on an Adventures by Disney vacation scheduled to depart during October 2020. Adventures by Disney is closely monitoring global developments and following the advice of public health authorities and medical experts. We are also closely tracking guidance from the destinations we visit.

With this in mind, we are offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. Guests currently booked on Adventures through October 31, 2020, can change their reservation and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure. Guests may select an alternate Adventure or place their booking on a future hold date by contacting their travel agent. Guests will have until March 31, 2021 to select a new travel date. This future travel credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

We ask that guests traveling through October 31, 2020, contact their travel agent at least 45 days prior to their Adventure start date to request a change.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on an Adventure of a lifetime as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Guides
Adventures by Disney

Here is the email ABD sent out this morning - note there is no mention of a refund. So I do believe they are wanting folks to commit to a future trip. I will wait for this to be cancelled and get a full refund.

07/28/2020

Dear XXX,

All of us at Adventures by Disney hope you are staying well. While COVID-19 continues to impact all our lives, we are inspired daily by the stories of care, compassion and resilience around the globe.

Our records indicate you are booked on an Adventures by Disney vacation scheduled to depart during October 2020. Adventures by Disney is closely monitoring global developments and following the advice of public health authorities and medical experts. We are also closely tracking guidance from the destinations we visit.

With this in mind, we are offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. Guests currently booked on Adventures through October 31, 2020, can change their reservation and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure. Guests may select an alternate Adventure or place their booking on a future hold date by contacting their travel agent. Guests will have until March 31, 2021 to select a new travel date. This future travel credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

We ask that guests traveling through October 31, 2020, contact their travel agent at least 45 days prior to their Adventure start date to request a change.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on an Adventure of a lifetime as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Guides
Adventures by Disney

i appreciate the info!

Knew this would happen when I moved my October trip to a placeholder 8 days ago. I just really didn't want to gamble on them cancelling.

Why don't they just cancel the October trips and give everyone booked a full refund? Honestly this seems kind of lame.

It is lame. They want to keep your money. The least they could is give you the full credit and offer you the opportunity to book a future trip at the early booking rate instead of the prevailing (higher) rate.

I agree! This hasn't been handled well at all. Very disappointing. They basically asked me to pay in full several weeks ago for a trip to Egypt in early October that they no isn't going to happen. My money will be tied up for several months, and I had to do it in order to qualify for a full refund, which I definitely need!

I played the pay in full to get a refund wait game 3 times. I am glad I don't have anymore upcoming trips this year. Going to try next year, but only booked a future trip due to fully refundable deposit. Because with that, I don't have to play the pay in full to get a refund game!

I believe ABD hasn't canceled the October and beyond trips is that simply they hope they can still run them.

I agree! This hasn't been handled well at all. Very disappointing. They basically asked me to pay in full several weeks ago for a trip to Egypt in early October that they no isn't going to happen. My money will be tied up for several months, and I had to do it in order to qualify for a full refund, which I definitely need!
Same for us -October Italy had to be paid in full in July. I just want it cancelled and get our money back!

I guess I was "lucky". My Paid in Full date was in January, so there was no question about paying in full, since the corona virus was mostly just a thing in China at that point, and nobody had a clue it would turn into what it did. So I just had to worry about the whole cancellation/refund thing, which was bad enough. I have no idea what I would have done if I'd've had to make a decision about paying in full in order to qualify for a refund like so many of you are having to do. o_O

Sayhello

Last edited:
I guess I was "lucky". My Paid in Full date was in January, so there was no question about paying in full, since the corona virus was mostly just a thing in China at that point, and nobody had a clue it would turn into what it did. So I just had to worry about the whole cancellation/refund thing, which was bad enough. I have no idea what I would have done if I'd've had to make a decision about paying in full in order to qualify for a refund like so many of you hare having to do. o_O

Sayhello
Believe me - it was very difficult to make that final payment, knowing I don't want to go now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter