All day dining/and first trip tips

LaDonna

DIS Veteran
So this will be our first trip to sea world :) was so happy to find out about the free tickets for veterans :)

we were trying to figure out if we wantEd to buy the all day dining for all of us(2 adults 12 yr old and 5 and 2) or I was thinking perhaps I might just do it for the kids(They can share with their two-year-old sister) They would love to get a drink every hour not to mention food plus the kids plan is a lot cheaper at $20(I realize my 12-year-old would have to have the adult plan I assume they would not allow him to buy the kids plan??)

my question is I didn’t read it incorrectly did I they are allowed also a meal a side/dessert and a drink every hour?? I had seen some saying if you got the drink you had to wait an hour for the meal I just want to make sure maybe those were old posts I was looking at and this is not true anymore? I also saw a couple of places were closed now I’m guessing Covid issues would this make it more of a problem finding food when I needed it? I looked at a couple of menus and I noticed like mamas pretzel kitchen didn’t have a kids meal on there, Will they allow them to get anything or do they have to go to another location?

any other tips or tricks for newbies?
thanks everyone :)

You can get approved drinks as often as you want for the approved locations. I can only speak of the adult plan, you do get a side with your meal that can be savory or sweet.

Yes, it's once per hour for an entree, side or dessert and drink. Fries with whatever are not considered a side, but part of the entree, so you could max it out by getting a BBQ sampler platter, drink and a slice of cake every hour, which is about $30, every hour.

An all-day-dining plan for one person can be a ton of food. They say no sharing, but...

Yes, it's once per hour for an entree, side or dessert and drink. Fries with whatever are not considered a side, but part of the entree, so you could max it out by getting a BBQ sampler platter, drink and a slice of cake every hour, which is about $30, every hour.

An all-day-dining plan for one person can be a ton of food. They say no sharing, but...
Yeah we decided that we will get it..... Found out my husband gets a veteran discount on that also..... Not counting the food it would almost just be worth it for the convenience of not having to bring in our own drinks and stay hydrated

Another thing that works (right now), is that hour-limits for items are individualized. Meaning you can get a full meal, then an hour later get just a soda (or ICEE), then 1/2 hour after that get a meal minus a soda, then 1 hour after that get a full meal again.

Another thing that works (right now), is that hour-limits for items are individualized. Meaning you can get a full meal, then an hour later get just a soda (or ICEE), then 1/2 hour after that get a meal minus a soda, then 1 hour after that get a full meal again.
I’m a little confused lol
so if you get the meal snack and soda then you can’t get an icy till an hour later because you got the drink with your meal? But then if I get the icy an hour later 30 minutes later I can go back and get another meal just without a drink

Yes, basically think of it this way. You really have three timers on your band, one for entree, one for side/dessert, one for drink. If you use your drink alone to grab a soda, that starts the 60 minute soda countdown, while your entree and side/dessert remain locked and loaded.

It's complicated, and may change tomorrow, but that's how it's been working for a while now. It's nice because honestly, we only eat every 2-3 hours, but are able to sneak in a soda and a fruit cup (or cheesecake! :banana:) once or twice in between.

OK from what I thought I had been hearing you could just get bottles of water and drink really whenever you wanted(or once an hour) was mostly the food they were timing but I guess either it’s changed or I just read things I was reading wrong
Because people were getting the entrée side and drink and then in less than an hour later they would go grab something else to drink
but maybe they were just getting a cup of water with their meal

are the drinks and slushy‘s easy to get like a kiosk or something or do you have to go wait in a big long line with other people getting their meals?

Also if you don’t mind me asking because we’re gonna have 4 plans is there a better place to grab things that are maybe already prepackaged that way we could throw things we might not be hungry for in our backpack and bring them back with us to the resort

are the drinks and slushy‘s easy to get like a kiosk or something or do you have to go wait in a big long line with other people getting their meals?
I can only speak to last year,but kiosks are not on the all day dine locations list. You could bypass the food order line and go through the restaurants right to the fountain drinks but would have to wait to "pay" with your wristband being scanned. Some locations were better than others for just a drink.

Are we able to get Icees at Aquatica using All Day Dine? Or is the Icee Place not part of it?

Did San Diego stop offering the all day dining pass? I see it listed for Orlando but it's gone for San Diego. Maybe they stop offering during the Christmas season.

Keep in mind that lines for food and drinks can get very long. Special items like ice tea and icees are only offered in a few areas around the park. I’d call the parks for specific details so you are not disappointed.

All day dining is for restaurants only and no take out is permitted.

California’s limits on indoor dining due to COVID have put an end to all day dining there for now. They now have a food and drink add on, which includes take out options.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!