CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Volcano Bay Cabana Bay Entrance Question:

We'll be staying at Cabana Bay this October and in some of the information I've read, if you want to use the Cabana Bay entrance to Volcano Bay, each person must have a room key. I am planning a trip where some local friends will be meeting us at the room and we'll be walking over to Volcano Bay together. Since our friends won't have a room key, will we need to take a longer way to get there (ie. walk to another resort and take their Volcano Bay bus, our friends parking in the main parking and meeting us there, etc.) or does anyone know if they'll make exceptions at that Cabana Bay entrance?

TIA! :-)

They were pretty adamant about everyone having a room key when we went, even though by the end of the week we almost knew all the security there by name, lol.

Is there anyone out there who's done a review of staying in the CB 2 bedroom suites? I know they just opened up end of May, and I've seen a youtube video tour, but is there anyone who can comment on how their stay in one of those rooms was? I'm looking at them for next June 2018 and we're close to narrowing down our dates, so pretty sure I'll book one.

Is that entrance to volcano bay a direct entrance or does it just put you with everybody else trying to enter in the front of the park?

Is that entrance to volcano bay a direct entrance or does it just put you with everybody else trying to enter in the front of the park?
From what I understand, it's a direct entrance, but I haven't been yet and YouTube videos of Volcano Bay usually just skim over it. Maybe someone who's used it can let us know.

I did find out in a Universal Facebook group that as of right now, they are only checking for one room key per group to use the Cabana Bay entrance, even for early entry. That could change of course, but I have some local Orlando friends meeting me there so I was happy to hear that they can meet at the room and we can all use the CBBR entrance.

So if we had a Tower Family Suite Poolside we would be on the side of the resort closest to Volcano Bay? And the room window would be facing the pool?

Correct?

From what I understand, it's a direct entrance, but I haven't been yet and YouTube videos of Volcano Bay usually just skim over it. Maybe someone who's used it can let us know.

I did find out in a Universal Facebook group that as of right now, they are only checking for one room key per group to use the Cabana Bay entrance, even for early entry. That could change of course, but I have some local Orlando friends meeting me there so I was happy to hear that they can meet at the room and we can all use the CBBR entrance.

It puts you into the general entrance area right before you get to the large entrance building. It does not have a direct entrance itself. It does have a direct security checkpoint entrance. If you go during a busier time, you will be in line with everyone else after you finish the security checkpoint and walk the path to the main entrance.

So if we had a Tower Family Suite Poolside we would be on the side of the resort closest to Volcano Bay? And the room window would be facing the pool?

Correct?

Correct! And some Tower view suites have pretty decent views of Volcano Bay too as a bonus. :hippie:

Is parking still available outside of Americana building? It was very convenient to have the car nearby when we stayed there in the past, just wondering if that is an option now that Volcano Bay is open.

Where do we get the schedule for the movies? Is there a place to see it prior to arrival (next month), or do we have to wait until we get there?

I was just wondering what you all do with your personal items when you're at the pool. I would bring my sunglasses, book or tablet, phone, and room key - maybe a credit card or some cash. Is there any place to keep your items safe when you go into the pool or lazy river, like a locker or something like that?

I was just wondering what you all do with your personal items when you're at the pool. I would bring my sunglasses, book or tablet, phone, and room key - maybe a credit card or some cash. Is there any place to keep your items safe when you go into the pool or lazy river, like a locker or something like that?

I don't recall seeing any lockers. I just took my room key (that has charging privileges) and tucked it into the pocket of my coverup, which I left on a chair with my sandals. I would feel fine leaving a book (but not a tablet or phone) I guess.

Hi can anyone confirm that all the family suites pool side in a tower are in the continental building?:thanks:

Is parking still available outside of Americana building? It was very convenient to have the car nearby when we stayed there in the past, just wondering if that is an option now that Volcano Bay is open.

Yes, still available. In fact, they added a level to the garage out there. We found the parking situation to be quite good. Especially compared with other Univeral or Disney resorts.

I don't recall seeing any lockers. I just took my room key (that has charging privileges) and tucked it into the pocket of my coverup, which I left on a chair with my sandals. I would feel fine leaving a book (but not a tablet or phone) I guess.

We just left our towels and shoes in a chair most times. I also had a waterproof pouch to keep the credit cards and room keys in. Kept that on me.

Where do we get the schedule for the movies? Is there a place to see it prior to arrival (next month), or do we have to wait until we get there?
I don't recall seeing it anywhere ahead of time. It was on a board in the lobby every day that said what that nights movie would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter