CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Does the resort provide complimentary flight check-in and boarding pass printouts?
I think all the hotels will provide that service
I have used it at rpr many times
I go to the concierge desk in the lobby and they help all guests

Thought at one time there was a station in the lobby where a person could make their check in and print their boarding pass

It was an older thread where I read that so have no facts it is still valid

You could contact the hotel direct for info on that service

I’m the type that wants to know the info before I go and not wait until I am at the hotel to find out

I asked today and was told that the front desk has an "office" just behind the check-in area they can take you and let you print out your boarding passes.

Tommy - thank you so much for this info and the map. We are just staying in one of the standard ie cheapest rooms but it says on our confirmation “partial pool view”. I don’t think we can expect much in terms of location but I might try asking to be as near to the centre as possible! Worth a try

Hmmmm, I haven't heard of "partial pool view" before. Perhaps it is in the new towers that were built last year at the very end near Volcano Bay....... in which case you'd be at the very very end of the Americana or Continental building.

Hmmmm, I haven't heard of "partial pool view" before. Perhaps it is in the new towers that were built last year at the very end near Volcano Bay....... in which case you'd be at the very very end of the Americana or Continental building.

We were there at the beginning of January. We had a "Volcano view" room and we also had what's probably considered a partial pool view in the Americana building. We could see the lazy river. It was a great view, but we were "far" from the lobby/restaurants/bus area. Not as far as the towers, though. It was probably a good 5-7 minute walk, but not terrible. We were happy where we were, but beware. Those long buildings all look the same on the inside, so it's super easy to get lost and not really know which section you're in. More than once my kids were waiting at a door that wasn't ours because the elevator lobbies and hallways all look the same. Ha!

We were there at the beginning of January. We had a "Volcano view" room and we also had what's probably considered a partial pool view in the Americana building. We could see the lazy river. It was a great view, but we were "far" from the lobby/restaurants/bus area. Not as far as the towers, though. It was probably a good 5-7 minute walk, but not terrible. We were happy where we were, but beware. Those long buildings all look the same on the inside, so it's super easy to get lost and not really know which section you're in. More than once my kids were waiting at a door that wasn't ours because the elevator lobbies and hallways all look the same. Ha!
I’ve got a feeling that we will be one of the rooms furthest away from the lobby as we are staying for nearly a fortnight and booked through booking.com so relatively cheap price. I will cheekily ask for a room nearer the lobby though, nothing to lose!

We just returned a week ago and had a standard room with a view of the front parking lot. We were in the Americana building room 5621. The main elevators off the diner and bus stop went up right by our room. It was a great location.

So I just booked Tower Family room for our April, I thought Tower location is closer to the lobby.....but I may be wrong.
Which location is closer to the lobby and restaurant?

So I just booked Tower Family room for our April, I thought Tower location is closer to the lobby.....but I may be wrong.
Which location is closer to the lobby and restaurant?
Towers are at the far end of the building, and are not near the main lobby area. It's less than a 10 minute walk, though.

Towers are at the far end of the building, and are not near the main lobby area. It's less than a 10 minute walk, though.

Oh that's what I was afraid of..............well will have to see if we need to change to Courtyard or not.
Thank you!

We're looking at the family suites, the view doesn't matter to me much as we'd prefer an inside door so I'm thinking tower? If I'm looking at the map which section are the towers? (Continental, Americana etc). How far away from the pools are they? My only concern with an outside door would be the noise level. Maybe I need to change my thinking.

Also, how much time does it take to "pool hop" between the 2 pools? My crew is old enough I'm ok reading on a lounge chair while they swim but I'm not ok if they want to switch pools without me.

Finally, this will be part of a split stay between RPR and CB. My DH thinks doing it this way is "stupid". I think we get to stay at a cheaper hotel for a more reasonable cost AND mama gets to hang out in the lazy river with an adult beverage. Beyond cost, why do you split your stay? a desire to see different hotels? to get the EP for a time? just curious. I fully intend to either tune him out while floating down the lazy river or tell him to go to the parks with the kids and I'll make the move while they ride.

Hi I love split stays and we did it last time with HRH and CBBR. Well we like the deluxe hotels mainly for the express pass as well as they all have nice grounds. I like to try different resorts so I find split stays a way to do both.I really enjoy CBBR theme and their pool area, especially the lazy river:D. The bonus is that CBBR is much cheaper then the deluxe ones.

Honestly, the move is easy. When we stayed at HRH then moved to CBBR they moved my luggage for me. We dropped it off in the morning, went to the parks for the day. We took the bus to CBBR at night and our luggage was waiting for us.

I am lucky DH and the teens like split stays so it works:-)

Enjoy that drink!

that's nice! Did you just ask and they did it? Do I need to leave a tip for anyone?

Hi I just went to bell services and asked them to move my luggage to CBBR that I was switching resorts. I tipped the bell service at HRH and then at CBBR. It was really easy!

We're looking at the family suites, the view doesn't matter to me much as we'd prefer an inside door so I'm thinking tower? If I'm looking at the map which section are the towers? (Continental, Americana etc). How far away from the pools are they? My only concern with an outside door would be the noise level. Maybe I need to change my thinking.

Also, how much time does it take to "pool hop" between the 2 pools? My crew is old enough I'm ok reading on a lounge chair while they swim but I'm not ok if they want to switch pools without me.

Finally, this will be part of a split stay between RPR and CB. My DH thinks doing it this way is "stupid". I think we get to stay at a cheaper hotel for a more reasonable cost AND mama gets to hang out in the lazy river with an adult beverage. Beyond cost, why do you split your stay? a desire to see different hotels? to get the EP for a time? just curious. I fully intend to either tune him out while floating down the lazy river or tell him to go to the parks with the kids and I'll make the move while they ride.
First, it will only take a few minutes to walk from one pool to the other pool. And while the resort itself is fairly large and spread out, no matter where you are, you are less than a 5 minute walk to anywhere within the resort.

There are many reasons some may split stays between multiple hotels. One prominent reason might be cost. Someone may want to stay at RPR or HRH or PBR, but for one or more nights it is sold out or too expensive, but they still want to stay there when they can. So they split the stay. Usually getting EPs is part of the reasoning though another might be for a change of scenery as each hotel offers something a little different.

For me, I don't usually switch hotels. I try to plan out my trips far in advance to get the best rates at usually RPR (it tends to have lower rates than HRH or PBR). This last trip, we planned for a low crowd period (1st week of Feb.) and wanted to try out CBR. As even during slower times I still highly value EPs, I decided to use some airline miles to reserve a few nights at one of the Deluxe hotels to get me that EP for some of the nights. I hadn't planned on actually moving to the Deluxe hotel, but my daughter wanted to give it a try. So we took it as an adventure. :)

Another reason I am splitting my stay is the easy walk from CBBR to Volcano Bay. Plus I really like Cabana Bay. So I am here for 3 nights and moving over to RPR for 2 nights for the express pass.

Another reason I am splitting my stay is the easy walk from CBBR to Volcano Bay. Plus I really like Cabana Bay. So I am here for 3 nights and moving over to RPR for 2 nights for the express pass.
I just wanted to let you know that if you move from CBBR to RPR or anywhere else, the hotel will not move your bags. It is only from a deluxe to another hotel. At least that is what I was told Oct 2017. In fact, CBBR said they don't provide luggage help but they helped me with my bags coming in and leaving anyway.

I just wanted to let you know that if you move from CBBR to RPR or anywhere else, the hotel will not move your bags. It is only from a deluxe to another hotel. At least that is what I was told Oct 2017. In fact, CBBR said they don't provide luggage help but they helped me with my bags coming in and leaving anyway.

Thanks, but I have a rental car so I'm good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!