CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Have a great time check back and let us know how things are if you get a chance!!!
I should have said reactivated. I know we'll have to pay something, i just don't want all those cups lol. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks 😀
The only problem with the pool mugs is they have a new lid that better accommodates paper straws which are wider. You can still use the older mugs but you have to squeeze the straws to get them in. Can I recommend bringing your own stainless steel straws anyway. The paper ones for the lack of a better word suck.

Have a great time check back and let us know how things are if you get a chance!!!

Thanks, I definitely will!

The only problem with the pool mugs is they have a new lid that better accommodates paper straws which are wider. You can still use the older mugs but you have to squeeze the straws to get them in. Can I recommend bringing your own stainless steel straws anyway. The paper ones for the lack of a better word suck.

Thanks for the reminder about stainless straws! I have a collapsible one in my Amazon cart to buy for the trip. I hate the paper straws, but understand why they have them. We still have the plastic straw that came with our pool mugs, so that's a plus.

I'm curious to see how they're going to work the soda/coffee areas.

I'm so excited and can't wait. We're looking forward to a more relaxing time the limited hours will make us have. We had already planned on only doing 4 park days, but they were full days with pool days in between...but this will be a whole other adventure. Cabana Bay is our Universal home away from home.

Perfect word for those paper straws!
I hate shredded paper in my soda.....which usually happens unless I bring plastic straws from home.

I hate shredded paper in my soda.....which usually happens unless I bring plastic straws from home.

I usually drink right from my cup.......

My wife always washes our lids and the cup, we don’t usually get them at Universal, but usually always get them at Disney, I believe they are included with the dining plan.

Universal we are typically club level so grab drinks and stuff from the lounge whenever we need them, as long as it’s open.

Yep......I always now bring a pack of plastic straws to use everywhere that has the paper ones....which is almost every bar and restaurant now anyway.

I used up 4 paper straws with one frozen drink once......nah, no more paper straws for me.

Won`t use the metal ones either....yuk.......

will anyone be staying there in june before the 18th? my family arrives on the 18th. so im wondering if the food court stations will be open to serve food like usual? like the typical usual each station having the type of food on the menu for that station that u choose to order or will they only have some sort of pre packeged foods with hardly any choices?

will anyone be staying there in june before the 18th? my family arrives on the 18th. so im wondering if the food court stations will be open to serve food like usual? like the typical usual each station having the type of food on the menu for that station that u choose to order or will they only have some sort of pre packeged foods with hardly any choices?
That as a great question and hope those that stay at the onsite hotels can share info about it

Hotels open June 2 so some basic info will start to be shared by others.

If you check the sticky thread. “When are you going” some peeps always list their dates and share info to help others .
Maybe pm them for info about the food and hotel menu

If no one answers your questions, call the hotel and staff will be able to help find the answer for you.

Has anyone stayed here in the last week? I was just wondering how things were looking/running/available, you know all the usual questions people are asking :)

We have a family suite exterior entry booked for July 2-6 and just watches a vlog that they were staying at CBBR and that side of the resort wasn’t open along with that pool. I went and checked and noticed that those rooms are no longer bookable for our dates (and out longer) so wondering what they are going to do with our reservation.

That is kind of what I was thinking. It is just kind of funny that I did just book this trip just over a week ago and that was an option and once parks opened it is no longer an option. Just can’t wait to get there! It has been a long few months!

I presume they will move you to an interior family suite. Either the American or Continental building. I will be there beginning July 8th.
Well that sucks. I intentionally booked an exterior corridor so that we could open the door to get fresh air.

I just checked this for my August dates and it's the same - no exterior room available. I hope that may change soon; we like have the bedroom away from the window so its darker for longer kid sleep.

Any idea when the big pool with the slide will be opened back up? Also, is the bowling alley open? Thanks!

Adding to the previous post - bowling is open and groups are assigned every other lane for social distancing (no sharing an adjacent lane or ball return with another group). That means a maximum of five groups bowling at any time.

My understanding is that Buildings 1-3 (along with the slide pool area) remained closed at initial reopening. I would expect the pool on that side to open when the rest of the buildings do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!