Dockside Inn and Suites Thread..... FAQ and more.....

So just had a stay at Dockside for a few nights and then switched to Aventura.

Honestly I wish I had stayed at Dockside the entire time - its around 30-40 cheaper every day.
The rooms are very clean and the showers are much nicer than the tub showers in Aventura.

I was a solo traveler so I am sure that makes a difference - more than two people in a standard room might be pushing it.

The food court is OK - the pizza is a premade shell heated in one of the conveyer belt machines. Most of the food is like that so nothing great - but not bad.

Bar looked good.

I like that they still give you individual soap\shampoo etc and not just the large mounted bottles - those are a bit iffy in my experience - I refuse to use them.

I thought the big disadvantage would be not being able to walk to citywalk - but the buses at dockside were amazing.
There was always a bus waiting at the hotel and the hub - they seemed to go constantly.
Many times I was waiting on a bus for Aventura, but there was a bus for dockside waiting and as soon as it left the next one was there. They are really making sure those buses are not an issue - also it no longer shares with surfside. Surfside looked to be less consistent - probably more like Aventura - which not bad can be tiresome after a long day.

Bottom line - I stay at a lot of hotels that are a lot more expensive and are not as good as Dockside - I was expecting the worst and was very pleasantly surprised.
I didn't have a tub in Aventura. I am a big fan of pool hopping so will stick with Aventura/CBBR. I have a 6 night stay booked in Sept at Aventura and ES is the same price as Aventura and CBBR for now (actually Surfside is more expensive as they only have poolside rooms for Sept 26-Oct 1!)

I didn't have a tub in Aventura. I am a big fan of pool hopping so will stick with Aventura/CBBR. I have a 6 night stay booked in Sept at Aventura and ES is the same price as Aventura and CBBR for now (actually Surfside is more expensive as they only have poolside rooms for Sept 26-Oct 1!)
I did have a tub at Aventura last weekend, room 954. I too have Aventura booked for September (it’s my vacation home lol) My dates are earlier, but could change. See you in the Fog.

Yeah - not all rooms have tubs, for example I had a deluxe at Aventura and it had a shower. I'll request a room without a tub in future.

I always check to see the price difference between the two, as I do like to be able to walk from Aventura and use SF pool and Restaurants. I liked Aventura for the Pizza and Strongwater, but both have disappointed recently.

Id probably book whichever is cheaper - but at the same price it would be a tough choice. Those buses at Dockside are really efficient. Also you have the option of walking around that area for restaurants and the convenient store, not so much from Aventura.

Booked my first stay at Dockside, and looking forward. It's the only Universal resort we've not stayed. so woohoo! Will feel complete.
We only have 1 night, before we switch to Portofino for 1 night, but I was wondering about the buses.
I think I've asked this in the past, but can't find it. I know the bus goes to Surfside first, but has anyone had any issues at Dockside either not getting on a bus , like it shows up almost full, or having to wait extended periods for a bus? I saw previous posts, @tony67 about the bus efficiency. We had great service at Surfside.
One of the reasons we love staying at Kidani at Animal Kingdom lodge (besides the extra bathroom,) is the fact it's the first pickup over Jambo, so bus isn't full at pickup. So just wondering how it works with the shared buses for these 2. Thanks!

I have stayed at Surfside once 2023 & Dockside once 2024. They did not share buses at all. It might be timing and/or seasonally dependent? But we were at Surfside low crowd days & Dockside on a busy day, and rode various times EE, mid-day, park close, and never shared.

Booked my first stay at Dockside, and looking forward. It's the only Universal resort we've not stayed. so woohoo! Will feel complete.
We only have 1 night, before we switch to Portofino for 1 night, but I was wondering about the buses.
I think I've asked this in the past, but can't find it. I know the bus goes to Surfside first, but has anyone had any issues at Dockside either not getting on a bus , like it shows up almost full, or having to wait extended periods for a bus? I saw previous posts, @tony67 about the bus efficiency. We had great service at Surfside.
One of the reasons we love staying at Kidani at Animal Kingdom lodge (besides the extra bathroom,) is the fact it's the first pickup over Jambo, so bus isn't full at pickup. So just wondering how it works with the shared buses for these 2. Thanks!
I did 10 nights during HHN and Dockside has its own bus.

I think when everything first opened back up they shared buses.

It's also possible as the PP stated that its seasonal.

Just completed two stays at Dockside, one with a pool view room - I think its worth the extra money - it is a very nice view. This was during the OI event and the hotel was not particularly busy IMO.

The second stay was the following weekend - and it was very busy - lots of high school dance groups etc...
I had booked the standard room, but got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. They are nice rooms, plenty of space.

That said it was way out as far as can be from the lobby. So room 95 in building one on any floor for example - its way out there. Also the elevators are very busy - so once you get back to your room you really don't want to walk all the way back. Even the walk to the elevator is pretty far.

The buses were great, even with the swarms of people that were all leaving at after the parade\park close
Pretty much non stop one after the other.

There was talk earlier in the thread of the food - it all looked pretty good. I only had the pizza. You would be better off getting it at Red Oven in Citywalk - the price is the same, but for the hotel pizza it was decent.
PXL_20240306_010008717.jpg

As for breakfast - I tried the flatbread one day - its not bad and there are very few breakfast options in Universal - they really need to fix that. The big issue is the food court does not open till 7AM and if you are heading over to early entry that is going to be tough. Also - they have a couple already made up - they have been sitting for a while - so I would want to wait till after those sold before ordering one. Same for the pizzas they are already there in the box ready to go. I think you are sort of stuck with that as they make quite a few and have them ready.

PXL_20240304_121100241.jpg

Overall Dockside is a great value IMO. I still did not get a chance to try the bar, but it was pretty busy with all those chaperones...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter