All Packed ready to go but......weather reports have us (at least me) pretty down....

apulk

Mouseketeer
I know, spoiled :) -- they've been needing the rain for a long time but this weather for our trip (Sat 5/19 - Sat 5/26) looks horrible. These are the worst forecasts for any WDW trip ever for us. Very used to the typical afternoon passing thunderstorm but this looks like all gray, all rain, all the time. I know we'll save on sunscreen but this is depressing :grouphug:

Ponchos are bought and shoes for the rain are packed.....we're going to follow the plan as usual but really was looking forward to a nap at the pool in the sun every day :-)

We just got back from a 5 night trip. It rained every day, a couple of times tropical downpours. We had our umbrellas and I had a
poncho. We had wet feet now and then. Through it all we had a great time. It did not rain all the time. There were alot of dry periods and even some sun. We did everything we wanted and the rain cleared in time for our fireworks dessert party. It sounds like you are prepared. Have a great time.

We were there 5/12 - 5/17 and the forecast was rain all day every day. Normally I don’t let rain forecasts bother me but this didn’t sound like it would be your typical afternoon summer rain. It did rain quite a few times but it was not the all day every day rain forecasted.

We had nice amounts of park time without rain - not nearly as bad as I expected and the sun was even out from time to time!

It was more rain than we are used to but it was better than the doom and gloom we expected.

We had a great trip even with the rain. Hope you do too!

We’re here right now and have been since Sunday. Yes it’s raining off and on and cooler temps than we’re used to this time of year, but it is doable and we are making the best of it. Tonight was our Plaza HEA dessert party and it rained really, really hard right after the show started, so hard that you could not see the projections on the castle, but we sang anyway and had a laugh about it.
Even though rain was forecasted every day, the forecast changed dramatically and quickly each day and we did have some nice weather. Today was sunny and a high of 85 up until 4 pm.
All you can do is pack your ponchos and umbrellas and make the best of it. Even the tram drivers were making jokes welcoming us to the Animal Kingdom water park. Keep your sense of humor and some patience and you will be fine!
My highlight from the week so far is that I got to ride FOP for the first time and it was AMAZING!!

Weather for the week was not great -- actually probably the most rain we have ever had on any vacation -- but my wife and I have been married for almost 31 years so only having maybe 2 bad weather vacation weeks is NOT bad at all. Saturday, Sunday and Monday last week I don't think we ever saw the sun and had mixes of heaving and light rain all day. Tuesday better -- Wednesday was our Blizzard beach day which was absolutely a perfect day!!! Thursday was almost as nice but rained in the mid-afternoon like a typical spring/summer Florida day. Friday and Saturday -- mostly yuk. The worst part (which I might share the longer version in a new thread) was that on Saturday we were chosen as the Grand Marshal family for the afternoon parade. And just as we were all seated in our "special vehicle" to lead things off--they postponed the parade and cancelled the grand marshal part of the parade totally. So basically the week ended with it literally raining on our parade.

BUT -- we all had a great time -- and, we're returning 2 three packs of spray on sunscreen that were never used (aka, bonus $$).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter