All Star Movies Renovations

We had them put it on our reservation for our 2 night stay the last weekend of the month. We had to get the preferred room because that was all that was left. I am glad I did now because our odds seem better with that type of room. I have tried numerous times to add another night but I am not having any luck. It appears all rooms are sold out . :(

Just back today from a 4 night stay...we requested preferred but got stuck in The Mighty ducks. Had to change rooms three times...no AC, TV not working, stinky room, no hot water..whatever you do make sure you get a refurbished room..it was nothing but room changing for us..their idea of a fix for no AC was to bring us a cheap box fan for the room! They refunded the preffered rate to us. I am doing a trip report and will let you know when I start it. Also writing a lovely letter of complaint to Disney. I truly hope all you that are going within the next 4 weeks dont mind loud drilling noises at the pool either...GET A REFURB ROOM!! DEMAND IT! Its like they are just not caring about the ones not refurbed.

Just back today from a 4 night stay...we requested preferred but got stuck in The Mighty ducks. Had to change rooms three times...no AC, TV not working, stinky room, no hot water..whatever you do make sure you get a refurbished room..it was nothing but room changing for us..their idea of a fix for no AC was to bring us a cheap box fan for the room! They refunded the preffered rate to us. I am doing a trip report and will let you know when I start it. Also writing a lovely letter of complaint to Disney. I truly hope all you that are going within the next 4 weeks dont mind loud drilling noises at the pool either...GET A REFURB ROOM!! DEMAND IT! Its like they are just not caring about the ones not refurbed.

You said that you requested preferred, and then later that they refunded the preferred rate to you. Just to clarify, did you book a standard room and just requested a preferred room, or did you book and pay for a preferred room and get put in a standard?

You said that you requested preferred, and then later that they refunded the preferred rate to you. Just to clarify, did you book a standard room and just requested a preferred room, or did you book and pay for a preferred room and get put in a standard?
Yep I’m wondering this too.

The poster said later in the post that she was refunded the preferred rate so it seems like she paid for preferred and somehow got placed in standard.

Any updates on construction?
Any news re Haley's request for updates on the refurbishments. How is the work going on Movies Building 6 - based on Building 7 being completed in 40 days, it should be about half done by now. As previously two buildings were being refurbished concurrently, have they started with Building 5 or as per an earlier post (apologies, dont remember name) has work actually started in Music - Calypso ? Hopefully someone is currently at one of the All Star resorts or has a family/friend staying or maybe knows one of the staff and can get an answer for us.

My family and I will be staying at Movies during the last week of October in a preferred room. I called the resort this morning to request a renovated room, but the CM told me to call on the 18th of October. Should I wait until then, or try to call and request a specific building instead? I am unable to make room requests from the MDE drop down menu.

My family and I will be staying at Movies during the last week of October in a preferred room. I called the resort this morning to request a renovated room, but the CM told me to call on the 18th of October. Should I wait until then, or try to call and request a specific building instead? I am unable to make room requests from the MDE drop down menu.
I would call and hope you get a different CM. There's no reason you can't have it put on your reservation right now. I wouldn't request a specific building, but a specific section instead (Toy Story, Fantasia). I wouldn't pick 101 Dalmatians because I'm not sure they will be started/finished with either of the buildings by then.

I would call and hope you get a different CM. There's no reason you can't have it put on your reservation right now. I wouldn't request a specific building, but a specific section instead (Toy Story, Fantasia). I wouldn't pick 101 Dalmatians because I'm not sure they will be started/finished with either of the buildings by then.

Thanks for the tip, I was able to call this morning and put in a request for fantasia and toy story! hopefully fantasia will be completed by then

Thanks for the tip, I was able to call this morning and put in a request for fantasia and toy story! hopefully fantasia will be completed by then
Katy2009 - can we rely on you to do some surveillance during your trip to provide an update on renovation progress and confirm whether or not works at AS Music have started.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, they brought a box fan? WTH?!

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, they brought a box fan? WTH?!
How quickly do Disney deal with complaints should they arise? I would have thought that rooms are checked between guests and if the AC, TV, hot water etc. are found not to be working, the room shouldnt be assigned to anyone until the repairs have been carried out. Most guests plan a year ahead of a trip and having waited that long and spend several thousand pounds/dollars on a vacation, I would not like to experience the disappointment of the room not being as described. Do Disney offer any compensation for failures such as resort upgrade especially after having changed room three times or as there is always a steady stream of guests, are Disney not bothered if one or two guests leave disgruntled ?

How quickly do Disney deal with complaints should they arise? I would have thought that rooms are checked between guests and if the AC, TV, hot water etc. are found not to be working, the room shouldnt be assigned to anyone until the repairs have been carried out. Most guests plan a year ahead of a trip and having waited that long and spend several thousand pounds/dollars on a vacation, I would not like to experience the disappointment of the room not being as described. Do Disney offer any compensation for failures such as resort upgrade especially after having changed room three times or as there is always a steady stream of guests, are Disney not bothered if one or two guests leave disgruntled ?

We have found they deal with it quickly IF you go to the front desk, request to speak with the mgr on duty, and let them know you want a room that works. Smile, be polite but firm. Do not leave until you are taken care of to your satisfaction. Don't ask for more than you deserve and you should be compensated for your inconvenience. Depending upon the issue, you could have a new working room or even moved to a different resort. Never heard of Disney leaving someone stranded with a non working room.

We have found they deal with it quickly IF you go to the front desk, request to speak with the mgr on duty, and let them know you want a room that works. Smile, be polite but firm. Do not leave until you are taken care of to your satisfaction. Don't ask for more than you deserve and you should be compensated for your inconvenience. Depending upon the issue, you could have a new working room or even moved to a different resort. Never heard of Disney leaving someone stranded with a non working room.
Thanks - good to know.

I should have added, when you call the front desk you are not speaking with anyone at Disneyworld. I can't stress this strongly enough, If there is a real problem, GO TO THE FRONT DESK IN PERSON.
I suspected that this might be the case. Yesterday I called the AS Movies on the contact number given for the hotel to get an update on the refurbishments for Haley. The lady I spoke to didnt know the answer and said she would try to speak with the team that handled this but couldnt get an answer for me.

I suspected that this might be the case. Yesterday I called the AS Movies on the contact number given for the hotel to get an update on the refurbishments for Haley. The lady I spoke to didnt know the answer and said she would try to speak with the team that handled this but couldnt get an answer for me.
Yeah they typically have no idea or give out wrong information. That’s why threads like this have to be based on actual experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter