All Star Movies to MK - Take Disney Bus or Drive?

gomudhens

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm going to Disney March 8-12 with my wife and 2 young children; it's our first trip staying at a Disney Resort. We are staying at the All-Star Movies resort. Assuming that WDW will be fairly crowded this time of year, what is a better mode of transportation from ASM to Magic Kingdom: Disney Bus or our car? I have read that the bus ride is about 30-40 minutes, which seems like a long time to me. Plus, I don't know how many people are lined up to catch a bus at the All Star resorts in the morning? Would it be faster to drive to the TTC and take the Monorail?

Also, what if we decide to go back to the hotel for an afternoon nap? Is it easy to catch a bus back or is it more advantageous to have our own car at that point?

Any advice from All-Star Resorts veterans would be much appreciated!

My experience was that the bus service at AS Movies was not very good. Others will give a different opinion I’m sure. In fairness we were there at a high volume time but still I thought the service was poor. We waited more the 30 minutes for MK buses on more that one occasion. We drove our rental car for the remainder of our stay.

By all means, take the bus.

The All-Stars receive the best transportation on property, with busses being dispatched every 10 mins, if not more frequent. The actual ride to the MK is about 13 minutes. During peak times, yes, it will be busy, however, we do run extra busses to handle the load.

If you drive... you have to deal with the traffic at the Toll Plaza... (Yes, you park for free, but you still have to wait in the long Toll Plaza line) Then you have to wait for the tram, and then you have to wait at the TTC until 8:45, and then wait in line for the Monorail or Ferryboat.

The bus is a straight shot right from ASMo to the MK front entrance.

MK is the only park I always take the bus to. MUCH more convenient than taking your car. The busses run fairly frequently.

I agree, take the bus! Any time you save by driving your car from the resort to the MK parking lot is QUICKLY lost (and then some) by the waits to get into the parking lot, get on the tram, and get on the monorail or ferry. It's even worse going back, when everyone's tired :(

We usually stay at the BWV, and have noticed that buses come to pick up for the All Stars (on the way home) and the line moves faster for the All Stars than for the BWV (which shares bus services with the S&D, Y&BC and BCV). Even so, we still take the bus because it's much more convenient than the car!

Take the bus! We realized on our last trip that it saves a lot of time. Also, the signs directing you back to the All Stars are horrible. We got lost every time we tried to drive back from the park (and I am usually excellent with directions.) It felt like we saw a sign directing us to every single other hotel except ours! The bus can be crowded, but it is the fastest way to and from MK.

THE BUS! And this is the only park I don't drive to. (Sorry Chip 'N Dale, I am a Southern gal and I like to have my car handy!) The whole TTC thing just takes way too long.

THE BUS!

We found the bus service for the ASMO so good that we did not move the car all week. We had planned to drive several places but we ended up on the bus every time. The trip takes about 15 minutes and the buse come frequently in the morning. The little one will also think the big bus is cool.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter