ALLDining plans and packages and adrs canceled, future 60 day adr window

I think the quick service plan is tricky, too, especially if guests are expecting the same experience. Drinks are probably no longer self serve (at least they are in my State) so what happens with the souvenir cups and refills? That has to be some kind of health violation. And then if the choices are limited and someone has prepaid, it's going to be frustrating to spend money on places/food you don't want to eat because in my experience some counter service is very good, and others are mediocre at best. And then you have the snack situation which would probably also very limited based on everything else being limited. I'd rather just pay out of pocket and know when I get there what I'm actually going to be eating.
Agree. It’s not just the TS that will have limited capacity, the QS too. It may be the case that there will we more of the packaged grab and go items. That would certainly be a disappointing substitute for someone that expected a quick, but fresh meal.

As sad as I am to have lost free dining for July and September (both of those have already been adjusted to drop off the DDP), I think Disney did the right call because guests would have complained.

There is some speculation that the Dining Plan won’t be back at all.
I really don't think that will happen. They just added a new kind of dining plan, so now they'll stop it all for good? When the parks get back to normal, meaning fully open, they will, most likely, bring back the dining plans. It's another source of income for the parks, assuring visitors pre-pay their dining for their stay.

Anyone think that the dining plan options would be restored in the Fall?

No, I don't. They cancelled them all through the end of 2020 and have now removed the Club Level through at least that long as well.

Purely an assumption, but I think the DP, CL, and many other things are all gone through September 26, 2021. That's the current date they have set to end ticket extensions and some other cancellations. It is also the weekend before the 50th, and I think they are holding off of extending any changes past that point until they absolutely have to. This gives them 15 months to increase capacity and see how things evolve.

There is some speculation that the Dining Plan won’t be back at all.

It's the most successful and profitable up-sell at the WDW, it'll be back someday.

I would appreciate not being in line behind people who have ask questions for 10 minutes before using a snack credit on one pretzel...but I won't get the chance since it'll be non-queue mobile order.

No, I don't. They cancelled them all through the end of 2020 and have now removed the Club Level through at least that long as well.

Purely an assumption, but I think the DP, CL, and many other things are all gone through September 26, 2021. That's the current date they have set to end ticket extensions and some other cancellations. It is also the weekend before the 50th, and I think they are holding off of extending any changes past that point until they absolutely have to. This gives them 15 months to increase capacity and see how things evolve.

It's the most successful and profitable up-sell at the WDW, it'll be back someday.

I would appreciate not being in line behind people who have ask questions for 10 minutes before using a snack credit on one pretzel...but I won't get the chance since it'll be non-queue mobile order.

I hope it comes back, along with everything we are losing right-now (FP+, 180 ADR window, park-hopper), but it sounds like things will change and some of the changes will be permanent.

I trust Disney get it right, short-term and long-term.

Thanks all :) In listening to the Dining podcast the other day, our family is going to just put our money on a Disney gift card. That way for us, we are pre-paid and don't have to worry about all the transactions at the end of the trip.

Sure hope it will be back before end of Sep 21. We're postponing our trip to Sep 21, and would be very disappointed of things don't go somewhat back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!