Allegiant Airlines Honors Military Discount

I_Heart_Disney_4_Lyf

Mouseketeer
Well, I posted this in the October thread since that is when I could be going (pending heat & health), but Allegiant Airlines now has a military discount called the Honors Program. Valid ID for retired, active, spouse, etc. needs to be verified in person at the airport. Discounts include three free checked bags, one free carryon, one free pet in the cabin :), free printed boarding pass at the airport, free seat selection, & free priority boarding.
https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount
There is a shuttle from Orlando/Sanford which costs $75.00 per person for a roundtrip & it goes to Disney resorts, not sure about other hotels.

Anywho , I believe this program only just started w/in the past month or two.

For what it's worth, there is a very nice Best Western literally right down the street from the airport, and, if you make a left out of the Best Western there is a giant Wal-Mart a few miles down the road. Take a right out of Best Western and you'll dead end at big and beautiful Lake Mary.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! We leave I need 2 weeks, and have paid...will be calling tomorrow

You're welcome! Just wanted to throw that out there, too, that it would be cheaper to rent a car for one or two days than to pay the shuttle cost, especially if your party includes 2 or more people. May be faster as well.

I explored renting a car, but prices were high! We are getting a town car service thru our TA that is only $220 r/t for the 4 of us. Since our flight gets in at 8:00 pm, and my husband cannot tolerate driving in unfamiliar areas very well, it just made more sense. It will be our 1st time flying Allegiant, and I'm praying it goes well! It's only a 2hr flight, as opposed to close to 7 with other airlines.

Oh a town car that sounds fun! Good price for 4 & round trip. My Mom flies allegiant when she goes to Phoenix (flies into the Mesa airport). She just booked a flight for the middle of August that cost her $100 round trip. W/O taxes the flight to Mesa was $25!

Last edited:
I called Allegiant to ask, since we already paid for everything. They said we just have to show ID at airport and they will refund us the $- 374.00! Plus now we can have. 2 checked bags!

OP :worship:great catch!!! Thanks for posting. Just booked on Spirit yesterday, wish i had seen this earlier. Ah well, next time.

Surprised they include military veterans with just a DD214, that is far & above what many other travel providers offer.

I am trying to interpret spousal benefit though:confused3. Anyone care to chime in an opinion?

It states:

Free services offered for U.S. military veterans and spouses or dependents of U.S. active duty or reserve military, and National Guard

Does it mean free services offered for US miltary veterans and spouses

Or

are spousal benefits only applicable when traveling solo to US active duty/reserve military or National Guard?

I often travel without 'my veteran' DH.

OP :worship:great catch!!! Thanks for posting. Just booked on Spirit yesterday, wish i had seen this earlier. Ah well, next time.

Surprised they include military veterans with just a DD214, that is far & above what many other travel providers offer.

I am trying to interpret spousal benefit though:confused3. Anyone care to chime in an opinion?

IMHO, it reads as though the military personnel need not be there w/the spouse, as long as you have valid ID. I tried calling but recording stated there is an "extraordinarily" high call volume. So I'm not quite sure what that means. We may try visiting Allegiant at the airport this week or next week and I can find out for sure then.

It states:

Free services offered for U.S. military veterans and spouses or dependents of U.S. active duty or reserve military, and National Guard

Does it mean free services offered for US miltary veterans and spouses

Or

are spousal benefits only applicable when traveling solo to US active duty/reserve military or National Guard?

I often travel without 'my veteran' DH.
I spoke with a customer service rep. As long as you have a military id, even if it's expired (because I explained to her that since my husband was medically discharged, my ID had expired).

I spoke with a customer service rep. As long as you have a military id, even if it's expired (because I explained to her that since my husband was medically discharged, my ID had expired).

No ID for me, but nice to know just with a DD214 DH can utilize!

This post just saved us $70 and the ability to bring more luggage on our trip (so less packing headaches). Thanks!

Update- we are just back from our trip. On the out flight, we added a packed bag at the airport w/o problem and were told to call about getting the pre-paid carry on fees refunded. On the return flight, only my boys flew (long story), went bagless, whileDH and I ended up driving home. He called Allegiant this morning to see about luggage refund, and although it took a while on hold, he got the fee refunded and I got an email within a few hours with the refund receipt. So thanks again!

Sounds good to me! My Mom just got hers squared away yesterday at the airport and she said it was easy as pie. She wants to bring a pet now but we don't have one to bring. We only have wild or feral pets. I'm not sure a sparrow or blue jay would want to go on a plane ride, although it would be pretty cute.

I know this is an old post so pardon me for resurrecting it, but when it says 3 items of checked luggage, is that per person flying or just 3 total? My husband, retired guard, myself and our two daughters are flying out tomorrow. So, just checking if we can do only 3 check bags and 1 carry-on free for all of us or is that per person? The website says:

Qualifying military personnel and their spouses or dependents, with valid identification, are eligible for the following discounts on Allegiant:

So that's my confusion if the offer is for all individuals or just the military member.

Second question is that normally Allegiant only allows checked bags to weigh 40 lbs before you have to pay for an overweight bag, but this seems to say they can weigh up to 100 lbs. Anybody had experience with a bag weighing over 40 lbs? Thanks.

ETA: Nevermind. A closer read shows that the 100 lb limit is for active duty rather than retired.

As long as the folks flying with the military member are military spouses/dependents, it is per person. For example, last summer we flew Allegiant as a party of four(DH who is retired Air Force, me a spouse, and 2 DSs, each a dependent), and we each checked a bag. In January, I flew Allegiant solo and was also able to check a bag for free although DH was not with me.
Have a great trip!

As long as the folks flying with the military member are military spouses/dependents, it is per person. For example, last summer we flew Allegiant as a party of four(DH who is retired Air Force, me a spouse, and 2 DSs, each a dependent), and we each checked a bag. In January, I flew Allegiant solo and was also able to check a bag for free although DH was not with me.
Have a great trip!

That's great. It's an awesome benefit!

Do a search on youtube for 60 minutes Allegiant Air. I would never ever fly them. There is a reason they are super cheap, and it isn't a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!