Almond Bark-chocolate covered pretzels

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
I read on another thread somewhere that people recommend using Almond Bark purchased from Walmart to do chocolate covered pretzels, etc. I had never heard of this, however, I was at Walmart yesterday and picked up two packages with hesitation.

I usually melt down Ghiradelli bars to cover my chocolate covered pretzels. Does this stuff really taste good? There is nothing worse than cheap tasting chocolate. Can anyone shed any light on this product and how it is to work with and tastes?

I've used this and it is good. Not as good as Ghiradelli tastes, but good. It melts evenly and the chocolate on the pretzels doesnt get sticky sitting out on the party table.

I think if you are used to quality chocolate, you will be disappointed with the chocolate flavor candy coating. The vanilla is good for a white chocolate taste but the chocolate flavor just tastes like fake chocolate, which is what it is. I should have probably mentioned, though, that I am a chocolate snob! It's the good stuff or nothing for me.:snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter