Almost August WISH Challenge-everyone welcome!

got myself out of the house early and headed up to Snoqualmie Falls

So beautiful! What a nice change to the routine :)

My motivation for this week is that it is a SHORT week, we leave for my in-laws bright and early Thursday morning. I want to be on the road no later than 6am for the 5 hour drive.

Have a safe trip, hope you get some downtime while the in-laws spend time with the kids :)

I spent about 10 hours in my classroom today to get ready for the little ones to enter Orientation on Thursday

That is a big day. Ahh little ones and their first days of school - so cute - but hard work :)

Topic Tuesday

Change is in the air ...
A change in month and season is almost here!

Image result for change
Change can be exciting or it can be hard. It can be a good time to reflect on what is working for you, or what you want to do differently.
What worked for you this month and summer (winter for me)?
What do you want to do differently in the Fall season (spring for me)?
Don't tell us yet but start thinking about your goals for next month...

Speaking of an upcoming change in month we need some hosts for next month - are we happy sharing the load the way we have been doing?

Speaking of change...

I had my third doctor appointment yesterday, where we went over the lab results. It was both not surprising and shocking. I have about 6 markers that are in the danger zone, including being diabetic, not just pre-diabetic actually diabetic. I usually do well when I know what is going on and what to do about it, but my head is spinning this morning... one of the biggest thoughts swirling around is that I am actually sick, not just feeling poorly or having a bad day.

There's a long list of things I have to change, including going to a Keto/Whole 30 style eating plan, basically protein and vegetables, but with the lectin allergy veggie choices are limited. She's changing up some of the supplements I take, but being a Naturopath trying to stay away from straight up meds. She also wants me to start doing saunas (one of the markers was environmental toxicity) and getting in to yoga (moving more to get metabolism going and manage stress better). In talking through everything, we decided it is really best if I not travel right now while I sort things out, so I'll make this week's quick trip out to Maryland, then nothing for the rest of the month. We're going to redo some of the labs late in September, then decide about future travel, as the trips to LA could continue for several months.

So change it is - change everything. All the things I've been talking about doing are no longer optional. Heavy sigh.

So change it is - change everything. All the things I've been talking about doing are no longer optional. Heavy sigh.

Oh no - I am sorry to hear that @Oneanne - I can relate to that deflated feeling when your blood results are now what you were hoping for. So this just means that you and I are in this together and we need to support each other to stay on track here. Sounds like you are happy working with your health care provider though - so that is a big piece of the puzzle sometimes.

Woohoo Wednesday - Soooo...this was my month off from my usual exercise and eating goals. But I have work & family woohoos. Today was first day back to school for teachers. We had a very inspirational speaker and I can’t wait to meet my kiddos tomorrow! Also, my sister & brother-in-law closed on their new house today.

@Oneanne :hug: We’re here to help you through this! You can do it!!!

Some of us may need to dig a little deeper for thankfulness today .... this quote spoke to me :)

That is a great quote!!

And I am sort of digging a little, as DS had his first day of college classes yesterday and was pretty stressed out. - It's just a lot to take take in all at once, and I know he'll do great once things settle down, but it's definitely hard not to be there and give him a reassuring hug!

I am thankful that fall in New England is just around the corner - with all it's beautiful color, cool evenings, and pumpkin spice everything!

My Woohoo Wednesday is actually being on track for my exercise goal. If I do 15 minutes a day for these last three days, I'll make my 500 minutes exactly.

@Oneanne, we're here for you!!

My DH had bypass surgery a few years ago, and one of the odd things that helped when he was all of a sudden on a restricted diet was to make a list of all sorts of things he could eat, not things he couldn't, and post it on the fridge. It didn't make it "easy" exactly - but it did shift some of the concentration onto new things to try, instead of missing favorites.

Oh no - I am sorry to hear that @Oneanne - I can relate to that deflated feeling when your blood results are now what you were hoping for. So this just means that you and I are in this together and we need to support each other to stay on track here. Sounds like you are happy working with your health care provider though - so that is a big piece of the puzzle sometimes.
I was thinking of you when we were going thru the results, I think we have very similar diagnoses. Right now I'm just trying to get thru this trip, then I'll get going with what she wants me to do.

That is a great quote!!

And I am sort of digging a little, as DS had his first day of college classes yesterday and was pretty stressed out. - It's just a lot to take take in all at once, and I know he'll do great once things settle down, but it's definitely hard not to be there and give him a reassuring hug!

I am thankful that fall in New England is just around the corner - with all it's beautiful color, cool evenings, and pumpkin spice everything!

My Woohoo Wednesday is actually being on track for my exercise goal. If I do 15 minutes a day for these last three days, I'll make my 500 minutes exactly.

@Oneanne, we're here for you!!

My DH had bypass surgery a few years ago, and one of the odd things that helped when he was all of a sudden on a restricted diet was to make a list of all sorts of things he could eat, not things he couldn't, and post it on the fridge. It didn't make it "easy" exactly - but it did shift some of the concentration onto new things to try, instead of missing favorites.
That's a great idea!

Woohoo Wednesday: smooth and uneventful travel.

Thankful Thursday: thankful to have finally figured out what is going on with my health, even tho I am overwhelmed. I have friends headed to WDW in March, so I've decided to join them... that's six months out and will be my celebratory trip for getting healthy. Also thankful that the drive from the hotel to the facility can be done via back roads that are curvy and undulating and go thru some farm areas... my favorite kind of driving. And I love colonial style architecture. Coming in this morning there was one old saltbox style farm house situated perfectly on a rise where it faced due east and was catching the morning sun, with the corn fields in front of it. I almost drove off the road starting at it.

Last edited:
Image result for friday

I'm guessing that many of you are enjoying every last bit of your Summer! It's Free For All Friday - Feel free to share any feelings at all - but also about finishing up the month this weekend.​

I have been somewhat focused on getting myself back on track this past week - but I am going to use this weekend to really draw a line in the sand - get organised and hit the next 3 months. The twins have been on my back the last 2 days if they see me eating chocolate. DS15 was on me this afternoon - he was eating BBQ chips (YUMMM) so I stole about 15 of them - as I had made a Keto Shepherds Pie last night and replaced the potato with cauliflower (which he is hating having so much of) he really protested saying you are eating potato - cooked in unhealthy oil with a bunch of other unhealthy flavourings on it! So it looks like they are going to be trying hard to help me through :)

Happy Friday everyone.

Ahhh Friday, I think I love you. Because it means I'm headed home.

Things have gone well here work wise, and I love being in this part of the country... I had a beautiful dinner last night sitting on the deck at a place on the water, just soaking it all in. But I've pretty much feeling like crap-o-la the entire time I've been here. I did sleep better last night, but I'm still dragging and so ready to be home. And grateful to have the extra long holiday weekend coming up, as I'm taking Tuesday off as well. I was able to get a massage appointment Saturday evening, then I have another dr appointment Tuesday morning and Tuesday evening I'm doing a sauna session, which is something dr wants me to start doing to sweat out toxins. Wednesday evening I have a one-on-one yoga session, to work out a simple routine I can do. So all moving in the right direction. Over the holiday weekend I'll be cleaning out the 'fridge and cupboards, to feel like I'm starting over fresh.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Woohoo Wednesday - My foot is doing much better. I am hoping to get back on the treadmill next week. I will start slow and work back up. I did find out what it was. I have bursitis and inflammation that is pushing in on the nerve.

Thankful Thursday -- I am thankful I don't have a trip to Disney planned right now. I have been following all of the hurricane coverage. I do this every time. Though I don't live anywhere near the area I still follow and I always learn new stuff. The science is interesting to me. But I also follow the prep and damage after

Tonight I am going to our orchestra at the outdoor amphitheater to watch the movie Star Wars (can't remember which one but one of the originals) while the orchestra plays the music to it and then there will be fireworks after. We do this every year. We go with friends of our and we have a lot of fun.

Thankful Thursday - I am thankful for my job. I love that it allows me to spend most of the summer at home with my kids. But I also enjoy the fresh start each year. I got to meet my class at orientation on Thursday. The kids always give me motivation...for teaching, for being healthy, and for bettering myself. I’m excited for this new start...both in my classroom and in my healthy eating & exercise goals!

As for the weekend, we have Phillies tickets for Saturday. Then on Sunday, my husband is taking the kids crabbing along with a bunch of neighbors. It’s an annual tradition in our neighborhood. Then they come back and we all gather on the one neighbor’s backyard to eat crab and celebrate the end of summer. So I look forward to enjoying some family time at the Phillies game, alone time during crabbing, and time with friends at the neighbors!

Thankful Thursday -- I am thankful I don't have a trip to Disney planned right now. I have been following all of the hurricane coverage. I do this every time. Though I don't live anywhere near the area I still follow and I always learn new stuff. The science is interesting to me. But I also follow the prep and damage after

I'm following the Florida connection as well, as I have family there. So far, my brother (quite a ways inland) is not worried, but I do have a cousin and his wife nearer the coast.

@MickeyMom76, I so agree about working on the school calendar! And your end-of-summer tradition sounds like a great memory-maker!

And @piglet1979, your Star Wars one sounds amazing as well! I would love to do something like that!!

Speaking of an upcoming change in month we need some hosts for next month - are we happy sharing the load the way we have been doing?

Forgot to answer this - I'm fine with keeping it weekly if that's working for everyone, and I can take any week for September but the last one, so I'll fill in after others choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!