Alright, You've Convinced Me to try "Touring Plans!"

Stormeyes

The Disney Fox
Hi DISers!

So, I missed my 180 day window because I simply couldn't book my trip until now. (We're celebrating our honeymoon AND both our birthdays! This is the Disney trip to end all Disney trips, especially because we won't be back there until after 2021!)

I got most of my dining reservations I wanted, but I missed 2 very important ones, and one I would simply just like to have because the food is super tasty. So, I'm trying Touring Plans.

I'm also keeping a super-weathered eye out on the Aug/Sept cancellation threads, and hoping to pick up the ADRs I'm looking for:

1. Rose & Crown for between 7-9PM on Aug. 29. This is me and my SO's "honeymoon" romantic dinner on our arrival day. I currently have a 5:00 ADR as, like, a placeholder, but it's way too early for us to eat then. This is honestly the one I want most ideally.
  2. 'Ohana for between 3:30-5PM on Sept 1st. I'm hoping to snag an early meal before the Halloween Party on my husband-to-be's birthday! (As an aside, I got the birthday dinner at Boma I wanted the next night. Yes, yes, our birthdays are one day apart. I call it fate.)
  3. Be Our Guest anytime for lunch on Aug 30 or Sept 4. I have had the lunch here and the experience on our last trip, so the only thing I really feel like I'm missing is that delicious turkey sandwich.
I'm well aware that what I'm looking for is difficult to acquire. But, I've got faith, trust, hopefully some pixie dust, and 148 days to scour the internet for my table. :)

Let's hope Touring Plans comes through! They'll be getting one helluva nice testimonial from me if it works out the way I want to! :D

So, what are your experiences with the Dining Reservation finder? Have you gotten any really hard to get meals and time periods? I wanna be optimistic, but not naively so.

Yes- it worked for me a few times! I've gotten a PPO breakfast at BOG, a Sci Fi lunch, and a Garden Gril PPO breakfast:thumbsup2

The touring plans reservation finder worked great for me! I was able to get an 8am breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table for our upcoming trip in June. I got it about a month ago and only had to wait 3-4 days before it showed up as available!

I got a text at 5AM while I was sleeping that an ADR opened up at R&C, but I missed it when I actually got up. So, I restarted the search. An hour later, while I was showering no less, I got another text. I ended up getting that one! So I have R&C at 7:15 now! Yay! I'm getting somewhere! Thank you, Touring Plans!

I used it on our last trip, and I got everything I wanted. Just be patient - most of the openings came in the week before the trip.

Touring Plans made my phone go off at quarter of 6 this morning. Luckily I was sleeping lightly, because this MIRACLE of a website algorithm found me a table for 2 at 'Ohana at 4:25 in the afternoon on Sept 1st! My husband-to-be was so floored that he gets to have exactly what he wants on his birthday! I was more than willing to be patient, for sure, but I can't believe it found something already, because I'm still about 130 days out from the trip! What a lucky break for us! <3

If you're still having doubts about whether Touring Plans is worth it, let this be the deal sealer. I'm absolutely finding hard-to-get reservations, and its honestly blowing my mind.

is this as in the touring plans that has the app that I've always used when we go just for wait times? I never thought there would be more...my membership ends Aug 1. I'm going to have to go see what y'all are talking about. party of 9 could be tricky this fall.

With 148 days left, I think your odds are good that you'll find what you want.

I've gotten about 4 reservations(two of them different times for BOG) for my upcoming trip that I've been looking for through their service, It's great.

Love the reservation finder! It's really worked for us too. I think part of it is because they limit you to only a few 'searches' so everyone can put in just what they really need. :) Good luck!

is this as in the touring plans that has the app that I've always used when we go just for wait times? I never thought there would be more...my membership ends Aug 1. I'm going to have to go see what y'all are talking about. party of 9 could be tricky this fall.
The adr finder is currently free with a basic account.

I've been notified 3x already. I'm getting picky about the time now!
I signed up today with two different dates for BoG and nothing so far.

The crazy thing is I have a reservation for 1 on my preferred date but even though I could get another one for 1 about 30 minutes later the system wouldn't allow it.

I signed up today with two different dates for BoG and nothing so far.

The crazy thing is I have a reservation for 1 on my preferred date but even though I could get another one for 1 about 30 minutes later the system wouldn't allow it.

So you want a reservation for 2? It won't let you book because it's within 2 hours. Call dining and see if they can help you.

I've used TP res finder to move slightly less than ideal res times very successfully, pick up lunch at Sci-Fi, a PPO BOG, and a lunch BOG. I've missed the notification in time to grab several others, but with enough time (probably about 3 months out from our trip), I believe you can get most of what you want. Except Beaches & Cream. That is the elusive one for me - probably because it's so small and seating is limited.

Success today!! Akershus wasn't showing any availability at 180 days. Put in a request because it sounded like they held them back for some reason. Got my text this afternoon and booked my first choice time for dinner! I'd been checking manually each morning and nothing. I would not have noticed these openings until tomorrow and by then maybe they would be gone. Touring plans reservation finder worked like a charm!!!

Do you have to sign up for touring plans in order for the reservation finder to work? Is it free? Trying to get ohana for my family in late september and I've been checking daily with no luck :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter