• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Altering a reservation for a promo that is no longer available?

WDW_Michael

Earning My Ears
Title may be a bit confusing, but i have a reservation in September using the Disney + dining plan promo that was offered in the past, but that promo is no longer available. I want to know if i can still alter that reservation, even though the promo itself is no longer available. More specifically, i want to know if i can upgrade my standard room to a preferred room for that reservation, but still keep the promo and everything else the same.

Title may be a bit confusing, but i have a reservation in September using the Disney + dining plan promo that was offered in the past, but that promo is no longer available. I want to know if i can still alter that reservation, even though the promo itself is no longer available. More specifically, i want to know if i can upgrade my standard room to a preferred room for that reservation, but still keep the promo and everything else the same.
I’m pretty sure the answer is no. If an offer has a ‘book by’ date, any changes made after will change the price to whatever’s available that day. We tried adding a day later on and the whole package was recalculated with higher ticket costs and discount removed.

But I think it’s worth a call. Things are constantly changing with WDW and not always consistent. Call and ask what the price would be to upgrade to preferred room. Make sure to screen shot your reservation beforehand. Good luck - you never know!

You'll have to call and ask. Only a certain number of rooms of a given room type are allotted for any given promotion. If there is still availability for the preferred room under the promo "bucket" (meaning not all rooms allotted to that promotion were booked) then they may allow the change. If, at the time the promotion ended, there were no preferred rooms available - then no you are unlikely to be able to modify.

Be aware that even if you are able to keep the same promotion, if there has been any increase in ticket price since you originally booked it will be recalculated to the new price. You might want to look at that -- WDW released 2025 tickets recently and I believe some 2024 prices may have also been quietly updated.

Guest Services has always had the ability to alter a reservation booked with a previous promo. However, the room you want had to still have availability left in that promo’s inventory. Which, of course, only they know. So the only way to do it has always been to call & ask. And as @lanejudy said, any changes will be with the new prices for tickets & rooms. And yes, resort rates for this year were increased when the 2025 rates were announced. So if it’s allowed, you’ll be paying the new preferred room rate & the new ticket price. You might want to check those & make sure it’s really worth the change.

I'm a TA and my brother wanted to know if he could book the free dining promo and modify it after the date. I called the TA line and they said yes. Now, I know you can get incorrect info depending on the cast member, but I was told yes. I haven't tried to do it yet though.

I'm a TA and my brother wanted to know if he could book the free dining promo and modify it after the date. I called the TA line and they said yes. Now, I know you can get incorrect info depending on the cast member, but I was told yes. I haven't tried to do it yet though.
You can always modify, but that doesn't mean you can keep what you originally booked. And as others have stated, the room type has to have been available when that promo was active to qualify. The category the OP wants may not have been available as part of the free DDP promotion. Though it is to a more expensive room, so they may allow it, especially since room rates were raised across the board last week. And not for 2025, rooms for this year. The only way to really know is to call, we can only speculate.

UPDATE: they allowed me to switch the room to a preferred room with no issue, i just had to pay the cost difference. They also said it was possible to change my resort and still keep the promo, so long as that resort was still available for the promo when the promo ended. So basically, since i already had the promo booked before the ending date, i was able me to alter it however id like, as long as it wasn't to extend the length of stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter