Altering our 2 day park hopper with MK After hours with the new Tiana wrinkle...

WWhitehead

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. Thanks for all your help trying to decide between MK After hours or adding a 3rd park hopper day. My daughter (20) and I decided to add the magic kingdom after hours event the day we get there. We liked the idea of an evening event when it is hopefully more pleasant and the chance to knock out a lot of rides. Plus, I've always wanted to go to the Polynesian for a drink and eat before we go. Well, this was all very exciting until we saw Tiana's opens on 6/28. We are going to the after hours event on 6/27. My daughter loves this ride, so now we are trying to figure out the best strategy for our after hours plus 2 more park hopping days. We are go-go-go and try to ride all the headliners and want to ride Guardians as many times as we can.

Here is what we have planned so far. We would love any suggestions.

6/27 Arrive around 1:00 (barring delays)
Head to Art of Animation resort and check in or drop off luggage; Rest in room if ready
Go to Polynesian for a cocktail
We have a reservation for Kona Grill at 5:10 but are considering a cocktail for me, a mocktail for DD and pulled pork nachos.
Head to Disney After Hours and arrive at 6:45.
Plan to ride everything we can and maybe, just maybe Tianas will be open???

6/28 Epcot/HS
Up at 7:00 to get VQ for Guardians and book LL of Slinky or Frozen (daughter loves these rides). Rope drop Remy. Possibly purchase ILL for Rise and an additional one for Guardians to ride it twice.
We have a sci-fi diner at 4:15 for Fantasmic package.
I made a reservation for Ogas at 7:20 but can cancel.
Ride as many rides as we can at both parks. Take Skyliner back.

6/29
Up at 7:00 to try for VQ for Tianas?? Should we do ILL for Flight of Pandora and Guardians again?
Head to Animal Kingdom
Ride Flight, Expedition Everest, Safari and whatever else.
Try for 1:00 Tianas if we don't get it at 7
Go to MK. Both are dependent on if we can get a VQ.
Do we ride anything else in MK? Take monorail to Epcot last for Guardians.

We also love shows and want to see as many as we can but are prioritizing rides. Don’t worry about wearing us out. We usually do 3 or 4 parks in a day. I have nothing to do but sit and watch my son’s volleyball tournament the next 4 days, so I can recover.

What would you guys change? Any other suggestions? My daughter has fast fingers, but I don't know if we need to build in more chances to get Tiana's. We don’t need that many TS meals. We are happy to grab stuff. We have never seen Fantasmic. I’d like to hit Nomad lounge in AK, and we like Oga’s. Thank you!!!!!

Remember you have to be in MK for the 1pm drop for Tiana’s. Only the 7am drop allows you to not be in the park as far as my experience. Others will say whether you can do the 1pm drop as long as you have been in MK sometime earlier and left.

I just went to an after hours event and had the best time at Magic Kingdom! We are leaving on a cruise on the 28th, so now thinking about adding the event on the 27th. I also wondered if Tiana would be open for the after hours event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter