Am I Mean?

Am I Mean?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Taking my girlfriend for 4 nights / 1 day each park. Plan is to stay at AK until 12 / 1 am (hours are extended for Pandora that night) for our AK day. Is it too mean to expect her to rope drop Epcot the following morning at 9 am?

Taking my girlfriend for 4 nights / 1 day each park. Plan is to stay at AK until 12 / 1 am (hours are extended for Pandora that night) for our AK day. Is it too mean to expect her to rope drop Epcot the following morning at 9 am?

:-) Sorry, only you and she can decide this one!! No one else knows her personality and what she can/will do better than you (two).
Have fun!!

I don't think so... Have you discussed the details of the trip with her? What does she think..

I don't think so...and I am NOT a morning person AT ALL. However, when we do Disney all involved know we RD early for EMH, mid day break and back later until park close, sometimes hitting 2, 3 or even 4 parks in a day...not a restful vacation, but we have a blast and get in everything we want to do! I do agree with others, though, definitely ask her. She may rather skip a headliner ride or two and sleep in. Everyone does Disney differently and the way it works for them and their travel companions. Have fun!

My wife is not a late night person at all, but she's always been able to handle staying up late at the parks...
That said, do what others have suggested and ask her. Better safe than sorry :)

Maybe it is just the way you worded it but the word "expect" is a bit loaded. Do you expect things from her or ask her opinion? If she doesn't want to go so early, perhaps you can go ahead and she can meet up with you later? Talk it over with her and prepare to see her perspective.

Maybe it is just the way you worded it but the word "expect" is a bit loaded. Do you expect things from her or ask her opinion? If she doesn't want to go so early, perhaps you can go ahead and she can meet up with you later? Talk it over with her and prepare to see her perspective.

Seriously, this.

Uhh. No one told you that keeping time and hours at Disney, isn't the same as not at Disney?!! My husband calls it "being under the dome". All things are possible under the Disney dome! Late nights and early mornings,
Never being bitten by mosquitos, the ability to walk 12 miles a day like it's your norm etc. That being said, the deciding factor for me would be how far is your resort from AK? Because the return to the room trip, and getting settled for bed could be really short, say to AKL or much farther like the Contemporary. It's not mean, it's just wanting to get the most out of your time there. Which we all want. Amiright:)

Love your enthusiasm :hippie:but personally enjoy WDW when I relax a little but that's just me, not getting enough sleep can slow me down and affect my whole day. Ask her what she thinks. Staying until 1 AM at Pandora which sounds awesome, also means you won't get back and in bed til much later than that. You'll get more of your money's worth when you feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter