Ama Ama and Aunty's Breakfast worth it?

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
Currently we have breakfast reservations at these two restaurants during our trip. I am wondering if they are worth the cost. It is just the 2 of us an no kids.
I had been interested in Ama Ama because of the beach view at breakfast. But I am wondering how likely it is we will even be able to get the seats we want.
This is our first time visiting Hawaii and we are from Canada so our dollar is really bad right now which is a big factor in us debating if we should cancel one of the reservations.

I cannot speak to Aunty's but we enjoyed our Ama Ama breakfasts and dined there 3 times for breakfast. We went early when the restaurant first opened (we did not make reservations). We had our pick of seats.
One morning, it rained while we were dining and a rainbow spread over the cove.
The setting cannot be beat.
Oh, yeah, the food was really good as well!

We had breakfast at Ama Ama yesterday before we left for the airport and enjoyed it very much. Plenty of seats and great views, plus the food was good and the press pot Kona coffee was great. Too pricey for dinner IMHO but breakfast was a great option.

I found the menu prices at Ama Ama to be very reasonable for breakfast and there isn't a bad view from any table. Most of the smaller tables with parties of two are seated closest to the water as well. If you don't care for the Character breakfast then that is the one that i would skip but both are worth doing at least once.

Ama Ama has amazing breakfasts. We had breakfast their twice in the week we were there. We has no reservation and got in without a long wait. The same for lunch. I did have a dinner reservation but ended up cancelling.

The Character breakfast was fun but if I went back would probably skip it. Once is good enough ans my kids are getting older now.

The character breakfast is probably one of the best at any disney resort...but you are still paying the increased cost due to the characters. They are dressed in hawaiian themed outfits, and the buffet does feature several "hawaii themed" dishes...

It is definitely more fun for young kids tho as aunty will lead the kids in various activities during breakfast times.

We ate at Ama Ama our last morning, my husband had the macadamia nut pancakes, they were so delicious. The best we have ever had.
He was sad he found them on our last day, he said he would have wanted them everyday if he knew sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter