Amazing August - W.I.S.H. Goals

Motivational Monday:

Weight-Loss-Encouragement-Quotes.jpg

I picked this quote because there are two elements to it: being commited for the long run and recognizing the small changes. The second obviously helps with the first.

So, think about something small that has changed for you to the positive and share it with the group!

So, think about something small that has changed for you to the positive and share it with the group!

I have to say that I am feeling so much better for having gone back to a regular work out schedule. Even if it is only three times a week, it does make a difference in my mental wellbeing. And with that everything else is so much easier. Like tracking a day when dinner was 1400 kcal (UGH!!)!

A small thing that has changed...

... the thing that first comes to mind isn't really that small, but what I've come up with is that at -20 pounds I seem to have an entirely new body. I'm not stiff and sore and tired all the time. When painting the living room I had no problem getting up from sitting on the floor while painting the low bits or stepping up to the chair to get the high parts. I know it isn't just due to the weight loss, but also to the other things I've been doing to take care of myself, it all fits together.

It was a very low key weekend, I got my hair cut and got a pedicure and did a few chores. I would say it was nice and relaxing except my Sister was there all weekend, she leaves this morning and I'm glad to have the house back to myself. The smoke came back yesterday afternoon, as thick as its been at any time in the past few weeks, they're saying not to spend too much time out of doors doing anything strenuous. I need to keep my step count up this week to make my goal, so I'm going to have to be outside for that.

Happy Monday all.

Last edited:
I would say for me it is getting up at 5:30 to walk before work. Now I haven't done it since before vacation but I can't wait to get back to it. This is coming from the person who would rather sleep then do anything. Also, I would have to say going to bed at 10. Last Christmas DH and I decided we really needed to go to bed at 10 and not stay up. I would get into a show and stay up until 11 or 12 to watch them. This rarely happens know. We will finish a show if it is closed to being finished (like 5 or 10 minutes past 10). Last night was a night we stayed up until 11. We love Shades of Blue and last night was the series finale and last week had us on the edge of our seats. It comes on at 10 so we just had to stay up and watch it. We paid for it this morning as neither of us wanted to get up. Then on top of it it was just a blah ending. Something we could have waited to watch.

My weekend was ok. We had my cousin's wedding on Saturday and my sister in laws 18th birthday party on Sunday. The wedding was nice. it was in my aunt back yard and was a very small wedding. We had BBQ for dinner and it was all great. My cousin hates cakes so they had pies. I am not a pie fan so i just had a small piece of chocolate cream pie. The kids were invited too. They were so excited. This is my 3rd wedding this summer. All for family and they were not invited to those (as expected) so they were excited to get to go to one. My aunt has an in-ground pool with a diving board and they opened it after dinner. I would have loved to get in but per the dr. no pools or hot tubs because of the burns. DD stayed in the pool for about 5 hours. It was all just a lot of fun.

For the birthday party that was a different story. Kids had a great time as they are only 5 years younger then there Aunt. I though was in a lot of pain again so I just sat in the recliner. They just built a new house and I really like it but the living room, kitchen and dining room are all one big room. It makes it really nice to socialize but there were about 18 people at the party and several conversations going on at once. It was so overly loud. Not to mention I have the loudest kids ever. It was just hard to hold a conversation. The food was great. My in-laws are great cooks. We had half chickens with a rub and BBQ sauce on them. These were the best chickens I have had in a long time. They had homemade cheesy potatoes (I didn't have any), fresh green beans (made with bacon and bacon grease), corn on the cob and home made cole slaw. They cook like this all the time and then wonder why they are over weight and can't lose weight. Yes everything was homemade but none of it was healthy but it was soo good. They had ice cream cake for dessert and that is my favorite. I had a descent size slice but it wasn't huge. Then I ate a ton on cucumber and dip.

So food for the weekend was not great but I will do better this week. Kids start school on Thursday and it is a busy week leading up to it. Once they are in school we will be back on a schedule. My leg is doing much better too. We have moved to it itching really bad rather then hurting. I am going to start walking some today and I think by next week I will be back on track with that as well.

What? It's Monday already? Totally thought today was Sunday lol
Well, something small I am thankful for is the fact I can fast today! I felt all icky last night from just eating way too much junk. Time for a detox, and Monday is a perfect day to start "fresh" :) so today I'm turning my hungry feeling into a positive "cleansing" feeling.

Happy Monday!!!

I pace around my house, march in place, and repeatedly go up & down my stairs to get extra steps in lol
Be careful going outside!
I do the same, but do need to be outside at least a little bit. At this point the smoke is getting sucked inside as well, so I'm not sure how much difference it makes to be inside... its all yucky :(.

Happy Monday, all!

It's one of those Mondays that has me dragging, but the good news is I am all caught up with work in preparation for being out of town from Wednesday on so I have a little time to be on the Dis!

I'm a bit down because on Friday at the gym, I injured my shoulder lifting weights (form is so important!). It's been a little painful but mainly awfully uncomfortable all weekend... So I'm actually kind of happy to be going away for a while and feeling zero guilt for not going to gym while letting it rest and recover.

The scale is currently trending the right direction--slightly.... hopefully this week won't cause too much damage, but we will be walking a huge convention center so I will be getting in plenty of steps! I do miss good southern food, so maybe I will have to get in a little extra walking at the hotel gym to counteract the barbecue that most definitely will be happening!

Question of the Day:

I think I've told this one before, but it definitely fits the bill. All through this journey I have been measuring small successes by how a pair of boots fits. I have these boots that I couldn't zip up after I gained my weight. As the year has passed, I have seen how much higher I can get them zipped up, little by little until they zipped all the way (albeit with a bit of grunting), and now they zip easy peasey! My DH probably thought I was nuts coming to him every few weeks going "Hey, look! I think I got them up another centimeter or so, what do you think?!" LOL! The weight is coming off so much slower now, so I am not sure what my little successes are. Probably little moments where I don't eat something just because it's on my plate. Only eating half of an entree at a restaurant and not having emotional mental drama over not eating it. I almost always bring home food from restaurants which used to never happen. Also, throwing away half a cookie that was just OK and not worth it to me to eat it all. Those sorts of things. Small moments that add up over time for sure!

I do the same, but do need to be outside at least a little bit. At this point the smoke is getting sucked inside as well, so I'm not sure how much difference it makes to be inside... its all yucky :(.

Oh no! Hopefully all that clears up soon since I know how important getting to enjoy the outdoors is to you! :)

I really liked your quote today, Flossbolna-these last 5lbs are probably going to come off slowly. I have to make peace with however long it takes and appreciate that it’s giving me time to reset my eating habits so I can keep the weight off after I get to my goal.
One small thing we did was to not have bread or potatoes with dinner-I haven’t given them up (although I don’t think I have had a potato in weeks) but just have a lean protein and vegetables.
All these little things add up, don’t they?

oh man, I see. I live in Michigan so i have no experience with that type of situation. Either way, pls be safe :)

Topic Tuesday!

I know that I am far too familiar with the topic: EXCUSES!!

maxresdefault.jpg

What type of excuses are the ones you use most: excuses to eat something unhealty, excuses to not do exercise or any other excuses to get out of doing something that is good for you? What are your tips to limit the amount of excuses you make?

I think my biggest is time. I don't have enough time. I changed what i was doing and started to get up earlier and I am hoping by winter my body will be ok getting up at 5 to go to the gym. Right now I get up at 530 and walk around the neighborhood. Well I will be again I am hoping by the end of the week. I also use this with food. I don't have time to cook so we will just stop and grab something. In reality I know it is usually faster to cook something.

Excuses...

I frequently tell myself "I can do it later..." and then later turns in to a couple weeks. Or a variation of that "I'll start with a clean slate tomorrow", and then tomorrow I tell myself the same thing. I'm thinking I'll use my questions "How does it get better than this?" and "What else is possible?" to override those excuse habits, because how it gets better is by getting up and doing it. My main form of exercise is walking, but I'm almost ready to get back in to Pilates... my body is starting to ask for it, it wants to stretch out.

In addition to recommending I do an ionic foot bath, my acupuncturist had suggested I do some lymphatic drainage massage to clear the congestion in my neck, and I found a gal in my 'hood who does it... last night was my appointment and she was fabulous. Sometimes lymphatic massage can be light and feathery, but man she dug right in and even used cupping to get things moving around again. I look like a different person this morning, as the puffiness in my entire face is gone as well as just my neck. I really got lucky with both

I don't have time to cook so we will just stop and grab something. In reality I know it is usually faster to cook something.

I use this as well. And I think, you are right. I really need to look at it from the perspective as to wether it really saves time or not.

I'm thinking I'll use my questions "How does it get better than this?" and "What else is possible?" to override those excuse habits, because how it gets better is by getting up and doing it.

I love those questions! I need to remember them for when I am feeling down.

I look like a different person this morning, as the puffiness in my entire face is gone as well as just my neck.

That sounds amazing! I might have to try this, too. I often feel like my face is really puffy.

---

My most common excuse is that I find some sort of ailment that prevents me from exercise: headache, too hot, foot hurting. While I think it is important to listen to my body and not overdo things, I also think that sometimes I get too comfortable. That's why I like the little chart about that the magic happens outside the comfort zone. I often find it difficult to leave my comfort zone. Not only when it comes to exercise, but also when it comes to social situation or new things in general.

All these "excuse" posts are really good, guys!
And @Oneanne all your appts/therapies seem so wonderful!! I'm a bit jealous, ngl

I must admit that my excuses usually revolve around housework. I usually use the "i have to workout" excuse to rationalize my procrastination. Tbh I usually let everything pile up then when I get the urge to clean, I just do it all over the course of the day. But that has kinda led to never getting to deep-clean. I just spot-clean and call it good. It's honestly embarrassing but my excuse is usually "it's just gonna get dirty again anyway". Ew.
My other excuse issue is my drinking. Yup, it just got real. I drink almost on a daily basis. I always have an excuse, whether it's bc we have friends over or if I'm in pain or sad. Or happy & celebratory. I esp know it's not good bc alcoholism runs in my family. But "I'm not a bad drunk like my mom. I'm not mean when I'm drunk" :sad2:Excuses excuses.
And double ew.
Another one is something like an addiction. When my disorder brain takes over I make every excuse to not eat. Even healthy food isn't safe. Then ofc I have to eat. If I feel even remotely full I binge. Bad. Like to the point where it hurts. My excuse is "well, you messed up by eating so you may as well make it worth it with junk" ?? This is something that only happens when I'm super depressed tho & my bf helps stop me usually.... jeez I got some issues lol

All these "excuse" posts are really good, guys!
And @Oneanne all your appts/therapies seem so wonderful!! I'm a bit jealous, ngl

I must admit that my excuses usually revolve around housework. I usually use the "i have to workout" excuse to rationalize my procrastination. Tbh I usually let everything pile up then when I get the urge to clean, I just do it all over the course of the day. But that has kinda led to never getting to deep-clean. I just spot-clean and call it good. It's honestly embarrassing but my excuse is usually "it's just gonna get dirty again anyway". Ew.
My other excuse issue is my drinking. Yup, it just got real. I drink almost on a daily basis. I always have an excuse, whether it's bc we have friends over or if I'm in pain or sad. Or happy & celebratory. I esp know it's not good bc alcoholism runs in my family. But "I'm not a bad drunk like my mom. I'm not mean when I'm drunk" :sad2:Excuses excuses.
And double ew.
Another one is something like an addiction. When my disorder brain takes over I make every excuse to not eat. Even healthy food isn't safe. Then ofc I have to eat. If I feel even remotely full I binge. Bad. Like to the point where it hurts. My excuse is "well, you messed up by eating so you may as well make it worth it with junk" ?? This is something that only happens when I'm super depressed tho & my bf helps stop me usually.... jeez I got some issues lol
Oh,honey, ((big hugs)). Good for you for putting it out there-
it’s an easy pattern to fall into. And isn’t it easier to overeat when you’ve had a drink or two? I don’t have any good advice, but that you can say you don’t like what you’re doing could be the first step to making some changes.
What works for me is having a drink on Friday evening-just one but I really enjoy it. :)
I can do excuses with the best of them-our small town only has WW meetings once a week, so I could find plenty of reasons not be able to go that day! I probably did this from March to July. Finally went July 10!

Oh,honey, ((big hugs)). Good for you for putting it out there-
it’s an easy pattern to fall into. And isn’t it easier to overeat when you’ve had a drink or two? I don’t have any good advice, but that you can say you don’t like what you’re doing could be the first step to making some changes.
What works for me is having a drink on Friday evening-just one but I really enjoy it. :) Finally went July 10!
Ty:hug:
And good job on getting to your WW meetings. Even if it's every once in a while it's better than never

Little things: well, once the kids were out of the house, and even a bit before, I pretty much stopped serving any type of bread with dinner. I've also mostly eliminated the starch from our meals. Not too much pasta or rice or potatoes. Nobody has missed it. For myself I switched from cereal at breakfast to Greek yogurt; I also have a tiny bit of oatmeal and switched from a touch of brown sugar to heaps of fruit on it. Love all those blueberries we just bought!

Excuses: well, I think I just sort of blank it out. I just go numb and shovel it in. Logging my food helps prevent this. I usually know how many calories I can "spend" and do try to stay within daily goals. Something I realized yesterday (when I had lots of calories to spend!) when I had made myself a banana split I was about halfway through it and figured out I would probably be perfectly happy with a banana with a little bit of chocolate syrup on it. I may try that one day! Doesn't it sound good?

I just opened the windows because the outside is finally cooler than our inside. Like Oneanne said, it's so smoky and it's all coming inside anyway, what's a little bit more if it brings a breeze?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter