Amazon prime Now produce

HaveKidsWillTravel

What have I gotten myself into?
we plan on ordering some goodies from amazon prime now and I was wondering how their produce is. We will probably order bananas, apples, baby carrots maybe pears. We indulge in vacation. I want to make sure we get something healthy in there!! Thanks!

We ordered from Prime Now in January. We got apple slices, grapes, and strawberries. IMHO the produce was pretty good. The only reason that we didn't get baby carrots is that is the 'side' my DD always gets with kids meals.

We did Amazon ordering last year, besides the snacks we did water. Although we have the unlimited drink cup, it's nice to have bottles of water when you don't want to walk up to the refill station or want something with an actual lid. Well worth the $$ compared to the $3.50 per bottle at the resorts/parks. I will definitely be ordering for this trip, and adding produce!! I have also read that there is also a $5 fee that the resorts are now charging to have these items delivered to the resorts. Well worth it in IMO. But just a heads up.

we plan on ordering some goodies from amazon prime now and I was wondering how their produce is. We will probably order bananas, apples, baby carrots maybe pears. We indulge in vacation. I want to make sure we get something healthy in there!! Thanks!
can you tell me where you see the Produce? When I log into my Prime Pantry account and select my Disney hotel address, I don't see any produce as options?

can you tell me where you see the Produce? When I log into my Prime Pantry account and select my Disney hotel address, I don't see any produce as options?
It’s not ‘amazon prime’ but ‘amazon prime now’. It isn’t available in all locations. For example I cannot use it in central NY but it is available in Orlando. It’s a two hour delivery window and they not only have ‘stuff’ (books toys electronics) they have grocery options like produce/dairy products/cold foods etc. It is a separate app - search for amazon prime now. Hope that helps!

It’s not ‘amazon prime’ but ‘amazon prime now’. It isn’t available in all locations. For example I cannot use it in central NY but it is available in Orlando. It’s a two hour delivery window and they not only have ‘stuff’ (books toys electronics) they have grocery options like produce/dairy products/cold foods etc. It is a separate app - search for amazon prime now. Hope that helps!
I see it now, thank you! That's exciting. We spent a pretty penny on bananas from the food court at the resorts last year. My DD must have a banana everyday. Now I can just order with the rest of our prime stuff. ;)

I see it now, thank you! That's exciting. We spent a pretty penny on bananas from the food court at the resorts last year. My DD must have a banana everyday. Now I can just order with the rest of our prime stuff. ;)
Bananas are my main goal too! My father (the Papa) has a banana a day. We’ve ordered stuff from amazon prime in the past (before prime now) and it worked out well. Excited to see how prime now works.

I plan on doing bananas too, my son can easily eat 2-3 a day lol! Not sure when your trip is, but if it's before mine in June let me know how they are!

We ordered through Prime Now during our stay in January. Our order included bananas and blueberries. I was a little doubtful before receiving the order, but the quality of both was great. I would order produce from them again without hesitation.

P.S. The prime now service alerts you when the driver is on the way if you want, and you can track the car all the way to the resort. My husband met the driver downstairs when he arrived.

Last edited:
Can I bump this thread to ask about bananas? I'm pretty picky on the color - how ripe are the ones you guys have received from Prime Now? I'd hate to get a bunch that is totally green and can't be eaten until halfway through the week.

We used Amazon for breakfast groceries during our trip in 2016 and for the life of me, I can't remember how far in advance I ordered it to be there when we arrived. We want to do this again for our trip next year. How far in advance should we order or should we just order when we arrive?

Can I bump this thread to ask about bananas? I'm pretty picky on the color - how ripe are the ones you guys have received from Prime Now? I'd hate to get a bunch that is totally green and can't be eaten until halfway through the week.

The bananas we received were perfect. They were newly ripe, exactly how we like them. No green or brown on them. They were very good. Not sure if that's what they always strive to deliver or if we just got lucky.

We used Amazon for breakfast groceries during our trip in 2016 and for the life of me, I can't remember how far in advance I ordered it to be there when we arrived. We want to do this again for our trip next year. How far in advance should we order or should we just order when we arrive?

I ordered through Amazon Prime Now the night before we wanted the groceries and selected the earliest delivery slot, 8-10am.

The bananas we received were perfect. They were newly ripe, exactly how we like them. No green or brown on them. They were very good. Not sure if that's what they always strive to deliver or if we just got lucky.

Thanks so much! We usually just stop by Publix (I love that store), but our flight arrives in the early evening this time around so I want to give a delivery service a try. I think I will go with Prime Now since we have Prime already, seems the most economical and they have pretty much everything we want.

We ordered through Prime Now during our stay in January.
Just curious -- We want to order some dairy items - milk, cheese yogurts and i am wondering if they label these different so if delivered to bell services they would know to refrigerate.

Just curious -- We want to order some dairy items - milk, cheese yogurts and i am wondering if they label these different so if delivered to bell services they would know to refrigerate.

Yes. Our cold items were in a foil, insulated, cold bag and would have been put in the fridge at bell services if my husband had not met the driver downstairs.

We ordered through Prime Now during our stay in January. Our order included bananas and blueberries. I was a little doubtful before receiving the order, but the quality of both was great. I would order produce from them again without hesitation.

P.S. The prime now service alerts you when the driver is on the way if you want, and you can track the car all the way to the resort. My husband met the driver downstairs when he arrived.
This is great to know! Wish I could do a test run before we go. Since we arrive early in the day I think I’ll wait to place the order until we get there. We don’t do parks on travel days so someone will be around to get the delivery.

If we are meeting the driver in the lobby, do we still pay the $5 fee for the resort? Not a huge deal, but we will be at the resort at time of delivery, not leaving it at the front desk so I would be a little aggravated to pay the $5 if Disney never even touched the food! lol

If we are meeting the driver in the lobby, do we still pay the $5 fee for the resort? Not a huge deal, but we will be at the resort at time of delivery, not leaving it at the front desk so I would be a little aggravated to pay the $5 if Disney never even touched the food! lol

We did not have to pay a fee when my husband went down to meet the driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!