American Girl

LostGirls

Mouseketeer
On our most recent trip to DLR, we rented a car and drove from Anaheim to American Girl in LA. My DD's are 5 & 9 and they LOVED it! I'm happy to answer any questions.......:)

You asked for questions, so here it is (ha-ha)

We are talking a San Diego/DL/Universal trip in December. We live in Illinois, so we have been to American Girl in Chicago a few times, thought it would be nice to visit LA's.

There is a day we are going to do Universal (kinda set up for now on a Monday), & thought about going there after they close (6pm). Do you know if they are open late on a Monday in Dec.? Do you have the directions to American Girl in LA (from Universal or DL). Where to park? Alot of traffic? Hard to find? Restaurants close by (not in AG)? And anything else you think would be useful.

Thanks a bunch!

I would check American Girl's web site for store hours, etc. Our hotel did "mapquest" for us for directions, and that worked out fine for us. AG is located in a very nice shopping area called "The Grove", so there is a parking garage (if you buy something, you can get parking validated, and you will want to - we spent several hours in that area, had parking validation from 2 stores, and still paid about $15.00 to park). LA traffic is notoriously bad, so I would expect that. There were several different places to eat - I remember seeing a Cheesecake Factory for sure, and then smaller type resturants (even the Nordstrom has a cafe). Try thegrovela.com. Hope that helps! :)

Not sure about the hours. I think they close at 9 but you'll of course want to check into that.

The Grove from US is super easy. Though at 6:00 you may be setting yourself up for some killer traffic. It's less then 10 miles though, so hopefully won't take you TOO long :rotfl2: . Take the 101 and exit Hollywood/Highland. You'll drive through Hollywood and then make a right on Beverly and a left on Grove Way.

To eat there is Cheesecake factory which is always crowded by probably your best bet in L.A. for celeb spotting LOL. There's also the farmers market (which would be my choice) but will likely be closed that late. There are some 'fancy' type small places and also a Woodcreek and a few other things (maybe a Baja????) near the west enterance to the parking structure (so, just behind AG place). Or of course you could make reservations for AG cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter