AMEX Add On Package Question

RIDISNEYLOVERS

DIS Veteran
We did the land/sea vacation and purchased the AMEX add on package for an additional $192.00 (per stateroom).

Let me say one thing - it was well worth the money!!

My question is - Is the 8X10 picture part of the package and how were you able to get it? Did you have a voucher? Was there something in your stateroom regarding how you go about getting it?

We got the beach bag - it is awesome. The $250.00 onboard credit came in very handy - we did spend over and above it but it was a great feeling knowing that it was already there. The 100 years of magic pin was very nice (we got this on land). We were able to get advanced reservations for Palo - helped a great deal as we had a very large group and we also took advantage of the special parade viewing at Disney MGM Stuios. Plus when we checked into our hotel we got lanyards with 2 tradeable pins. I thought the package included an 8X10 picture from shutters but we couldn't get one because we had nothing to prove that it came with our package.

Guest services said if we could prove to them that it comes with the AMEX package then they would credit us.

I am asking all of you experts that have gotten it with your package to let me know how you received your.

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

I believe it was the second day of the cruise that I received a card under the door inviting us to be part of a special AMEX group picture or use that card to receive a free 8x10 of my choice. We just brought the card to shutters and received the picture with no problems.

All that is included in the package is outlined on this page:

http://travel.americanexpress.com/t...bcid=1&vnd=9&page=1&bcr=vnd&sort=0&tpid=11524

Hopefully you will receive a credit for the picture you purchased.

Is the package really ending at the end of 2002? I really hope not, since I went to the trouble to canel, then repay my deposit with AmEx after I heard about it.

You can't imagine how bummed I was to find out that the amex package is not available for 2003. We are sailing on 1/4/03 and are just missing it. We sailed 2 times before and got the package, it was awesome. We did get a photo, palo ressies, pin, bag, captain's bridge tour, $250 onboard credit, and I am probably forgetting something, oh, discounts on CC rentals. If anyone hears of the package being reinstated, please let me know. But I did call last week and it still was not.

We don't do the Amex package, but we almost always pay for our cruise with Amex. On our three-peat, for the first time ever, we got one of the beach bags (great for hauling my stuff to the health club). Funny thing is, we only got it on one cruise out of the three! Anyone know if this normally is given for booking via Amex or if it is mainly for packages?
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I think the bag is only supposed to be for booking an actual package. We had about three other familes (3 staterooms) that paid in full with AMEX and did not purchase the package and did not get anything. The only people that purchased the AMEX add on package received the benefits. The added cost for us was $192.00 per stateroom.

It looks like you got an added benefit - however you deserve it and more!!

Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks for the reply. I called Amex and they said that my TA can't do it I had to have booked the trip through an Amex TA not just paid for it with the card.

Thanks anyway,
Lori

Lori -

I booked this land/sea package with a TA - paid for package in full with AMEX and also paid for the add on package with AMEX. The TA is not an AMEX TA.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter