An adult threatened my 6 year old

Your sarcasm notwithstanding (which - I disagree with the theory but nevertheless is true - is against the rules of the DIS Board), it's great that you've learned some lessons from the way people have been treated over the past 60 years!
Lol. I have been practicing these "lessons" for a lifetime.

I just find a little humor in it all. Reminds me of a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

If your child is African American, this is a racist comment.

If your child transitioned from Male to Female, this is a homophobic slur.

If you don't accept that people with neurodivergent disorders are allowed to say these things, you are not validating the experiences of these individuals and dismissing their deficits.

And if you write about your experience on a discussion board, you are a Karen.

There is a totem pole (can I say that?) to these situations. Who is on top? That's what you have to figure out.
So this was supposed to be humor? My detector must need adjustment.

NO ONE has said the employee statements were normal, allowed, or should be ignored.
EVERYONE has agreed the OP was right in reporting the incident (to the store).
SOME disagree on what should happen next.
IMO...
* filing a police report is WAY over the top, unnecessary, and would never even cross my mind.
* expecting the store to let you know how they've disciplined an employee is not realistic
* thinking the customer should offer (unrequested) what should happen to the employee is too much

The above is what makes someone a "Karen" (IMO of course), *NOT* posting on a message board.

As an employer I can say that she has most likely be talked to and this is noted in their employee profile. It is hard to fire an employee who is in a protected class. It is best practices to show a clear case with a few instances before letting them go. Going to management was the exact thing that needed to be done. However the business could not tell you more then it did. I would leave it alone. Go to the store if you want, spend the $20 on a treat for your kid. Explain the situation. Sometimes adults don't behave well and need to get a talking from their manager. It might be a good time to go into a little mental health education. These situations suck. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter