Anaheim Best Western for Disneyland Half

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
How is the Best Western in Anaheim (across from the park entrance)? I'm not looking for anything fancy, mostly just comfortable and clean. Last year for the DL half weekend I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, which was nice but that extra little bit of walking was just exhausting after the races and touring the parks. This will be my first year doing the Dumbo Double Dare, so I'm trying to find the best place to stay that will be very close but won't break the bank.

I haven't stayed at the Anaheim Inn, but I have stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn, which is basically at the crosswalk on Harbor to go to the Disneyland entrance plaza. I've stayed there a few times, including when I did the Disneyland Half in 2010.

I've also stayed at the Desert Inn & Suites, which is also very close to the crosswalk. It was nothing fancy but adequate for staying a few nights. I feel the same about most of the motels along Harbor near the crosswalk.

I booked at the Anaheim Camelot Inn for under $100 a night using an AAA membership ... it's right across the street from the entrance and the reviews look good. I'll only be sleeping there ... will be out in the parks either running the DDD or enjoying Disneyland while I'm there :)

How is the Best Western in Anaheim (across from the park entrance)? I'm not looking for anything fancy, mostly just comfortable and clean. Last year for the DL half weekend I stayed at the Fairfield Inn, which was nice but that extra little bit of walking was just exhausting after the races and touring the parks. This will be my first year doing the Dumbo Double Dare, so I'm trying to find the best place to stay that will be very close but won't break the bank.
Theres 2 BW across from the entrance on Harbor. The BW Park Place Inn and minisuites is the one right at the crosswalk and so it would save you some walking vs Fairfield Inn. The other BW on Harbor is BW Anaheim Inn. Its probably 4 properties or so down from the other BW. I really dont think you'd save any distance vs that one and Fairfield Inn. Its just coming in from opposite directions on Harbor. Probably about the same distance. Now the BW Stovalls Inn on Katella is closer to the corrals, but a longer walk to the parks. So thats another one to consider.

I've stayed at the BWPPI before, tough its been a few years, and we liked it. Couldn't beat the walk to the parks. Rooms were clean though a bit dark. Sofa bed was terrible. Pool was small but good enough. Breakfast was free and good. They do charge for parking. Haven't stayed at any of the other BW's but I'd consider the BW Stovalls I think for one of the race weekends.

Are you wanting the shorter walk for the parks or for the day of the race(s)? Day of the race, I'd want to be down on Katella (if not onsite). We stayed at the Ramada PLAZA (the proper hotel, not the "maingate" motel) for DL Half last year. It was a nice warmup. If I did it again I would want to be a little closer, perhaps at Anabella (love that hotel). Candy Cane Inn could be a good compromise; close-ish for the walk to the start, but then also there's a free shuttle (not ART, it's one of the few hotels in the area that had their own shuttle grandfathered in when ART came in) to the main entrance to the parks on Harbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter