And this is how the crazy people RD MK...

nat8199

DIS Veteran
We are going to spend our first morning of our trip in MK letting our kids do their favorite rides. So we will be getting there are RD to do.... the barnstormer!!!

We are going to stop at Buzz and the speedway on the way there!

This is at least a step up from our first trip when our almost three year old twins only wanted to do the carousel at RD.

After they have their fill of Barnstormer and Dumbo, we are going to slowly make our way to Epcot, where we will used our first FP+ of the trip for.... Space Ship Earth! Their next most-requested ride!

Here is my touring plan for your critique/amusement:

Arrive at MK for RD (At YC bus stop for 7:30?)

1)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
9:08am

2) Astro Orbiter
9:18am

3)
Tomorrowland Speedway
9:26am

4) The Barnstormer
9:46am

5) The Barnstormer
9:53am

6)
The Barnstormer
10:00am

7) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
10:08am

8) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
10:18am

9)
Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
10:30am

Boat to Poly and have a lunch here are either Oasis Grill or Capt Cooks.

1:30-2:30 FP+ Space Ship Earth
2:30-3:30 FP+ Soarin'
3:30-4:30 FP+ The LAND

5:30 Dinner at San Angel Inn

I think it's awesome you are following your kids' lead! And you can look forward to a margarita with dinner:) Our grandkids have never been and don't quite know what to expect or to like/not like. So I'm taking some big guesses in planning FP+ for May. I'm sure by their second trip they will have some strong opinions.

I love your schedule! :goofy:

And yes, 7:30 for the bus gives you plenty of time to make it to Buzz or even the Welcome Show and then Buzz.

We frequently RD Buzz. We ride it at least 3 times with no waits before moving on to Space Mnt and Speedway.

Then another day we'll RD BTMRR and ride it a few times too before the line builds.

I love your schedule! :goofy:

And yes, 7:30 for the bus gives you plenty of time to make it to Buzz or even the Welcome Show and then Buzz.

Thank you! We are definitely planning on watching the Welcome Show. I think my kids will love it. We might skip the future world parts, but I at least wanted to see them in my plans on Touring Plans. We might just have to run straight to Barnstormer. We will see what the kiddos want.

Oh, I've been there! I distinctly remember a RD a few years ago (this was pre-7DMT) where we were literally at the rope where they were holding people back from Fantasyland. When the rope dropped, everyone ran to Fantasyland . . . except us. We were literally the only ones heading into Storybook Circus and had Barnstormer to ourselves for 3 rides in a row. DS was thrilled and the CM's seemed happy that someone actually thought their ride was the best! DS just turned 10 and he still rides and still talks about that day!

Lol that would drive me nuts but it's most important that everyone is having fun, whatever rides that happens to be.

We are going to spend our first morning of our trip in MK letting our kids do their favorite rides. So we will be getting there are RD to do.... the barnstormer!!!

We are going to stop at Buzz and the speedway on the way there!

This is at least a step up from our first trip when our almost three year old twins only wanted to do the carousel at RD.

After they have their fill of Barnstormer and Dumbo, we are going to slowly make our way to Epcot, where we will used our first FP+ of the trip for.... Space Ship Earth! Their next most-requested ride!

Here is my touring plan for your critique/amusement:

Arrive at MK for RD (At YC bus stop for 7:30?)

1)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
9:08am

2) Astro Orbiter
9:18am

3)
Tomorrowland Speedway
9:26am

4) The Barnstormer
9:46am

5) The Barnstormer
9:53am

6)
The Barnstormer
10:00am

7) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
10:08am

8) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
10:18am

9)
Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
10:30am

Boat to Poly and have a lunch here are either Oasis Grill or Capt Cooks.

1:30-2:30 FP+ Space Ship Earth
2:30-3:30 FP+ Soarin'
3:30-4:30 FP+ The LAND

5:30 Dinner at San Angel Inn
I love this so much!

@nat8199 your attraction plans are great and similar to mine. My teenager prefers most other rides to coasters. Only difference, there's no rope drop for us. Dh and ds are night owls.

Looks like a great plan. Have fun!

Sounds fun to me!
We actually had a really similar RD plan last September.
Buzz X2
Space Mountain
Speedway
Barnstormer
Dumbo
Teacups
This was with a group of 13 aged 7-70.
Pretty much no wait for anything.
Worked great and was fun! Although Space Mountain got to me, ugh!

You know, it does make sense. You can ride the kids favorite rides multiple times without a wait! You'll be doing 9 rides in the first 2 hrs, while some people who arrive later would be stuck with that taking many hours!

Oh dear, your plan sounds a lot like how ours used to be!

My daughter is 8 now and loves the thrill rides, but that wasn't always the case and there were plenty of trips when my RD strategy consisted of beelining it to Living with the Land followed by Figment followed by "Memo". At MK, it was straight to Buzz then a jarring adventure on the TTA. AK consisted of Camp Minnie Mickey and then big thrills at Triceratops Spin. DHS was good for getting in a good cardio workout during the Toy Story Midway Mania "Walk! Don't run!" fun run. :upsidedow

Are the lines that short when you are visiting to fit your timetable? We rope dropped everybtrip but still never got in that many rides in that amount of time.

This plan makes me laugh lol

I've only been with DH so no experience with that young of kids, but we are taking our 9 yo niece next year. I'm hoping she will ride most things (she's definitely tall enough to). She doesn't know about the trip yet so we have to use our best judgement.

Our December trip I asked the kids what they wanted to do first and they chose It's a Small World, lol! We were there at 7 am for EMH and we had an entire boat to ourselves. Apparently nobody else goes on It's a Small World at 7 am!

We also took several trips on Barnstormer, hahaha.

We RD'ed Buzz twice in a row on our last trip, and enjoyed it. We also hit the People Mover and Carousel of Progress afterward. It was only after CoP that people started trickling into to Fantasyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter