Animal Kingdom After Hours and Kilimanjaro Safari

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
We are going to be attending After Hours March 12 at Animal Kingdom, and I understand they start letting people in for the event at 7pm. I tried looking for Fast Passes after 7pm and the last ones they had were showing 6:45pm. But it looks like the animal safari might run until 8pm. Can anyone confirm this, and does anyone think there's a good shot at being able to get in line after we get let in at 7pm and being able to get on the Safari before it closes for the night? Just trying to think of things to be able to get in that won't be open during the After Hours event. Thanks.

We are going to be attending After Hours March 12 at Animal Kingdom, and I understand they start letting people in for the event at 7pm. I tried looking for Fast Passes after 7pm and the last ones they had were showing 6:45pm. But it looks like the animal safari might run until 8pm. Can anyone confirm this, and does anyone think there's a good shot at being able to get in line after we get let in at 7pm and being able to get on the Safari before it closes for the night? Just trying to think of things to be able to get in that won't be open during the After Hours event. Thanks.

Per Disney’s website, attraction hours for that night go to 8pm:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/kilimanjaro-safaris/

You should have no trouble riding if you arrive with sufficient time to enter the park / walk back to the attraction.

Your date is a few days after the daylight savings time switch, so daylight will be on your side. Sunset is around 7:30pm.

Yes, we jumped on it right before they shut it down before our AH event started in Sept.
You have an hour plus the grace period on your FP's. So a 6:45 - 8:00 window with the grace period makes sense.

I would grab that FP, too! You can book a FP for a window that starts before the 7 pm entry time. So take the 6:45-7:45 FP and you should be able to go straight to the FP line. We are doing this exact same thing - my FP is for 6:40-7:40 and I do not have a park ticket, otherwise, for that day so I won't be getting in until 7 pm.

Just grabbed a 7pm one that became available! I totally forgot that it's an hour long window. Thanks everyone! This trip just keeps getting better and better!

I would grab that FP, too! You can book a FP for a window that starts before the 7 pm entry time. So take the 6:45-7:45 FP and you should be able to go straight to the FP line. We are doing this exact same thing - my FP is for 6:40-7:40 and I do not have a park ticket, otherwise, for that day so I won't be getting in until 7 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter