• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom to Epcot - How long?

goofyfamily41

Mouseketeer
Our family is spending our first day at Animal Kingdom but we have reservations at Akerhous in Epcot at 5:20 (to see Candlelight Processional later at 8:15) My question is, when using Disney transportation when do you think we have to leave AK to get to our reservation in Epcot on time?

Thanks

:cool: :D :smooth: :bounce:

We just got back last week, and I've posted my opinion about the buses elsewhere. If you're leaving the park in the last hour of its being open, I think you can expect large lines. I would allow about an hour.

Although a lot of people are fans of the buses. I didn't like them and I've read some other reviews this week from folks who were also disappointed.

My two cents,
Tom

You'll probably be leaving just before the large crowds come out for the park exit... busses to Epcot typically run every 15 minutes or so, and the actual bus ride itself is around 10 minutes.

A couple things to keep in mind.
If you are soing the CP, you may have to pick up the passes and food coupon (that is how they did it last year) the day of the event in the world showcase by the Americas. Nice hike to the other side of the park and then back around the showcase for your dinner. Make sure you allow enough time for this

My parents tried this in September. We had lunch reservations at 2:00 at the Land and my parents were at the AK. They allowed an hour and it was not enough. We left after waiting until 2:25 for them. :( It took them 1.5 hours to arrive at the land pavilion. (yes, we just missed them)

This did include having to turn in and get an ECV at both parks. But it did take them 1.5 hours to arrive and that was in the future world section.

To play it safe and to allow time to pick up your packet, I would allow 2 hours. If you have extra time, enjoy space ship earth. It is pretty slow around that time of day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter