• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Villa views/levels

ironpig70

DIS Veteran
Looking at all my options and its a pretty close race between a value suite and a villa. Only thing I dnt know is the difference in levels of the villas.

So can somebody break down the first 2 as I think I get the last 2.

1) value

2) standard

3) savannah I get you can see animals

40 club I get is some special level.

Value refers to the Size of the room. The Values are approximately 3 feet shorter from the entry to the balcony. They only exist in Jambo House and can have either a pool view, parking lot view or savanna view.

Standard View:
In Jambo House will primary overlook the Uzima Pool. There are some that have partial savanna views.
In Kidani Village may have pool view, parking lot view or a partial savanna view.

Value could also have you in a room that surrounds and looks down on the lobby
To add to what erionm said, those rooms are not part of DVC. When they converted the 5th floor of AKL to DVC, a handful of rooms were not converted and are still part of the hotel. If you look at this map the areas in white were not converted. Fortunately for DVC members, most of the rooms that face the front entrance and parking lot were not converted, they were kept as hotel rooms. They also did not convert the two suites that face Arusha.

The rooms that run along the Sunset Savanna side of the lobby are AKV Savanna View, the rooms that run along the pool side of the lobby are AKV Standard View.

The notion of standard rooms being "partial" savannah view is subjective. I had a savannah view, then 6 weeks later went back and reserved standard view. I thought the view of the savannah was just as nice from my standard view. Frankly the first thing I did was run to my computer and the Members' website to be sure they hadn't accidentally charged me wrong.

You decide.

Savannah view-

Standard view-

When do you need this reservation?
DVC rooms are difficult to get with short notice (where short in some periods means 7 months), so your options might be already limited.
Values and Concierge are difficult to get, while standard and Savannah are easier.

When do you need this reservation?
DVC rooms are difficult to get with short notice (where short in some periods means 7 months), so your options might be already limited.
Values and Concierge are difficult to get, while standard and Savannah are easier.
This thread is 3 months old. I suspect (hope!) the OP has already booked something by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter