anna and elsa wait times

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
How are the wait times for anna and elsa these days. I heard they are now in frozen 2 costumes. I have met them before but with the costume changes, this is a premium for me. Plus any times that are best ? Im going march 8-12th.

It varies tremendously. I’d say it’s often 30-40 minutes, but it could be 15 or could be an hour pretty frequently. It’s not very predictable, but mid-morning isn’t a bad time. Avoid going right after the Frozen show, as it seems like the line often spikes then.

I’m not a huge fan of Elsa’s new M&G dress; I feel like the materials look cheap... but they’re pretty much like the movie overall.

We did the meet and greet on Saturday (2/22) and only waited about 10 minutes. However, the crowds were fairly low that day, probably because of the forecasted rainy day (which didn't exactly materialize). However, Queen Anna was the only one at the meet and greet that day, Elsa was "out with Bruni in the forest". Hopefully we just showed up at the wrong time and missed Elsa.

I waited about 20 minutes in December. The Sunday after Christmas. Not too bad considering the park was super crowded that day.

I've seen pics of their Frozen 2 costumes at WDW and really don't like them. But I guess it doesnt matter what a middle aged lady thinks, lol!

How are the wait times for anna and elsa these days. I heard they are now in frozen 2 costumes. I have met them before but with the costume changes, this is a premium for me. Plus any times that are best ? Im going march 8-12th.

It’s all over the place- typically the later in the day you go, the shorter the lines. We waited about 30 minutes at 3:30 last Wednesday.

Warning- even if the app says they are both there, they may not be. This has happened to us several times, so we always ask if both queens are meeting, so I can prepare my kids. Sometimes Olaf is there. If meeting them together is a big deal for you, definitely ask the CM if they are both there, and if not, ask when they’ll be meeting together.

Their new costumes are incredible. We met them together in January for my daughter’s birthday, and Anna’s new costume is especially stunning. I swear it was actually Anna. Last week it was just Elsa, and her dress is beautiful and the actress was stunning. Sometimes the hair and the actress don’t mesh, but this young lady WAS Elsa. She was delightful with my girls and spent a ton of time with us. Definitely the highlight of our day.

We were there January 8-12. We came a few times in the afternoon and the line ups were 30 mins +. Cast members suggested we try first thing in the morning and it was a great success. We went about 20 minutes after rope drop and waiting maybe 5 minutes. Only Anna was there but my daughter was happy. She looked great in her Frozen 2 outfit - I’m not sure if I love Elsa’s Frozen 2 pant suit deal but 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 4AAE5DA9-5123-4CAE-BD8D-A8846AB3E5EB.jpeg
    4AAE5DA9-5123-4CAE-BD8D-A8846AB3E5EB.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
I would hate for one of them not to be there last time i went we met anna and elsa and on the way out we were directed to another room and met Olaf. such a bonus

We were there on 2/24 and the wait was 20 minutes at 2:30 pm. My little girl got to meet Elsa and Anna together in one room. As we were leaving, the line had grown.
My advice is to check in and if line looks ok, then wait. If not, return at another time if possible.

We were there on 2/24 and the wait was 20 minutes at 2:30 pm. My little girl got to meet Elsa and Anna together in one room. As we were leaving, the line had grown.
My advice is to check in and if line looks ok, then wait. If not, return at another time if possible.
About how deep was the line for the 20 minute wait?

I would hate for one of them not to be there last time i went we met anna and elsa and on the way out we were directed to another room and met Olaf. such a bonus

This is how it was for us the very first time we went in June. I started jumping up and down when I saw Olaf because I was not expecting it. But we’ve been multiple times since then and we’ve never seen Olaf and the girls have only been meeting together twice.

About how deep was the line for the 20 minute wait?
There are frosted glass line barricades where you wait. There was a line that extended about 1/2 to 3/4 of the length of barricades. If I had to guess, it was about 10 -12 families in front of us which makes sense because they spent about 2 minutes with my little one.
On our way out, it was extending close to where you wait for crush.

This is how it was for us the very first time we went in June. I started jumping up and down when I saw Olaf because I was not expecting it. But we’ve been multiple times since then and we’ve never seen Olaf and the girls have only been meeting together twice.
I wonder why they would be solo so often, i can undersant once in a while for a brak but it is anna and elsa meet and greet afterall

I wonder why they would be solo so often, i can undersant once in a while for a brak but it is anna and elsa meet and greet afterall
It’s usually a call-out. The Anna and Elsa actors also do multiple other characters, so occasionally one of them gets poached to fill in elsewhere since they can still run it with just one of them. I’ve always heard them warn the line when it’s just one.

Olaf isn’t cast right now, so there shouldn’t be an Olaf meeting, unfortunately. Unless they start training someone.

Be careful about eyeballing the line. It moves VERY differently if they’re running both sides vs just one. Also, their breaks tend to be long, so the line can stop for up to 15-20 minutes. This happened to us last Monday- we saw a short line of maybe a dozen people, so we hopped in just before 1, but we were planning to make the 1:30 Animation Academy. By 1:18, we hadn’t moved a muscle, so we bailed.

People are far more compelled to write reviews based on negative experiences than they are for positive ones.
I have used Prime Time in the past, and had no issues.
It’s usually a call-out. The Anna and Elsa actors also do multiple other characters, so occasionally one of them gets poached to fill in elsewhere since they can still run it with just one of them. I’ve always heard them warn the line when it’s just one.

Olaf isn’t cast right now, so there shouldn’t be an Olaf meeting, unfortunately. Unless they start training someone.

Be careful about eyeballing the line. It moves VERY differently if they’re running both sides vs just one. Also, their breaks tend to be long, so the line can stop for up to 15-20 minutes. This happened to us last Monday- we saw a short line of maybe a dozen people, so we hopped in just before 1, but we were planning to make the 1:30 Animation Academy. By 1:18, we hadn’t moved a muscle, so we bailed.
how often do they run both sides?

Olaf was there last week on Wednesday. We missed him by 5 minutes. I asked! He was on the app as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter