• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary on Ship

wink

Earning My Ears
I've read on some of the posts about birthday cakes. Do they do anything for anniversaries, and how would I let them know about it? Is there a charge for a cake?

We're celebrating our 12th anniversary on the cruise and my parents are celebrating their 25th! Certainly don't need anything extra, and really don't want anyone singing over us or a bunch of extra hoopla, but the frugal side of me hates to miss out on anything :D

yes if you tell them that an anniversary is being celebrated they will bring you a cake. It is basically the same "standard cake" as the bday one but tasty. The waitstaff will sing to you and it is a sweet gesture. Have your travel agent let DCL know or if you booked direct call or email them to let them know (and to tell them what day you would prefer to celebrate it)

I was on the Magic last week and celebrated an anniversary. I booked directly with DCL and told them that we were celebrating an anniversary when I booked the cruise. On the first night, I spoke with our server and he already knew that we were celebrating an anniversary, knew which night we were having dinner at Palo, and already arranged for a cake. The Palo server presented it to us without any hoopla and it was quite nice. On another night (semi-formal night), our server also arranged for another cake, and this time he delivered it with 5-6 other servers and sang a song at the end of the meal. It was alot of fun. I'm sure you can arrange it with them to tone it down a bit if you don't like the attention in the dining room.

By the way, there is no extra charge for the cake, but I did tip generously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter