Annivesary Dinner

chicklet2

Mouseketeer
We're making our first family trip to Aulani for my parents anniversary. I'm looking to find a nice place for an anniversary dinner for the family. I looked at options at Aulani and don't see anything that I'm looking for. Want it to be nice but not so fancy we don't know what's on the menu.A good location would be a huge plus, by the water perhaps or with a good view. There are no young children, all adults.

Any ideas?

We're making our first family trip to Aulani for my parents anniversary. I'm looking to find a nice place for an anniversary dinner for the family. I looked at options at Aulani and don't see anything that I'm looking for. Want it to be nice but not so fancy we don't know what's on the menu.A good location would be a huge plus, by the water perhaps or with a good view. There are no young children, all adults. Any ideas? Thanks :)

We actually really liked Makahiki (sp?) the buffet restaurant. Though it's not cheaper than Ama Ama. There's a restaurant across the street in that little shopping area that seemed nice. We didn't get a chance to try it but it looked decent.

Do you want to be near Aulani or are you ok with driving into Honolulu?

Nearby at the Ko Olina golf course Roy’s is really good.

There also some nice restaurants at the other nearby Ko Olina hotels. Here is the Ko Olina website it has a tab that lists all restaurant options.

http://www.koolina.com/experience/dining

Honolulu also has some great options if you are willing to drive out there.
Dukes has a great view at sunset but be sure to get a reservation in advance. http://www.dukeswaikiki.com/

Hula Grill is also great , http://www.hulagrillwaikiki.com/
but again, for both those places look up when sunset is going to be and make your reservation way in advance otherwise you wont be able to get in till later when its dark. We learned that the hard way.... but we were also there at Christmas time when it is super busy so you may have better luck if its a slower season.

Close by (walking distance) roys is fantastic- ate there are cpl weeks ago and the service was great:)

If going to honolulu I would recommend Alan wongs. Best meal on Hawaii to date:) but very expensive and advance reservations are a must (very small dining room and sought after place).

There are some nice fancier places (Ka'akai is farm to table and Ola's is on the beach) at turtle bay resort (had our wedding dinner there a cpl years ago) if you are looking for the north shore.

Hope that helps!

If going to the North Shore I would check out Haleiwa Joe's. Nice relaxed atmosphere, GREAT Prime Rib (limited quantities though).

Thanks for all the recommendations. We are willing to drive, so if them North Shore or Honolulu are best than we shall do that.The sunset views sounds nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter