Annual pass holder question

mhmcduff

mcminnie
Hi I plan to buy DVC annual passes online tomorrow for our trip starting February 18th. The question is because we activate them until we arrive will I be able to book fast passes ?? If not How can I make sure I can book fast-passes with a new annual pass?

The passes activate when you visit guest relations at the park to activate them. Even though they are not activated, you can link them to MDE and make fast pass reservations.

It's the same with regular tickets. They aren't activated until you go through a turnstile, but you can link them to MDE to make fast pass reservations 60 days out.

The passes activate when you visit guest relations at the park to activate them. Even though they are not activated, you can link them to MDE and make fast pass reservations.

It's the same with regular tickets. They aren't activated until you go through a turnstile, but you can link them to MDE to make fast pass reservations 60 days out.

Per the Ticket sticky on the Theme Parks board, APs no longer activate when picked up at GR or a ticket booth. They activate (and the year begins counting down) the first day they're used to enter a park. Thanks for small favors, right?

Per the Ticket sticky on the Theme Parks board, APs no longer activate when picked up at GR or a ticket booth. They activate (and the year begins counting down) the first day they're used to enter a park. Thanks for small favors, right?

Does this mean we no longer have to go to "Will Call" to pick up our tickets? If so, that is great news!

Does this mean we no longer have to go to "Will Call" to pick up our tickets? If so, that is great news!
I think with the DVC AP’s you still must. CM is to validate membership (blue card) and same home address (ID) for all tickets and issue your “hard card” AP.

I think with the DVC AP’s you still must. CM is to validate membership (blue card) and same home address (ID) for all tickets and issue your “hard card” AP.

Yes, my understanding is that you still need to pick up your tickets. But for example if you go to GR at DS late Sunday evening to pick up new APs, but don’t enter a park until Monday, your year starts on Monday, not Sunday. (Start date for renewals is based on start date for the original AP, so pickup date doesn’t matter.)

I had the DVC PREMIUM Pass voucher purchased last year. They always showed up in the MDE site. I was able to book my fast pass reservations 60 days out from my room reservation which was Dec 1 without activating them.
Upon arrival and prior to entering any park
I had to go to guest relations show my DVC BLUE CARD and activate them, receiving a new annual pass card. After that magic band was you need for access.

I had the DVC PREMIUM Pass voucher purchased last year. They always showed up in the MDE site. I was able to book my fast pass reservations 60 days out from my room reservation which was Dec 1 without activating them.
Upon arrival and prior to entering any park
I had to go to guest relations show my DVC BLUE CARD and activate them, receiving a new annual pass card. After that magic band was you need for access.
I love your name. That was my favorite Disney program years ago.

Anyone know offhand the price of a Platinum pass renewal? I've tried the website and its glitching all over the place for me.

For DVC off course.

I'm going back and forth on rebooking a trip that starts next week or canceling it until March or April. I have a Plat voucher but I want to save it for when I'll know I'm doing a trip that crosses into the xmas holidays. I know the gold price for if I book when a gold renewal would work, but if go near easter I might need Platinum. My AP expires Jan 15, so I need to decide what I want to do.

Anyone know offhand the price of a Platinum pass renewal? I've tried the website and its glitching all over the place for me.

For DVC off course.

I'm going back and forth on rebooking a trip that starts next week or canceling it until March or April. I have a Plat voucher but I want to save it for when I'll know I'm doing a trip that crosses into the xmas holidays. I know the gold price for if I book when a gold renewal would work, but if go near easter I might need Platinum. My AP expires Jan 15, so I need to decide what I want to do.
DVC AP prices (new & renewal rates) can be found at the bottom of this page: http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/walt-disney-world-ticket-prices/

So just because I ran into this a few days ago and had to call them....

When you link the tickets to your MDE account, there will be a lag of about 20-30 minutes before you can book your FP+ reservations.

I waited until the last minute to link my AP's, then lost out on about 25 minutes of FP+ picks. (oops).

Don't wait until the last minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter