Annual Pass Magnets Question

Disney really needs to rethink how they handle the Passholder magnet program. In theory each paid Annual Pass is eligible for a magnet. Disney would be smart to offer the options not only to pick it up in person, but also to have it picked up for you by a friend/relative with your info, or to have it sent to your home if you choose to pay for the postage. For something that's presumably supposed to foster goodwill, it creates a bad feeling when you see magnets that you are eligible for as a paid Passholder, but you live far away enough that you can't plan a trip to pick it up in person every time a new one is offered.

They do it to get people in the park. Picking it up for people not there does not get them into the park to spend money. What they could do is scan the band to verify the person is in the park if the group split up.

Last edited:
If Disney thought a magnet would be sufficient motivation to plan a vacation around, they would be optimistic to say the least. The number of Passholders who can physically pick up EVERY magnet is surely small in comparison to those who cannot. That's a lot of customers who are set up for disappointment. If an incentive creates a negative rather than a positive experience for your customers it rather defeats the purpose from a company standpoint.
How about this? Disney could take a page from their practice of offering up charges on successful free/low cost experiences . They could offer a Passholder Magnet "package" where you add X amount to your Annual Pass price to be sent every magnet offered for that year. Those who can pick their magnets up in person or don't care about the magnets don't buy the package. Disney makes more money on items that are low cost to produce, and gains funds that would have been spent by Passholders buying their magnets on ebay, and offers an opportunity to make more of their base customers happy.

Does this mean that I'm going to have to go stand in line somewhere to get the AP card? Ordered the AP online and have magic bands so I was wondering if I even needed the card at all. Does anyone know if I can get the card at guest services or do I need to go to a ticket window to get one? I really wish they would do away with the need for a seperate card - can't scanning the magic band give them all the info they need?

Does this mean that I'm going to have to go stand in line somewhere to get the AP card? Ordered the AP online and have magic bands so I was wondering if I even needed the card at all. Does anyone know if I can get the card at guest services or do I need to go to a ticket window to get one? I really wish they would do away with the need for a seperate card - can't scanning the magic band give them all the info they need?

You can get the AP card at guest services. For the magnet, they scan your band & check your ID. You don’t need the AP card except for discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter