• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass question

kkzarnld

Earning My Ears
How and when do we activate our annual pass? We booked our hotel at a reduced rate because we purchased an annual pass so do I have to activate it prior to check-in?

It is my understanding that all you need is the VOUCHER for the AP. You activate the VOUCHER at guest services at any of the 4 theme parks and it starts that day you activate it, not the day you bought the voucher. You can buy an AP(voucher) online, or at your local Disney store. We also booked a room with an AP rate and we will purchase it(the voucher) at the Disney store near us. Remember, you only need to purchase 1 adult AP if the main reason you bought it was to get the resort discount. That was my main reason for getting an AP and we are only going to buy one. Also, if you have a DC card, you get a discount on the AP. Hope this helps, I'm sure if I've given any false info, someone here will correct me, but I'm 99% sure that I am right!:D

We already have our reservations for next month. If we purchase an annual pass, could we get the room discounted (ASM)?

I would definately call and ask them to switch your ressie to a AP discount. I think th rate for ASMo is $59. If you already have that rate or less, then I wouldn't bother, but if you didn't, then lucky you, you may be able to save some money. I can't hurt to call and ask! Good luck

The AP discount is not automatic. They allegedly only have a certain number of rooms available with an AP discount, so you will have to call them. Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter