Annual pass questions

Ok here’s a question Can I renew my pass but have it become valid on my first visit with the new annual pass? Or is it the same renewal date as my first annual pass?

Renewals are just that - renewing the pass to keep it active for another year. Renewals keep the same expiration month and day of the original - but the year is extended by 1.

If you aren't going to use the renewed pass for a few months, it may not make much sense to renew. Rather, just wait and get a new pass for your next trip (assuming it still makes sense to get one).

Steve

Is it likely that Disney would continue to offer significant resort discounts for AP holders even if discounts for general public decrease??? We are concerned that with so many new attractions and the Anniversary approaching Disney might not have any real need to offer discounts to fill rooms....however room discounts are a significant perk for AP holders.

Is it likely that Disney would continue to offer significant resort discounts for AP holders even if discounts for general public decrease??? We are concerned that with so many new attractions and the Anniversary approaching Disney might not have any real need to offer discounts to fill rooms....however room discounts are a significant perk for AP holders.
They are going to be higher than any general public discount, even if lower than current ap discounts are running

Yea, that's what I was saying. I guess it didn't come off across that way. You can get FPs for all onsite stay days (including check in, check out), but once you go off site, that limit kicks in.
Just to be clear, you don't get future FPs for onsite stays plus 7 days off site. You can hold FPs for a total of 7 days or the length of your onsite stay(s).

Also have a question. We will be at WDW in July and I plan on buying APs. If I buy them prior to 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ at 60 days (we will be on-site), even though the APs will not be activated until we arrive in July?

Also have a question. We will be at WDW in July and I plan on buying APs. If I buy them prior to 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ at 60 days (we will be on-site), even though the APs will not be activated until we arrive in July?
yes.
We did that last year. This year our AP expire just before our trip and the renewal lets us book FPs at 60 days.

Ok here’s a question
1. Can I renew my pass but have it become valid on my first visit with the new annual pass?
2. Or is it the same renewal date as my first annual pass?
1. No.
2. (Just one year later.) THAT is what makes it a "renewal."

Renewals are just that - renewing the pass to keep it active for another year. Renewals keep the same expiration month and day of the original - but the year is extended by 1.

If you aren't going to use the renewed pass for a few months, it may not make much sense to renew. Rather, just wait and get a new pass for your next trip (assuming it still makes sense to get one).

Steve
very true.
the discount on the renewal is nice, but you need to be using it close to the time that your other pass expires. Otherwise you lose a lot of time on the pass without using it.

very true.
the discount on the renewal is nice, but you need to be using it close to the time that your other pass expires. Otherwise you lose a lot of time on the pass without using it.
Right. Our rule is that we don't take the 15% renewal discount if our next trip is 2 full months or more away. We've done the math!

The time table finally caught up to us this year. In the past, we have gotten 3 trips out of our APs and TiW card. This year our AP expires 3 days before our trip starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!