Annual Passes

noblemickey

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have had annual passes for six years until Disney changed the deal. We are going down to WDW on December 3rd and are unsure how we can purchase new annual passes that day and not have to pay for parking to get in to one of the parks where annual passes are sold. Does anyone have a relatively uncomplicated way to accomplish this? Thank you.

You can purchase your passes at Guest Services at the Downtown Disney Marketplace. You won't have to pay for parking there and will have your pass to park in the parking lots at the parks afterward!

Hi noblemickey!

If you are flying in, you could purchase your AP at the Disney Store that is in the Orlando airport. You get a your activated pass - not a voucher there. Also, if you have the Disney Club Card - you can use it there too!
Hope that this helps! :)

i've talked to a bunch of people about getting annual passes because we are going to do so ourselves this december. they said the best way and most effecient is to order them online at wdw.com or if you are in the disney club like us, thru them. you get a voucher and then get your pass when you get there. that way all the paperwork is filled out and that's it.

good luck!

You also used to be able to get 'vouchers' at the disney stores.

In any event- if you do get 'stuck' going to a park without an activated AP- i'd bet if you explain yourself to the cm at the gate- they'd let you in without paying.

Another way of doing it:

Bring your parking receipt to the park Guest Relations window when you buy your AP. Tell them you paid for parking that morning and would like it credited to the pass. They will apply the parking fee you paid to the pass.

This usually works: Park at a resort (other than Polynesian, Contemporary or Grand Floridian where you usually get only a 3 hour permit) and take the bus to the park where you plan to go first. Buy your annual pass there.

If you already got your voucher for the annual pass, you already paid so they cannot credit the parking fee towards it. If you got to the toll booth by mistake, ask them to show you to the exit so you can park at a resort or Downtown Disney instead, don't get out money to pay for parking here. Also mention that you are buying an annual pass.

Other Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

If you have the voucher when you arrive at the toll booth, you can show it to the CM and you shouldn't have to pay for parking.

If you don't have the voucher and are staying at one of the on-site Disney hotels or at the Swan/Dolphin, you will have free parking in the parks also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter