Another aging up and sharing question

teacup princess

DIS Veteran
We are going for free dining in July for 6 days. It will be my DH and myself, 3 teens, and a child- all kids are pretty bland eaters so we will be doing a lot of buffets and burgers. We are able to let the kids go much of the time this trip and DH and I enjoy our own pace so I’m wondering if we could age up the child credits to adult credits but then pay out of pocket for her child meals and DH and I use those TS credits for ourselves to enjoy more adventurous restaurants and the hungry teen boys use the extra CS for more snacks. I know it probably won’t be an issue at CS but at TS will they let us skip her credit and then use 2 of her credits at the same time at another place?

Credits are not assigned to a person, but are pooled to the room. Which also means your Hoover’s could use all the snack credits in a day.

what you want to do feasible. Up to you if it is worth it or not.

We are able to let the kids go much of the time this trip and DH and I enjoy our own pace so I’m wondering if we could age up the child credits to adult credits but then pay out of pocket for her child meals and DH and I use those TS credits for ourselves to enjoy more adventurous restaurants and the hungry teen boys use the extra CS for more snacks.

You can definitely do this. However, another poster called to do so and the difference in price was around $150 (not sure of party make up, but sounded like family of 4). If you do this, the new ticket prices will be applied to all of your tickets, so it won't be just the $20 difference between the child and adult ticket. It will be that PLUS the difference in price of old and new tickets for ALL of you.

You can definitely do this. However, another poster called to do so and the difference in price was around $150 (not sure of party make up, but sounded like family of 4). If you do this, the new ticket prices will be applied to all of your tickets, so it won't be just the $20 difference between the child and adult ticket. It will be that PLUS the difference in price of old and new tickets for ALL of you.

OH NO - I have been meaning to call to age up my two younger ones and I obviously should have done it last week. Ugh.

Edit: Well, hopefully this doesn't mess things up but I just added my kids as new guests with ages of 10 and removed them with their younger ages. It let me do so and the upcharge was $19 or so per kid for a total of about $38, so no new ticket prices. Which kinds of makes sense if you already have a reservation.

Last edited:
I really think that poster had upgraded their dining and didn't know or think about it when crunching the numbers. As I recall when I change ppl. on my package, as long as the lead guest stays the same they shouldn't have to cancel/rebook. I think they probably got free qs dining, upgraded to to ddp and then didn't figure in the difference when aging up the child.

When we had free DDP we always aged up our DD. It's a great deal. She didn't care for kids meals so she used those credits a lot of the time, but regardless of WHO uses them I think it's worth it.

When you call to do this what do you say? Do you explain? Thanks

I tried to call but I was on hold so long that I gave up. What I ended up doing was removing my two kids as guests and adding new guests in my kids’ names but assigning them the age of 10 instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter