Another DINK Question...

4Gus-Gus&Figaro

<font color="blue">Travel Addict and </font><font
msuspartan's (Yay Sparty!) question prompted this one...

Ironically, my husband and I were discussing something very similar about 15 minutes before I saw the "DINK" thread. :scratchin

How many DINKs are planning on trying for the 2006 Member Cruise? We are contemplating it, but on one of the DVC cruise threads, it appears that many of the hopeful (Determinined? :) ) attendees are parents of young children. I guess that we're a bit worried that we won't have much in common with our shipmates - except, of course, our fanatical love of all things Disney. ::MickeyMo

Sorry if this is a semi-stupid question/topic. We are really agonizing over this Member Cruise, and I'm just trying to pull in as much information as possible. And, Hey?, what's a little public humiliation in the name of research? :o

Karen

My DH and I have visited WDW each year, sometimes twice, since the MK opened in 71. We just loved the "Magic" and had no problem going to WDW.

There is soooo much to enjoy and minimally stayed 10 days. We would visit a park in the AM or PM..spend the mornings/afternoons @ the pool relaxing, nap, resort hop, spa, golf, horseback riding, dinner shows, go fishing on Bay Lake, take some Disney tours...and plan "wonderful" meals.

Would we have considered a DC?? I don't think so....yes there are, I'm told, adult portions of the ship.... but with the confines of a ship...IMHO....
......I would rather be on an "adult ship" and have a marvelous, quiet, romantic cruise!! ;) Oh...and for probably less $$$!! :goodvibes

Hi Karen :wave:

We are DINKS and no we won't be doing the DVC member cruise. But we won't be doing it because of the high price, not because of the kiddos.

We are going on our second cruise this Christmas. I am not sure how many kids will be on this cruise because it leaves on 12/22, but it really does not matter to us. We went in March of 04 and the children did not bother us in the least (and believe me, kids can and do get on our nerves!).

DCL provides so many 'kid-free' areas that we felt that if we needed to get away, we had a place to go. Our dinner seating was with another childless couple and a grandpa and his 11 year old grandson. What a pleasure it was to share meals with these people. DCL seemed sensitive to place appropriate matches for the dining experience. I would NOT have been happy to be placed at a table with a family of 5 with small children. Yuck! Also, we chose late seating, which really helps. We were very comfortable on the ship and the same great service that you recieve at WDW is magnified many times on DCL.

In conclusion, I would not stay away from DCL because of the 'family' atmosphere. Let us know what you decide.

We are DINKS and will be trying for the Member Cruise. It will be our third. On the last one we were at a table of 10 and it was all couples. I believe we were the only ones without any kids of our own. The others had grown children or teens that they left at home.

The Member Cruises really tend to have less children than a regular 4 day cruise. Great for both the adults but also for the kids as they had more attention in the clubs. The only downside was Serenity Bay is more crowded on a Member Cruise than we've found on our other cruises.

We would love to do the member cruise, but not next year. My DH and his bros are planning to run in the Chicago Marathon which is during the same time. Usually the Chicago Marathon is the second weekend in October, but next year they moved it much later. What rotten luck!

No member cruise for us in 2006 as our points will be used for a return trip to Tanzania.

We were on the past member cruise and had a blast, thanks to the Wonderful DIS folks and DVC. Yes you can get away frlom the kids as necessary. And to reinterate what Mary said there seems to be a fewer number of kids on the member cruises due to teh time of the year.

No cruise for us. We're borrowed to the hilt on points as it is and don't really have the cash to payout because we want to put an addition on our house sometime next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter