Another Disney Store closing

DOPEY44

Earning My Ears
The Disney store in Media, Pa. will be closing in January.
My DW was a cast member there from opening in April 1994 till Aug. 2000.
Unsold merchandice will be shipped to other stores.
The CM's will find it hard to relocate because of the hiring freeze.

Another piece of Disney disappearing!

Is this the store at Granite Run Mall? That's the one that had a pretty Belle above one of the registers. I will miss this store for sure.:(

From what I remember, weren't the store closings, although not specific stores, announced over a year ago?

Yes, they were, but it's still disappointing to have your local store close. :( :(

Is there any indication as to when these closings will be finished? I've been keeping a wary eye on the ones close to us particularly since they show no sign of any remodeling plans.

Sorry that you lost your store. :(

The DS in the Oak Brook mall recently moved to a location with about 40-50% less space. There are several interactive kiosk areas with computer software and the space looks a bit cleaner visually, though the traffic flow was more difficult for a stroller with narrower pathways. The merchandise types and mixes seemed about the same, though the space for plush was somewhat smaller.

I have no idea whether these changes will be extended to the remaining Disney Sores or what the overall strategy is, but I thought I would share here.

DanG

I have noticed that our DS has cut way back on merchandise, especially adult things. It's really a shame :(

Wait wait wait, the Oakbrook Store moved?!?!
When I was there over the Weekend of Oct 26th, it was still in the old location with the old design. The Woodfield Mall Store however was closed with a new location. the CMs claimed it was a larger location.
In Portland, Washington Square Mall has the new style and Lloyd center has the old style. WS Mall has some pretty good adult merchandise.

Yoho, the store moved literally three storefronts down, same side of mall. I went this last weekend so I am not sure of the actual move date. I had seen they were building out the new location over the last couple of months.

While not as appealing a retail location, the reduction in space has to be a fair amount cheaper.

DanG

Hm. Is it the new Design?

The Woodfield mall was going to be the new Design.

The store I worked at for 2 years in Duluth MN is closing on....get this, Dec 26th. Yes, the day after Christmas. I wonder who in the company is the brainchild behind this decision.

This Disney Store in Old Orchard in Skokie, IL was changed to an all children's Disney Store. It is terrible. There is nothing for adults there at all! Is this happening to all the stores or just some? It's sad.
jennifer

My impression has been that all the stores have been getting predominantly Children's Merchandise, BUT the new store out here in Oregon has adult stuff again, so I'd just wait.

I'm really curious to see how many Disney Stores the Chicagoland area ends up with given that last year they had like 10.

This is what I heard from a CM at our nearby TDS......
There will be a certain number of TDS that will be remodeled into the "new design". Then a certain number that will become strictly "kids" stuff, and some that will become "home" stores (including bedding, kitchen stuff, etc.)
The kids stores will be a new design and have alot more toys and interactive stuff.
I have not heard if they will keep any of the stores as is, with merchandise for "everyone"?
the one near us is a "spotlight" store, which means they are a higher volume store so they get twice the amount of stuff. But from what I've seen nothing different or special. Except maybe Gallery items (cels and WDCC).
Only time will tell what they are going to do.........seems like they simply can't make up their minds!!! Business is still bad and they are scrambling to do something in order to save the TDS from going under.

<sigh> I walked into a local mall today with high hopes for getting some gifts for children and adults at the Disney store. It has been revamped to mostly children stuff I used to love and buy the collectible stuff ornaments etc.

Lots of Buzz and Woody and Monsters Inc. I couldnt even find a nice Mickey sweatshirt for my son easily they were stuck in a corner. Yuck. The quality wasnt that great on stuff either. Everything was on sale up to 50% off. made me think that even though the store had been restyled it may close. I like the old Disney stores much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter