Another dumb airport question-Bradley/Hartford

monorailsilver

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has used the new Lot-Parking Lot 1 Express Shuttle Lot? Or even Lot 2?

We just flew in April and I dropped my mom off in January and February you would think I would of paid attention as I drove away but nooooo....

My dh prefers to park in the garage, he is a snob and he likes the garage for the ease of walking out and in the winter if he has to travel for the snow factor. In April he drove right to the top and we parked right next to the elevator so his logic of wanting the car to be covered for all the years just went down the drain on our April trip.

So now we are flying in August and I am looking to save a little vs spending the nearly $200 to park for 11 3/4 days.

Google doesn't have an updated lot picture but I can see where it is (both lots) but I am wondering if you walk outside or in thru the terminal/Sheraton. My dh stayed at the Sheraton in April/March (when it snowed and we lost power and I was stuck at home running the generator and not him...yeah yeah sob story) and he said it was so nice to just walk from there. We are not staying at the Sheraton-no availability, we have 5 of us and they only sleep 4 plus their daily parking fee is crazy.

I just PDF'd the coupon for the new lot for one free night so I am hoping that convinces him to try it. We are all able bodied and can walk, if my mom was with us like in April we would just park in the garage as it is an easier walk for her. We are also arriving at the airport by around 5:30am :scared: for a 7am flight-it just changed from 7:45 to earlier, 2nd time, I am thrilled....And our return arrives around 11:30 pm.

Thanks

I cant comment on that lot, but we have used LAZ parking numerous times. Its offsite but ridiculously quick and you can park for under $40 for a week. The lots are so close to BDL I would never pay to park onsite there. One of the few perks to me about flying out of Hartford is the cheap parking! (We live in southwest CT and NYC parking at the airports much more expensive!)

I cant comment on that lot, but we have used LAZ parking numerous times. Its offsite but ridiculously quick and you can park for under $40 for a week. The lots are so close to BDL I would never pay to park onsite there. One of the few perks to me about flying out of Hartford is the cheap parking! (We live in southwest CT and NYC parking at the airports much more expensive!)

Trying to make an old dog try new tricks. Seriously my husband is a stubborn mule. He is spoiled, although he says I am, because he parks in the garage for work and well work pays.

A few years ago, I think we stayed at the Holiday Inn at the end of the runway and I think we could of done the stay and park there but no....We didn't pay for the room and used his points and paid for parking $200 later....

He has no desire to take a shuttle, yet years ago he/we used to. If he did, we would save so much money. It's not like our kids can't pull their own bags, they have been doing it ever since they were able to not bump into people. I do think me telling him about the new lot is making him think though. But the early flight and late arrival make him cringe.

And it's not like when we fly in April to Ft. Myers we get off the plane and hop right in a car. We have to walk over to the car rental area and usually have to wait for the car to come out.

Oh and if you ever fly out of HPN, check the parking at SUNY, my aunt parks there all the time and it's cheap! I love that airport, we only flew out of there once when my kids were 7, almost 5 and 2 1/2. My dad drove us the 1/2 drive (I grew up in Trumbull), so easy!

Galaxy self park right across the terminal is affordable and easy. Sent you a PM!

Thanks for the info

Trying to make an old dog try new tricks. Seriously my husband is a stubborn mule. He is spoiled, although he says I am, because he parks in the garage for work and well work pays.

A few years ago, I think we stayed at the Holiday Inn at the end of the runway and I think we could of done the stay and park there but no....We didn't pay for the room and used his points and paid for parking $200 later....

He has no desire to take a shuttle, yet years ago he/we used to. If he did, we would save so much money. It's not like our kids can't pull their own bags, they have been doing it ever since they were able to not bump into people. I do think me telling him about the new lot is making him think though. But the early flight and late arrival make him cringe.

And it's not like when we fly in April to Ft. Myers we get off the plane and hop right in a car. We have to walk over to the car rental area and usually have to wait for the car to come out.

Oh and if you ever fly out of HPN, check the parking at SUNY, my aunt parks there all the time and it's cheap! I love that airport, we only flew out of there once when my kids were 7, almost 5 and 2 1/2. My dad drove us the 1/2 drive (I grew up in Trumbull), so easy!

Thanks for the info

Thanks for reminding me- I just booked parking for White Plains at the SUNY lot this morning. We are flying out of there for our upcoming trip and the 32 or 33 a day at the airport is just INSANE! :)

Flew to WDW in November. My DS dropped his family & luggage off with us at the SW terminal and then parked in the open lot just past the garage on the left. Flew out early
Sat morning (7:30 flight) back late the following Sat (got in after midnight). Cost with the one day free coupon was around $50-60 and it took about 15 minutes to park & walk back to the terminal and a few minutes longer to walk to the car, check out and drive to the arrivals pick up. Very easy and wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

Last edited:
Flew to WDW in November. My DS dropped his family & luggage off with us at the SW terminal and then parked in the open lot just past the garage on the left. Flew out early
Sat morning (7:30 flight) back late the following Sat (got in after midnight). Cost with the one day free coupon was around $50-60 and it took about 15 minutes to park & walk back to the terminal and a few minutes longer to walk to the car, check out and drive to the arrivals pick up. Very easy and wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

That is what I am leaning towards, that lot just past the garage. But my dh won't have to do the loop and drop us all off. He can park and we can all grab a bag and go.

Thanks.

I think its a great set up. My grandkids were too young to troupe them all in any kind of organized manner (8,6 & 5 months) not to mention baby's car seat and a booster for the 6 year old!! Dh and I don't use it because we only live 10 minutes from Bradley and have a good friend with whom we swap rides to the airport. But if we had to leave a car, that's where we'd leave it!

I think its a great set up. My grandkids were too young to troupe them all in any kind of organized manner (8,6 & 5 months) not to mention baby's car seat and a booster for the 6 year old!! Dh and I don't use it because we only live 10 minutes from Bradley and have a good friend with whom we swap rides to the airport. But if we had to leave a car, that's where we'd leave it!

I remember traveling with 2 strollers and my then 4 and 2 yo and one car seat. I made my 2 yo walk thru the airport and put his car seat on the stroller. Repeat that step a few years later but with 3 kids-7, almost 5 and 2 and yep the 2 yo walked while her car seat sat in the stroller which we only brought one sit and stand that trip.

They have been flying yearly for the past 6 years (currently 17, 14 and 12) and believe me if they wanted their carry on with all their crap which was their school back pack they had to carry it! The older 2 for sure rolled their suitcases and I am sure my then 6 yo did too. But my kids are not runners and never were so I never was too concerned with that. I am more concerned that my 14 yo still loves to pick up peoples garbage from the ground!!! But he is the only boy.

Yes, the three boys 8,7(another grandchild but not in my son’s car) and 6 all had rolling bags for which they were responsible. Actually my favorite photo of the trip!

Just realized how sad that is that a picture of the airport is my favorite :-(

Attachments

• 18C622B1-DC35-414E-8928-528B1529A2B2.jpeg
    18C622B1-DC35-414E-8928-528B1529A2B2.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Just curious if anyone has used the new Lot-Parking Lot 1 Express Shuttle Lot? Or even Lot 2?

We just flew in April and I dropped my mom off in January and February you would think I would of paid attention as I drove away but nooooo....

My dh prefers to park in the garage, he is a snob and he likes the garage for the ease of walking out and in the winter if he has to travel for the snow factor. In April he drove right to the top and we parked right next to the elevator so his logic of wanting the car to be covered for all the years just went down the drain on our April trip.

So now we are flying in August and I am looking to save a little vs spending the nearly $200 to park for 11 3/4 days.

Google doesn't have an updated lot picture but I can see where it is (both lots) but I am wondering if you walk outside or in thru the terminal/Sheraton. My dh stayed at the Sheraton in April/March (when it snowed and we lost power and I was stuck at home running the generator and not him...yeah yeah sob story) and he said it was so nice to just walk from there. We are not staying at the Sheraton-no availability, we have 5 of us and they only sleep 4 plus their daily parking fee is crazy.

I just PDF'd the coupon for the new lot for one free night so I am hoping that convinces him to try it. We are all able bodied and can walk, if my mom was with us like in April we would just park in the garage as it is an easier walk for her. We are also arriving at the airport by around 5:30am :scared: for a 7am flight-it just changed from 7:45 to earlier, 2nd time, I am thrilled....And our return arrives around 11:30 pm.

Thanks
Having flown out of BDL many times I have used Executive parking .They have many discount coupons which can bring the cost down to 100-120 for ten days. They shuttle you to the airport and have the van waiting usually for the return drive back. The best part is in the winter they have your car brushed off and all warmed up for you.Plus they handled the luggage for us

I wish you all could convince my dh. Since it's crappy weather wise today and maybe when our kids wake up-yes they are still asleep at 9:30, and they do realize they will be up at 4-4:30 in 39 days for our 7am flight.....but maybe we will take a drive up there today and he can look at the other lots.

Seriously he is stubborn. I even said "you used to take a shuttle" and his reply was "there was no garage then." I am thinking he will at least park in one of the closer lots!

I wish you all could convince my dh. Since it's crappy weather wise today and maybe when our kids wake up-yes they are still asleep at 9:30, and they do realize they will be up at 4-4:30 in 39 days for our 7am flight.....but maybe we will take a drive up there today and he can look at the other lots.

Seriously he is stubborn. I even said "you used to take a shuttle" and his reply was "there was no garage then." I am thinking he will at least park in one of the closer lots!
hope he can pick somewhere he is comfortable with! I suggested making a ressie at the Sheraton through airportparkingreservations at a amazing price for a garage attached to the terminal.... it wont allow you to choose Sheraton if there are no spots available. Check out all options and Good luck choosing what feels best for you family!!!! Happy Sunday!

hope he can pick somewhere he is comfortable with! I suggested making a ressie at the Sheraton through airportparkingreservations at a amazing price for a garage attached to the terminal.... it wont allow you to choose Sheraton if there are no spots available. Check out all options and Good luck choosing what feels best for you family!!!! Happy Sunday!

We went yesterday-dh wanted Rits's so that was about 2/3 of the way up!

He seemed satisfied with Lot 1 & 2. I even made him get off the hotel exit (I forget that route) and I kept saying "Look $6.95/day" at the Lazfly lots and he said one of the VPs likes to park at Roncari so I was trying for that one too when we drove by. I am aiming for Lot 2. He said he would drop us off so we don't have to walk but we need to wake up so the walking will be good for us! So at least Lot 1&2 are cheaper then the garage.

His response yesterday was "I like to just be able to walk out to the terminal." He has never been to JFK!

OP, you should also keep an eye on Groupon - the Sheraton garage often runs specials for parking there. I bought a groupon back in March for 7 days of parking for $34 at the garage. BDL is one of the best airports in the area for parking; you really can't go wrong. Good luck!

OP, you should also keep an eye on Groupon - the Sheraton garage often runs specials for parking there. I bought a groupon back in March for 7 days of parking for $34 at the garage. BDL is one of the best airports in the area for parking; you really can't go wrong. Good luck!
agree! and we us airportparkingreservations and wait for a 6, or 7 dollar off coupon. last april it was 66.00 for 8 days of parking. SSweeettttt

Thanks.

I was looking today on Groupon but for a hotel in April on singer island.

What we liked about the on site parking, coming in very late with 4 small children, was our son's ability to go get the car while we got the luggage. I THINK it took less time to walk to the car, pay & drive over than a shuttle would have. By the time he was back, we had all the luggage off the carousel and the car seats ready and waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!