Another Galaxies Edge question

meliss1214

Earning My Ears
I am currently planning a trip for December 7-13 for my 40th birthday and to celebrate a 200 pound weight loss. Needless to say, I want it to be perfect. I have no Star Wars interest and no desire to see Galaxies Edge, but realize there is a real chance the area could be brand new or even opening that weekend. My question is, based on prior openings, how were the other parks effected? Are all of the parks going to be super busy or will it be mainly DHS?

One word.
Busy.

Unless you are an AP holder/local resident...
Statistically, only a tiny percentage of guests go to WDW and only visit one park

Sadly I have a same feeling. It's going to be incredibly busy. I'm going the week after the OP and I'm planning on changing my dates to before GE opens. Just have to wait and see when it opens, which I feel like millions of people are doing to finalize plans.

I am cautiously following too. We booked 12/3-12/7 and will probably cancel if it is open during those dates:( Were DVC so it’s hard for us to change our dates since studio availability is usually very limited in the fall.

I am currently planning a trip for December 7-13 for my 40th birthday and to celebrate a 200 pound weight loss. Needless to say, I want it to be perfect. I have no Star Wars interest and no desire to see Galaxies Edge, but realize there is a real chance the area could be brand new or even opening that weekend. My question is, based on prior openings, how were the other parks effected? Are all of the parks going to be super busy or will it be mainly DHS?

COngrats on the weight loss!!!!

I have a tentative trips booked starting the 6th, and also am not at all interested in GE, however I believe that no matter the opening date, the parks are going to be very busy during the last quarter of the year. I am not sure that moving your trip by a few weeks will matter much, especially given that we see here that a lot of people are booking early to avoid GE, booking later trying to experience GE, and many simply book when convenient (me) and go when the dates work.

If your goal is to avoid crowds and your trip falls when GE is slated to open, you just need a decent plan. No trip is perfect, so please do not set the bar so high you that you will be disappointed. Look at your days and work out a touring pan that helps to avoid the worst of the crowds.

I will predict that the first couple of hours after park opening DHS will be manageable (aside from Galaxy's Edge) also the other 3 parks will be easily manageable until around 1pm.
This is when I predict people get tired of waiting to get into GE or did the GE attractions and are venturing our to the other parks.
A good solid plan, rope drop/late night, reasonable expectations and you can have an amazing trip even with all the craziness

I will predict that the first couple of hours after park opening DHS will be manageable (aside from Galaxy's Edge) also the other 3 parks will be easily manageable until around 1pm.
This is when I predict people get tired of waiting to get into GE or did the GE attractions and are venturing our to the other parks.
A good solid plan, rope drop/late night, reasonable expectations and you can have an amazing trip even with all the craziness
I don’t know I think it’s too early to say. People may want to spend a good majority of time in SWGE with things outside attractions.

I think it's impossible to say until we see how they are going to handle the opening.

There's the possibility that the land will open, and have to shut down access to the land when it reaches capacity each day. If that happens, yes I believe that all of the folks who crowded into HS to try and get into SWGE will filter back into HS and the other parks because they were shut out.

There's the possibility that for the first days/weeks/months of SWGE it will be hard ticket entry only - in which case the other parks would see a SLIGHT uptick from people who came specifically to see SWGE but don't usually try and go to WDW, so they will use the opportunity to visit the other parks too.

There's probably other scenarios that haven't been thought of by everyone speculating - the reality is that between the combined existing SW fan base (who may or many not normally even approach Disney) and the anticipation that has built up over this new land, it's got potential to be like nothing the parks have ever seen before. I think WDW folks are watching DL closely to see how it's handled and what the crowd response is.

Wow, congratulations! Sure, it's going to be busier than other years, but there are lots of things you can do to make it Magical. Last year was our first time at Disney during the Christmas season, and it was amazing! Here's what we did to avoid crowds. Many of these tips are things we liked even better than being in the parks:
-Save yourself the extra cost of an additional day of tickets and spend a day visiting the lobbies of each resort for free :) - it's a great way to escape the crowds and so enjoyable.
-Rent a golf cart or walk around at the campgrounds at night to see the incredible displays on different sites.
-Relax around the pool during the afternoon when everyone else is jammed into the parks.
-Since you already know your dates, you will have the advantage of making dining reservations before the SWGE crowd even know when opening day is - you will beat the rush for reservations! I highly recommend a dinner package for the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Our package was at Biergarten. Stunning atmosphere and meal for Christmas...

Anyway, have an awesome time! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!