Another great trip to Toronto!

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
Bon Jovi was awesome! The amphitheatre was a great venue. Thank you for all your help & advice pre-trip. Everyone in Toronto was so nice to us. Several people even stopped on the streets to help us when they could tell we were searching for something!

I do have to report though that Customs Officers seemed really stern and unfriendly this time. When I responded that we were vacationing, she said "why... would you vacation in Toronto?" Seemed kind of odd to me. I was actually nervous when I approached after watching everyone in front of us receive the same grilling. :rolleyes:

The Lion King was awesome, Niagra Falls worth the trip although the traffic down was horrible :( , shopping in Kensington, Chinatown & Queen Street were great. Not overly impressed with the Sheraton :( Didn't hold a candle to the Crowne. We did see a lot more homeless people this time... probably a result of staying more toward the center of town and the fact that's so warm outside. They were very nice when you didn't give them money though, some saying, "have a good weekend." :(

We had a terrific time and I really hope the city can rebound from the devastating financial impact from SARS. It still seemed to be front page news locally :(

Sorry to hear about Customs, with an attitude like that!:rolleyes:

You give some people a little bit of authority!LOL

Well hopefully with the Rolling Stones et al doing there benefit Concert will help!

Like they say, time heals all wounds!

Scratch
:smooth:

Glad you had a good time :p What an odd thing for the customs agent to say ... such a bad attitude :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that things will pick up with the Rolling Stones concert as well. Sounds like there are a lot of people going to the concert :)

Were those the American customs people or the Canadian customs people? I'm assuming American but you can never tell.

Thanks for visiting here. We really appreciate your business. Did you buy anything interesting on Queen Street? They sure have some neat stores!

I assumed they were Canadian customs' agents since we were entering.

We bought so much stuff... oh my. It's amazing how much you can spend in 3 days :) Even DD15 blew through every dime she took (approx $120US) and was borrowing by the time we left! She really liked Kensington... bought some vintage things including camouflage pants & several unusual t-shirts. And she bought Hard Rock shirts from all 3 locations (Younge St, Skydome & Niagra Falls.) And of course we bought outrageously expensive T-shirts at the concert :(

I will be back in April for a business trip. I'm going back to the Crowne :p They spoil you there. A co-worker is planning a trip to Montreal in Oct and I'm trying my best to convince her that she needs to go to TORONTO!

:Pinkbounc

Yes! Tell her to come to Toronto! :p ... although, Montreal is not without its charm. If I had more vacation days left, I wouldn't mind taking a trip there myself *lol*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter