Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Yeah I don't think nature intended for parents to teach their kids to drive. If you pulled that off you're a very clever mother.;) My mom & dad tried to teach me, and I think DW and I tried with DDs but it was not gonna happen.

A neighbor taught me. My grandfather taught one of my brothers, and I taught my youngest brother. I'm also teaching our daughter. DH doesn't communicate calmly in this role so he has lost his teaching privileges. :rolleyes1

Twilight......I was just thinking about you last night as I sat on our porch waiting to see our first fireflies. Still a bit early for them around here.

Tidbits of info like this have taught me more about the timing differences in the changing seasons than all of my years in school. The internet may have its negative aspects, but I do love how it makes the world seem smaller and easier to understand.

I hope your fireflies show up soon!

Yeah I don't think nature intended for parents to teach their kids to drive. If you pulled that off you're a very clever mother.;) My mom & dad tried to teach me, and I think DW and I tried with DDs but it was not gonna happen.
You've apparently got me confused with someone else. :sad2: I pulled off nothing. It took me, my DH, various other trusted adults and $1,100 worth of professional driver's training to get that boy a license. And truth be told, I likely set the cause back some, given my propensity for shrieking in terror. :scared1: At a certain point I had to completely step away from the process because DS was starting to develop a twitch. :guilty:

You've apparently got me confused with someone else. :sad2: I pulled off nothing. It took me, my DH, various other trusted adults and $1,100 worth of professional driver's training to get that boy a license. And truth be told, I likely set the cause back some, given my propensity for shrieking in terror. :scared1: At a certain point I had to completely step away from the process because DS was starting to develop a twitch. :guilty:

This made me laugh out loud! :)

Progress,I've posted a picture from a decorating magazine that we are using. We have a window where the magazine shows a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_00000515.jpg
    IMG_00000515.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
^ Wow! My playbook appears to have been possessed! At least from what I'm not seeing just '?' marks?

IMG_00000514.jpg

IMG_00000516.jpg

The magazine picture we are using > We have a window where the magazine shows a picture.IMG_00000515.jpg

We had a pedestal sink, and took it out. This vanity has 2 small drawers that can open when a person is standing in the middle. A large middle drawer with three dividers and, towel shelf.:sunny: We decided to change the door, maybe a three glass panel one. Still trying to make up our minds on wallpaper or paint... :confused3

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm sitting here, home alone. DH has been gone for almost a week. He left last Wednesday for a few nights in Berlin, then on Saturday morning went to Prague for the weekend. On Sunday night he was in Dresden for a conference that started yesterday morning. His conference ends on Friday, when he'll go to Berlin for 5 nights before coming home on 6/27. Our 25th anniversary is 6/26, so I'll be home alone for that. I was keeping busy with work; it's the end of the first 5 week semester and I had grading up the wazoo to deal with, but now the semester is done and the next one won't start until next week, so I'm at loose ends. I didn't hear from DH tonight; while I am hoping he is out having fun, it's now about 2am in Dresden and I suspect he's asleep. I don't have any work to do, the laundry is done and folded, the kitchen is clean, my daughter is working, my sister is out. I've been reading but can't focus. I am just missing DH and feeling lonely. I'll survive... but it's gonna be a long week until he's back home :sad2:

Hi everyone. I'm sitting here, home alone. DH has been gone for almost a week. He left last Wednesday for a few nights in Berlin, then on Saturday morning went to Prague for the weekend. On Sunday night he was in Dresden for a conference that started yesterday morning. His conference ends on Friday, when he'll go to Berlin for 5 nights before coming home on 6/27. Our 25th anniversary is 6/26, so I'll be home alone for that. I was keeping busy with work; it's the end of the first 5 week semester and I had grading up the wazoo to deal with, but now the semester is done and the next one won't start until next week, so I'm at loose ends. I didn't hear from DH tonight; while I am hoping he is out having fun, it's now about 2am in Dresden and I suspect he's asleep. I don't have any work to do, the laundry is done and folded, the kitchen is clean, my daughter is working, my sister is out. I've been reading but can't focus. I am just missing DH and feeling lonely. I'll survive... but it's gonna be a long week until he's back home :sad2:

Well I'm jealous that your DH is in Europe! I'd imagine you'd rather be there with him too! Any special plans for your anniversary? I see you have a WDW trip in the not-too-distant future, is everything locked down for that? Maybe you could spend some time on planning this week to help pass the time?

Meanwhile you can always count on your ALDIO buddies to help cheer you up.:sunny: So I'm confused about the end of a semester in late June, but you said it's the first semester. Is your school on a year-round schedule?

Well I'm jealous that your DH is in Europe! I'd imagine you'd rather be there with him too! Any special plans for your anniversary? I see you have a WDW trip in the not-too-distant future, is everything locked down for that? Maybe you could spend some time on planning this week to help pass the time?

Meanwhile you can always count on your ALDIO buddies to help cheer you up.:sunny: So I'm confused about the end of a semester in late June, but you said it's the first semester. Is your school on a year-round schedule?

I DO have an upcoming Disney trip, and one of the things I'm working on this week is our park plans, as on Saturday our FastPass booking window opens. I've been playing with Touring Plans a bit tonight; I find the current FP system somewhat stressful, but I've planned them before and I can do it this time. I am really looking forward to this trip. It'll be just DD24 and me, to celebrate her 25th birthday, and we'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. DH and I stayed there 2 nights last summer for my birthday; no park tickets, just a couple of relaxing days. DD hasn't stayed there yet, but it's always been our dream, so we're gonna do it this year!

I teach at the University of Maine; I manage the organic chemistry labs full-time and teach labs in the summer. We just scrunched a 6 week summer session of O-chem 1 lecture and lab into 5 weeks, and everyone's worn to a frazzle. I've been grading 24 lab reports and 24 quizzes a week, as well as helping grade exams (4) and, of course, teaching the lab. It's been crazy-busy, but it wound up last Friday. The next summer session, where we're doing O-chem 2 lecture and lab, starts 6/25, but that'll be taught over 6 weeks instead of 5, so it'll be a little less pressure.

We don't have any anniversary plans. It'll be our 25th, although we were married on our 8th anniversary of being a couple, so 33 years altogether. I am waiting to see how tired DH is after two weeks of travel/being a tourist. I'm thinking we'll go see either Oceans Eight or Jurassic Park (DH LOVES to go to the movies) then out for dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in Bangor. It sounds funny, up here in the frozen northland, but there are several really lovely, expensive restaurants in Bangor. I have only been to one of them, and that was for Mother's Day Brunch last year, but we've been hoping to go out for dinner at one of them for awhile now. Our 25th anniversary seems to be a good excuse for over-indulging at dinner!

I am jealous of DH's time in Europe, and wish I was there with him, but I started my job in January and didn't feel it prudent to miss what was supposed to be the last week and a half of O-chem 1, so we didn't purchase airfare for me. THEN the schedule changed; except for grading, I have been done with the O-chem class since 6/13, which was the day DH left for Germany. I COULD have gone with him for the first 10-12 days, as it turns out, but when we purchased airfare we didn't know the class was going to be taught in 5 weeks instead of 6. Sigh. By the time we knew this, airfare was prohibitive, more than double what DH paid for his ticket. SO... here I sit on a quiet, lonely night in Maine... but thanks for chiming in, Micca, and keeping me company for awhile! I appreciate it!!

leebee, I'm so sorry you're feeling lonely but glad you reached out on here. Hopefully this week will pass by quickly for you.

Animal Kingdom Lodge again!!!! Yay! My favorite place!!!!! I have been finding it difficult to rent DVC there lately, but so glad we have been able to enjoy it in the past. So great that you and your DD get to spend time there for her 25th. Are any of the wonderful restaurants there in your plans this trip?

I agree that a really nice restaurant is a great idea for your 25th anniversary. That's a milestone worth celebrating in a special way.

It sounds like you are due for some relaxation after cramming that course into 5 weeks. Try to enjoy yourself even though you're missing your DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!