Another MaxPass Large Group Question

Didi8367

Mouseketeer
Forgive me for the multiple MaxPass posts, but I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my brain around the procedure for adding/using MaxPass for a larger group of people.

When you purchase MaxPass AFTER park entry (on, for example, LMT tickets), is it immediate? By that I mean, if I were to buy MaxPass and then immediately hand my ticket to someone else, so that they could scan it and add me to their app, could I do so as soon as my MaxPass purchase goes through? Or, is there some lag time btwn purchasing and when your hard ticket indicates that it has MaxPass associated with it?

The scenario I'm trying to confirm as workable is:

1) Large group, consisting of several smaller families, arrive at park prior to opening.
2) We go through the turnstiles.
3) Everyone buys MaxPass for their individual family
4) The few of us in charge of FP procurement scans everyone's tickets so that we can make FP reservations for all (or some, as the case may be).

Assuming there aren't any app glitches or CC issues, are steps 3 & 4 doable in the 20-30 minutes btwn going through the turnstiles and actual Rope Drop?

Last edited:
In my experience it was immediate. I only had a group of 5 though. As soon as we got to the rope drop area everyone gave me their tickets. I scanned them all and purchased their MP.

I haven’t done it with a group where people have already added MP to their tickets.

I would scan all tickets onto all devices that might need to access them prior to arrival, frankly. Yes, MP activation is immediate for all tickets as soon as the purchase goes through.

I would scan all tickets onto all devices that might need to access them prior to arrival, frankly. Yes, MP activation is immediate for all tickets as soon as the purchase goes through.

Well, I thought about that. But, I'll only be paying for MaxPass for the members of my immediate family (Me, DH, DS, DD). If I have everyone's tickets scanned into my device, can I choose to buy MaxPass for only some of those tickets?

Well, I thought about that. But, I'll only be paying for MaxPass for the members of my immediate family (Me, DH, DS, DD). If I have everyone's tickets scanned into my device, can I choose to buy MaxPass for only some of those tickets?
Yes. Yes, you can.

Since I have done this for a party of 12, I can say "Yes, totally doable." When I did it, from the time we entered the gate, til I was done with everyone, the kids who I sent ahead had only made it as far as Plaza Inn when I caught up and we headed to Buzz Lightyear... I would say well under 5 mins.

Since I have done this for a party of 12, I can say "Yes, totally doable." When I did it, from the time we entered the gate, til I was done with everyone, the kids who I sent ahead had only made it as far as Plaza Inn when I caught up and we headed to Buzz Lightyear... I would say well under 5 mins.

Oh, wonderful! That's good to know. Thank you!

Were you able to manage/get FastPasses for your entire group at once? I've seen conflicting reports on what the maximum number of people in a FastPass party can be. Some places/sites say 10 is the max. Others say 14. Some say there isn't a maximum number.

Oh, wonderful! That's good to know. Thank you!

Were you able to manage/get FastPasses for your entire group at once? I've seen conflicting reports on what the maximum number of people in a FastPass party can be. Some places/sites say 10 is the max. Others say 14. Some say there isn't a maximum number.
I've done 12. So the 10 max would be wrong. I am unsure why they would put a max on it, since it is one per person anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter