Another Minnie Van question

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
Will a Minnie van pick up at a Disney Springs hotel?

We stayed at the Beach Club last trip and used Minnie vans a ton. We are consdiering a different kinda of trip in January, a week for the pro bowl, doing pro bow activities, maybe LEGO land and 3ish days at Disney. We will plan on driving most days, but for our MK day maybe a Minnie Van would be better.

I know they recently expanded the Minnie Van service to "anywhere within the Walt Disney World Resort" so since the Disney Springs hotels are on property, I would think that counts especially since they do go to Disney Springs itself. I haven't gotten a complete confirmation on that yet but I would think it would.

I'm pretty sure they are limited to Disney properties only -- from Disney venue to Disney venue. I'm pretty sure, for example that they do NOT pick up at Swan or Dolphin.

However, I believe you could walk over to DS and get MinnieVan from there. Posters have reported the MV option still being active on subsequent visits.

I'm pretty sure they are limited to Disney properties only -- from Disney venue to Disney venue. I'm pretty sure, for example that they do NOT pick up at Swan or Dolphin.

However, I believe you could walk over to DS and get MinnieVan from there. Posters have reported the MV option still being active on subsequent visits.
They DO pick up at Swan and Dolphin....

"The rollout of the program has expanded over the past several months. And now, the rollout is complete and guests staying at any Disney World Resort — Value, Moderate, and Deluxe — can access the service, as well as guests at Four Seasons Orlando and the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels." --- Disney Food Blog

"The red-and-white polka-dotted vehicles can also be used by guests staying at independently-operated hotels, such as the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and the Four Season Resort Orlando." --- Spectrum News 13

"In addition to serving all resort hotels, Minnie Vans will now visit the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, and the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort." ---- WDW Info

Will a Minnie van pick up at a Disney Springs hotel?

We stayed at the Beach Club last trip and used Minnie vans a ton. We are consdiering a different kinda of trip in January, a week for the pro bowl, doing pro bow activities, maybe LEGO land and 3ish days at Disney. We will plan on driving most days, but for our MK day maybe a Minnie Van would be better.
So, I apologize for the first post. I finally got an answer back that the Minnie Van service does not currently do Disney Springs hotels but they hope to include them soon. So the best idea is what @JimMIA recommended of walking over to DS and catching a Minnie Van there.

So, I apologize for the first post. I finally got an answer back that the Minnie Van service does not currently do Disney Springs hotels but they hope to include them soon. So the best idea is what @JimMIA recommended of walking over to DS and catching a Minnie Van there.

Ok trip isn’t till January so we can hope it’s changed by then or we will just drive.

They DO pick up at Swan and Dolphin....

"The rollout of the program has expanded over the past several months. And now, the rollout is complete and guests staying at any Disney World Resort — Value, Moderate, and Deluxe — can access the service, as well as guests at Four Seasons Orlando and the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels." --- Disney Food Blog

"The red-and-white polka-dotted vehicles can also be used by guests staying at independently-operated hotels, such as the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and the Four Season Resort Orlando." --- Spectrum News 13

"In addition to serving all resort hotels, Minnie Vans will now visit the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, and the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort." ---- WDW Info
My bad. I was obviously operating on old information. Thanks for the correction.

I know they recently expanded the Minnie Van service to "anywhere within the Walt Disney World Resort" so since the Disney Springs hotels are on property, I would think that counts especially since they do go to Disney Springs itself. I haven't gotten a complete confirmation on that yet but I would think it would.
Actually, they aren't "on property", are they? Just across the street, but not officially on "Disney owned" property, like Swan and Dolphin or Four Seasons are. At least I didn't think they were. Near by yes, but not ON on. Which is likely why they don't pick up at this time.

Actually, they aren't "on property", are they? Just across the street, but not officially on "Disney owned" property, like Swan and Dolphin or Four Seasons are. At least I didn't think they were. Near by yes, but not ON on. Which is likely why they don't pick up at this time.
True which is why I already apologized for posting the first message which I realized was wrong but could edit since someone already had quoted it.

True which is why I already apologized for posting the first message which I realized was wrong but could edit since someone already had quoted it.
No, but they could eventually add them on. I was wondering if they were on property or not. Mostly out of curiosity more than anything

I just booked a stay at a DS resort and called to ask about Minnie van service. The customer service rep said yes, they do come to the hotel, she sees them pick up and drop off all the time. If this isn't true, uber and lyft do and they're cheaper.
I am guessing that if they haven't announced this yet, they still are going to Disney Springs locations if there is a car immediately available. In other words, they are testing it and like to keep the vans moving as much as possible.

I'll be there on July 3rd and will ask a driver, if no one else is there before that, and update. I'll believe a driver before I believe a CS on a phone, who may or may not quite understand
But yeah, they will pick up at DS for sure, so for sure can walk right over to the Marketplace to get picked up (if you want to go to MK for instance) or Uber/Lyft.
As to which is cheaper, if you need XL with a CarSeat, Minnie Van is about the same price. Otherwise, Uber/Lyft is less

Thanks everyone!

Since we will need at least 1 car seat Minnie Van would just be easiest. I know they will take you back if you call them from MK. It’s still a bit away so we have time for them to expand the service!

Thanks everyone!

Since we will need at least 1 car seat Minnie Van would just be easiest. I know they will take you back if you call them from MK. It’s still a bit away so we have time for them to expand the service!
And honestly, I've done a lot of price comparisons, when you add a car seat to Uber (and they are the only one to offer car seats, Lyft does not) Minnie Van is cheaper in some cases and not much more expensive in others. If I had to use a car seat on property I'd use Minnie Vans exclusively simply because they have 1 standard type of car seat and their drivers are trained on how to install them. With Uber you have no idea what type you are getting or if they know how to install them. Though I think they are only allowed to buy from a certain list. And, Uber is no longer signing up drivers with their car seat program *unless this recently changed again. So it can be harder to get a car than even Minnie Vans. So even if they aren't expanded by your trip, I'd walk over to DS

Yes, I'll believe it when I see it. That's why I said "if it's true". But my money is on that by the time we get there in October, they'll
be added to the official list for places they service. The Minnie Vans are a huge success and disney is still trying to keep up.
Angi TN, how far is it from the Best Western LBV to where you can get on a Minnie Van in Disney Springs?

And honestly, I've done a lot of price comparisons, when you add a car seat to Uber (and they are the only one to offer car seats, Lyft does not) Minnie Van is cheaper in some cases and not much more expensive in others. If I had to use a car seat on property I'd use Minnie Vans exclusively simply because they have 1 standard type of car seat and their drivers are trained on how to install them. With Uber you have no idea what type you are getting or if they know how to install them. Though I think they are only allowed to buy from a certain list. And, Uber is no longer signing up drivers with their car seat program *unless this recently changed again. So it can be harder to get a car than even Minnie Vans. So even if they aren't expanded by your trip, I'd walk over to DS

Agreed on all points, personally we loved Minnie vans last trip! We became a bit spoiled! I may try to order one and see what happens as well, we are going to drive to the other parks, only MK would we take the Minnie van.

Yes, I'll believe it when I see it. That's why I said "if it's true". But my money is on that by the time we get there in October, they'll
be added to the official list for places they service. The Minnie Vans are a huge success and disney is still trying to keep up.
Angi TN, how far is it from the Best Western LBV to where you can get on a Minnie Van in Disney Springs?
I wish I could help you out but honestly don't know. We've never stayed anywhere but on property at WDW.
I can tell you where they pick up at DS. The old bus depot, in the Marketplace area. So right near the end by the Christmas shop. I think that's fairly close to where the DS hotel walkway is based on the map I have looked at but really not positive.

About a mile. You have to walk to Disney Springs and get a Minnie Van from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter