• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Park Question Please - Dreamworld

My 2 princesses

Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bu
Hoping some of you can help me. I am looking to take the kids to Dreamworld when we visit Australia. Which is the closest airport? I'm hearing different ones, LOL!! Is one day enough or should we do two. Kids are Wiggle crazy and don't want to miss this opportunity since we will be there any where.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am surfing as well, but thought to ask here as well.

TIA.

Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Not too much difference between them to be honest.

Thanks! Now to find accomodation as looks like we will stay one night. Turns out there is a deal on tickets as well, so might as well do 2 days.

The Gold Coast airport is called Coolangatta. It's closer to the theme parks then Brisbane, but Brisbane is only an hour or so away and you'll find more options for BNE because it's a bigger airport.

My youngest son is Wiggles obsessed and he adored Wiggles World and Dreamworld!! You'll have a ball :).

Either airport is fine. I would go with the cheaper airfares.

One day is enough. Especially if you are going out of school holidays. If you have more time, do Seaworld or some of the Gold Coast.

Personally, I would stay in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. It is a relatively short drive, and there is not much around Dreamworld.

Thanks guys!! I now have an idea of where and what to look for. There are also 59 bucks fares from MEL, wooo hooo. It seems a lot cheaper to book it by myself than thru a travel agent.

One more question - it appears to be raining a lot at the Gold coast these last few days. Is the park still open through the rain? Can we just wear a poncho and continue on our way like we do at Disney World?

Yes, the parks stay open in the rain. And sell rain ponchos at exhorbitant prices!

Yes, the parks stay open in the rain. And sell rain ponchos at exhorbitant prices!

Thanks...........just like Disney in more ways than one:lmao:

I hope I can pull this off - the kids would love it. We are leaving for MEL tomorrow and hope to visit the GC around the 17th. Very last minute (now that's unlike Disney).

Thank you all for your help. Wish me luck.

Thanks guys!! I now have an idea of where and what to look for. There are also 59 bucks fares from MEL, wooo hooo. It seems a lot cheaper to book it by myself than thru a travel agent.

One more question - it appears to be raining a lot at the Gold coast these last few days. Is the park still open through the rain? Can we just wear a poncho and continue on our way like we do at Disney World?
Oh yes...they stay open in the rain. We did DreamWorld in the pouring rain once. It was nearly empty :lmao: Our shoes were soaked through by the end of the day...but we did have a good time.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiger Island. For me this is the highlight. We have followed the growth of the original cubs and the birth and growth of Mohan's cubs and then the growth of the smaller tigers.
They are just wonderful. I have spent hours there.

The main "concern" will be wind and rain. Tower of Terror and giant drop can be affected by this...
The original coaster would sometimes close but I don't know about the newest one.

Have a great time!

My 2 princesses, just be aware that souveniers in Aus theme parks etc are significantly more expensive than any souveniers at Disney.

I am used to Aussie theme park merchandise prices and I must say I was pleasantly surprised about the prices at Disney. Also, the food. At least at Disney you can find a decent meal for $10 or so, but don't expect to find anything decent or anything for $10 in an Aus theme park. I am not trying to put you off but I don't want you to have the expectation that you will get as much bang for your buck in one of our theme parks as you would at Disney.

Having said all that, I loooooove Seaworld on the Gold Coast :woohoo:

xxx

Thanks for all your help. We are back and had a wonderful time at both DreamWorld and White Water World. Great deal too - we paid only $59.00 as there is a special on, great timing.:banana:. Kids loved the parks and the country as a whole. One thinks we should now move to Melbourne.

Thanks for all your help. We are back and had a wonderful time at both DreamWorld and White Water World. Great deal too - we paid only $59.00 as there is a special on, great timing.:banana:. Kids loved the parks and the country as a whole. One thinks we should now move to Melbourne.

Yay! I'm glad you had a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter